Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

painting a 98c

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hockeypntbllr View Drop Down
Strike 1 (cussin) (C14)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hockeypntbllr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: painting a 98c
    Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:06am
if i wanted to paint a 98c would spray paint or automotive paint be better and could i paint a expanison chamber and the ASA or is some special baked paint on it  so co2 wont leak out or somthing 
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:08am
it might be easier to go to your local shop and give em like 10 bucks and tell them how u want it and let them paint it.
5ptcontingency View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5ptcontingency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:15am

^^ yes, it might be easier, but with just a tiny bit of research, hockeypntbllr can learn how to paint it on his own.

Anyways, either regular spray paint or automotive paint will work fine as long as it is quality paint.

this might help you out.
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:25am
i wouldnt suggest using regular spray paint. but automotive paint works great.
autosniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autosniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:56pm
i used regular spray paint on my gun and it turned out great! all u have do remember is to go back and forth over ur gun and spray LIGHTLY first and if u want to, go a little heavier later. also remember to not spray anything in youre gun that would affect it's preformence like inside the chamber where the bolt travels, tape it off or something to protect it.
"DON'T RUN, YOU'LL JUST DIE TIRED"
98c
flatline
rt
2x trig
empire rev.
bi-pod
remote line
grn to blk fade w/ blk flames

GoN_StAlKeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoN_StAlKeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:38pm

Depending on how you want to paint your gun get good paint.Best way to paint it is to hang the gun by wire so you can rotate it and dont have to worry about setting it down when you are done. Make sure you let it dry for about 2 days the paint needs to harden even after it has dried.   

Edited by GoN_StAlKeR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic