FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cursed temptation!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cursed temptation!
    Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:45pm
Three times in the past two weeks this has happened. I'm here at work, walking downstairs to come back to my area, and I hear the ATM beeping, faster and faster, and when I go to look at it it is asking if I'd like more time. I hit yes, just to see, and sure enough, somebody had not waited to finish out their transaction and it was asking me if I'd like another transaction.

Here I dutifully hit no, and ended the session. Three times this has happened. They're begging me to take their money. It's like they want me to have it.

"Please, Chris, take the money. There are no cameras, and nobody's watching. It's yours now, and whatever executive it is will surely make it back this week."

If this keeps up, how can I continue to resist. A fresh wad of 20's would come in mighty handy with the bills and birthdays coming up, but my morals won't let me take it. And what happens if somebody else, less honest, takes this person's money? I'm not sure how to find out who is doing this over and over again. What a strange situation.

Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:47pm
How very tempting.
nickman98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Et Tu, Nickman?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:48pm
oh just take some for crying out loud. :)
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:48pm
Your honor is not worth the cash. If you're any kind of decent human being at all, you'll live with that dishonor the rest of your life.
Real Men Love Cheeses
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:48pm
im not going to lie. I would take the money. But i think its wrong to steal.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
ItsJustMe View Drop Down
Suicide by mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsJustMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Your honor is not worth the cash. If you're any kind of decent human being at all, you'll live with that dishonor the rest of your life.
<Replaced gigantormous sig with strike, good trade.>
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:51pm
I agree. I have no intention of taking it or I would have already. It's fun to think about though. I could never live with having done that to somebody, because I think about going to get some cash out myself and finding out my account's been drained.

I've also run across this three times before any of this here at work. People leaving thier cards in the ATM and walking away, leaving me to get their card out and chase them down.

People are not nearly careful enough with these things. I don't like how I keep coming into these situations. It's not right.

Edited by reifidom

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:52pm
Whether you realize it or not, you sacrifice a part of yourself whenever you act dishonorably. Call it what you want - a soul, karma - but you lose something very real and it DOES come back to you in the end.
Real Men Love Cheeses
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:53pm
hmmm, interesting, try and find out who it is, and tell them they keep doing it. be the good guy
Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:53pm

if there ar eno cameras, for sure, then take some,  it will teach them a lesson to finish they're transaction. 

not really, be a good person and just keep up the good work

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:53pm

Post a paper saying saying

"ATTENTION: Customers please finish your transaction and make sure you have fully logged out"

Something like that, so it doesn't happen again.

Coming in May 2005!
ItsJustMe View Drop Down
Suicide by mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsJustMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

"ATTENTION: Customers please finish your transaction and make sure you have fully logged out"

good call. for once, i agree with ya.
<Replaced gigantormous sig with strike, good trade.>
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

There, yes. I'll do something like that and let security know to keep an eye on it.

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:56pm
That's a good idea, actually... Help them help themselves.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Sumo_Monkey22 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’m too sexy for my teeth ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumo_Monkey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:02pm
Its might be a set-up. I would watch out if I was you...
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:10pm
I've sent a message to the company pipeline. This will be posted company wide to let anybody who uses the ATM's here know to be careful. Also, I'm going to suggest some kind of sign.

Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:12pm
Take ALL the money out, put it in an envelope and send it to them. Tell them that they need to watch what they're doing.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:17pm
you do realize that if you want to make another transaction the ATM will ask for the PIN number again so that this sort of thing doesn't happen...
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:19pm

Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

you do realize that if you want to make another transaction the ATM will ask for the PIN number again so that this sort of thing doesn't happen...

Here when you want to make another trans you dont need the PIN again.

Edited by MSG.Mobius

Coming in May 2005!
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

I haven't run into this here. I've run out of time on that ATM and it's asked me if I want more and not demanded a pin.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic