Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DNC!!!! kerry’s speech

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:48pm
I wholeheartedly agree with rednekk98 on what he said.

As for the DNC, I laughed through the parts I watched. To hear Sharpton talk, Bush is a psycho black-hating racist, who only wants to keep the black man down. I don't think that giving "minorities" (for lack of a better word) preferential treatment (affirmative action) over whites is discrimination, except maybe against white people.

If you really want equality, stop trying to be better than anyone else.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:23pm
The speech should have left me all aglow, but it didn't. It must have been considered good though, because FOX NEWS was quite shrill this morning while picking the speech apart.
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:43pm
I didnt care for Kerrys speech. I really don't like Kerry at all, but listening to Al Gore scream like a wild man was hilarious.

Benny go home!
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by HondaXR HondaXR wrote:

^ Been watching those Liberal news channels again havent you eh?

you've been watching fox news channel again havent you eh?
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 4:29pm

Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

The speech should have left me all aglow, but it didn't.

Its because there were no baloons.

ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 4:52pm

Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

I didnt care for Kerrys speech. I really don't like Kerry at all, but listening to Al Gore scream like a wild man was hilarious.

tis true tis very true

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

The speech should have left me all aglow, but it didn't.

Its because there were no baloons.

I heard that Rush Limbaugh stole them. After doing his best to save the sanctity of marriage with a constitutional amendment, he needed gifts for his three ex-wives.
PaintMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
That’s MISTER Poo Flinger to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 10:50pm
I especially like the quote at the end of Kerry's speech, that Abe Lincoln said somewhere along the lines of 'Not Praying That God is on Our side but hoping that we are on His', I strongly agree with this statement and disagree with Bush's religious justifications for certain actions.

I also still feel that waging war on other nations and the idea of "Terrorism" will not protect us but will further put us in danger. I feel that this is simply an attempt to put out flames with gasoline.
When a Monkey runs out of paint, he throws FECES!
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 10:51pm
Care to state an alternative to dealing with terrorism?
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:24pm

Before 9/11 the U.S hadnt been in any or very few acts of war so to speak but yet we still got attacked. Its been 3 years since 9/11 and we havnent been attacked yet. Yep i think its all working.

BTW ejp14 dont tell me to grow up, when you're sitting there complaing because i forgot an  s and added a y on accident. I can also pull up a few of your posts completely contradicting yourself by telling me to grow up.

EDIT. Bravo Rednek for that long but good read. I completely agree with you, although im leaning towards Bush on this election. Like you said Kerry hasnt said one thing about what he will do with this whole iraq thing and terrorism.

Edited by VisionIMP
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Although I dont agree with it 100% I think I get what hes saying.

Insted of overtaking a country that has terrorists in it, we should hunt down the terrorists themselves.

That works on paper, but can have its own difficulties.

Salem View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by Ajreaper Ajreaper wrote:

The democrats may want to wash their hands of this and point the finger at Bush and the republicans but they put us all on the path to what has transpired. There is no party that does not share in all that's has transpired. 

The bold is very true.  Which makes it all the more ironic when so many Clinton critics conveniently forget that Republican administrations created Osama...

Funny, I always thought Mrs and MR Bin Laden created osama. shows how little i know,

-Kasey

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:00am

Insted of overtaking a country that has terrorists in it, we should hunt down the terrorists themselves.

That'd be great if we could do it really. But getting terrorist out of Iraq with Saddam in power would be a tad tricky eh? Figure the whole middle east is a hornet's nest hanging over the door to your garage. You've ignored it for a while hopeing the wouldn't screw with you, it just got huge instead. You need to use the garage so you can drive your car to work and make money, but if you keep using it sooner or later you'll get stung. Well, on 9-11-01, 19 of the little buggers decided to sting your dog. Now think like a Texan here, what do you do? Grab the 12 gauge, put in what you hope is the right choke and shot to obliterate the whole nest, and blast it to kingdom come. Great for you, you knocked it down and killed a bunch of them. Now your wife insists you pick up the mess in the driveway, but the surviving bees are stinging you while you try to do it. Your wife(did I mention she's French?) says you're a dumbarse and you should have left well enough alone. Or let her go to the store and get some hornet spray so you could deal with it later. Now she wont get you the hornet spray or open the garbage can lid so you can chuck out the nest. Now you've got a few angry bees flying around that may sting your neighbors, but if you'd waited for your wife to get around to her offer of buying some spray(she'd have bought whatever was on sale and it prolly wouldn't have killed them all and they'd be back in a week) the nest might have gotten bigger, or they'd sting your kids instead of your dog, which she doesn't care about anyways since she's a cat person. Or what if the bees proliferated and you ended up with more nests that wouldn't be so "easy" to deal with that'd gety ou when you didn't suspect it, or come in through a vent or something?

So hunting down the individual bees that stung your dog would only stop them from stinging again, and there'd be a mess of them still there. Best to find a way to eliminate most of them and swat the survivors.

Man that's a weird analogy. Hope it makes even a tad of sens.

Edited by rednekk98
Slothbutt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can’t find the short bus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slothbutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:01am

We did..just in this case the terrorist happened to be a dictator of a country. Or is killing a few thousand people not quite terroristy enough?
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by VisionIMP VisionIMP wrote:

BTW ejp14 dont tell me to grow up, when you're sitting there complaing because i forgot an  s and added a y on accident. I can also pull up a few of your posts completely contradicting yourself by telling me to grow up.

Please do.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 4:58pm

Before 9/11 the U.S hadnt been in any or very few acts of war so to speak but yet we still got attacked. Its been 3 years since 9/11 and we havnent been attacked yet. Yep i think its all working.

Watch the news much?

EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 5:07pm

That'd be great if we could do it really. But getting terrorist out of Iraq with Saddam in power would be a tad tricky eh?

This might be a tad irrelivant, but there are actually A LOT more terrorists in Iraq now that Saddam is out of power. And if I remember correctly bush led us into Iraq to destroy said "WMDs", not to clense the country of terrorists.

*EDITED* I had some trouble putting this post together. With editing those quotes and all it got kind of tricky. I hope I didn't mess it up.

Edited by EYES

tippy98aac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy98aac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Ajreaper Ajreaper wrote:

Originally posted by 98God 98God wrote:

he said were not going to go to war because we want to...because we have too...who wants to go to wasr...seriously

He and Edwards both voted for the war- now he's against the war? Hmhmhmhm- the man was a three term Senator, what did he do over those three terms? What was he passinate about promoting, fixing creating? Now he's running for president and has the answers- well where were the answers while he was spending 3 terms as a senator? Did he keep them a secret till he got a chance to run for president?

o yes and what exactly are george bush's answers? sending job over seas, tax breaks that only benefit the rich and and a constitutional ammendment to band **edited** marriage! O yeah and if you disagree with the war because god forbid someone have a different opinion than george bush, will call u "unpatriotic"!
Tippy 98 c
tippy98aac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy98aac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 10:27pm

how is gettin soldier who willingly signed up for the army and knew what they might be getting themselves into ruining America? I dont know but when Clinton sent those troops to Somalia he sure didnt ruin America now did he? I really hate the way you liberals think. Clinton did a ton of worse things than Bush but the min Bush does something good and right you all jump on him like it was bad.

Seriously stop.

BTW anyone else find it funny how Kerry started his speech?

o yeah clinton did so many bad things i hated him to. there were no wars, gas cheap and our allies still liked us o yes and we werent sending innocent over seas to fight a war against terrorism when 1. its a year later and there are still no "weapons of mass destruction" 2. there is so no evidence that saddam had any ties to alqueda 3. the whole middle east wasnt in an uproar, burning our flags and car bombings when clinton was in office.

i hate how conservatives think
Tippy 98 c
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 10:58pm

Hmm no wars when clinton was in office. Lets See.1993 Somalia, 18 American Soldiers dead 2 blackhawks downed. 1998 or earlier. Bombings in Yugoslavia and Iraq lasted for a year or more.

Go read that long post by rednekk Tippy98aac.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic