FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Report/review Ronn Stern PB camp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report/review Ronn Stern PB camp
    Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:47pm

Alright, well I know you are all waiting on the edge of your seats to hear all the details of what happenned at camp, despite the fact that i forgot to post about it before, so here it is!

Well, I arrived a full day early to avoid high flight costs, and after a peaceful flight, I arrived at the Allentown PA airport, and lo-and behold, there was Ronn Stern standing there with his laptop, waiting for me. After ntroducing myself, we waited for the three other people who arrived early (three guys from Arizona) after which we drove to the hotel (an hour from the airport) and messed around for the remainder of the day.

Arrivals day: after staying up until about 3AM the day before I slept well until 11:30 when house-keeping knocked on my door, so i checked out of my temporary room, and went to the lobby, where i proceeded to see people coming and checking in with Don Hagar, met lots of people, talked about paintball (duh).

First day of camp: The preious day Ronn said that we would leave on the bus at 6AM, and breakfast would be 5:30-6:00, so Myself and my room mate woke up at 5:00AM (2:00 for me, being from Oregon) got dressed, and went down for breakfast, which turned out to b stale bite sized donuts and bstale bite sized bagels, with bad coffee . everyone was down there with all their gear, groggy, but determined, so we went outside to wait for the bus, an hour passed, we waited, another hour, we waited and complained, another hour, and don tells us the bus broke down, but its on its way now.... so at about 8:10 AM the bus arrives, we all pack in and head off. We get to the feild, and there they are, the instructors- Rocky Cagnoni, Bea youngs, Jon Call, and Mike Packson. sweet. We start off by getting our guns ready, and then proceed to do "rock-robics" which is stretching and a half mile run, we then do a timed drill on an airball feild, we must run through and shoot all the targets as if in a game, my time is 26 seconds... we get divided up into groups according to our times, and I'm with Rocky! We head over to a hyper ball feild and drill, including one called "the pain game" (ask if you want explanation on anything in here)
after this we go eat lunch, some kinda gross subs... after lunch we go back out and drill some more, and at the end of the day we all went to the Tippmann Castle, played with instructors defending (and wiping like mad).

Second day: Well, after the catastrophe of the first morning, we all woke up at 8:00 and left at 8:30, got to the feild, did rocky-robics, and then it rained, didnt get to play all day, just listeened to the pros talk strategy... we then went to the shop and people loaded up on midnight. The paint we were given with the camp, called "velocity" was THE WORST paint i have ever had. it was more inconsistant than Brass Eagle walmart paint, the fill was so thin that it sank into clothes in under a minute...

Third day: We get to the feild, do our "robics" and go and play some airball to make up for the previous day, then, sated, we go and drill, I do snap shooting with Jon call, and one on one drills in the snake of the hyperball with mike and Bea. we then play more airball, and have lunch, proceed to drill more, etc. go to store again, and i finally break down and buy myself a nitro tank, a brand new 68/45 fiber PMI tank with Redz cover, and my bank accout is ccomfortably empty...

Fourth day: the day of the tournament, winners in each division (rookie, novice) play the pros... My first day using nitro, i am surprised when i find the bottle is warm, others laugh. anyway, our team played three games, with scores of- 13, 100, and 17 the most inconsitant team ever.

too tired to type more right now, want to know more? ask in this thread.

(yes, i copy/pasted my thread from AO yes i was too lazy to type up a different one for here)

NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:53pm
How much did it set you back to go there, and was it worth it? I always thought these "camp" things were a total waste of money, no offence...
///AMG What?
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:55pm

How much did this cost?

Personally it dosent sound like to much fun to me. Forced to wake up early, bad food, forced to do "robics" or whatever, then doing mostly "Speed drills" or whatever, then not even playing a whole day due to RAIN? I play in the rain, just tape your hopper lid and be a man.

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:55pm
Sounds awesome, and I actually did read all of it.

Where is this camp at?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:55pm

Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

How much did it set you back to go there, and was it worth it? I always thought these "camp" things were a total waste of money, no offence...

well, I wouldnt have gone except for the fact that my grandfather is very well off, and decided i needed to do something this summer...

all told, i beleive the total including airfare was somewhere near $1400 and no, i do not beleive it was worth the money, not nearly organized enough, I went to snowboard camp a few years ago, and compared to that, this was a joke

benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:58pm
i would have liked to be there anyway
Sig is WAY too big.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:59pm
$1400 = JMJ Featherlight viking, decked out. Way to go....
///AMG What?
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

all told, i beleive the total including airfare was somewhere near $1400

Oh my god.

That IS a joke.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 2:01pm

It was generally fun to be immerssed in paintball for 4 days, and the "drills" were more the pros giving us tips, and they were fun, not like lacrosse, or football drills...

I've also discovered that i must own an angel speed, i shot one, and now i yearn for one...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 2:02pm

yeah, i know, but he wouldnt have bought me a gun, still it was fun, and he couldnt care less about the price

NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

yeah, i know, but he wouldnt have bought me a gun, still it was fun, and he couldnt care less about the price

As long as you didnt pay, its ok...
///AMG What?
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 2:12pm
Skirmish let them organize a camp there?

Coming in May 2005!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 2:12pm
well, now that my bank accounts empty (Nitro tank bought) Id better start saving for that speed (yeah, right)
tyranny View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:28pm
yea if i ever go to a camp i wanna go to the dynasty camp even though its really a clinic
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:32pm
sounds like it kinda sucked...
pimptastik View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:37pm

sounds kinda cool.

i would have rather had the JMJ Featherlight viking, decked out. for that money.

<no ginormous sigs please>
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:50pm
It actually sounds like you had a good time. In hindsight I bet you met some great people and learned a lot of things that you will use later on and not even be aware of it! Just out of curiosity, how much paint did you shoot?
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:57pm

Originally posted by WUNgUN WUNgUN wrote:

It actually sounds like you had a good time. In hindsight I bet you met some great people and learned a lot of things that you will use later on and not even be aware of it! Just out of curiosity, how much paint did you shoot?

I did have a great time, and learned alot, I used less than two cases, they gave us two cases of this CRAP paint, velocity, and I shot 1.25 cases

EDIT: my friend is going to the Naughty Dogs clinic tomorrow, so hell let you know how that was...

Edited by BARREL BREAK
pimptastik View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 4:13pm
i wish my parents let me go to paintball camp.
<no ginormous sigs please>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic