Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UPS: Is it really safe?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Semper Durus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPS: Is it really safe?
    Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:31pm

This is a warning for those of you shipping expensive packages via UPS.

I ordered a Smart Parts Shocker from Bradyspaintball.com. The box came, I opened it to find that the Shocker box had no shrinkwrap, a badly scratched All-American barrel, and the instruction manual. There was no marker. I quickly called Bradyspaintball, but they were not opened. I then in turn called American Paintball Supply, Inc. They told me that they didn't know what happened and told me they would investigate and call me the following morning. No call at 12:00 noon so I called them back. They thought I was lying because they weighed the package at 9lbs, which would have had to have the marker included. I called Bradyspaintball back and they told me it was shipped from American Paintball Supply. I told them that I had recieced the package, but there wasn't a marker inside the box. The man on the phone told me that it was UPS. I was the 3rd time it had been stolen out of the back of a UPS truck. When a UPS driver pulls into a McDonalds, he leaves his truck unlocked. A theif walks up, climbs in the back, and looks for packages with a special tag. One that shows it is insured and over a set amount of money. He opens it up, steals the most expensive thing, and goes on his marry way.

After further research and a call to UPS, I found out that $35,000 in merchandise had been stolen this summer. Think twice about ordering online. The prices may be tempting, but haven in stolen in route to you may be more than you ever wanted. Luckily my package was insured and will be replaced, but it will take 3-4 weeks.

I don't have a sig anymore
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:33pm
ouch that really sucks.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:33pm

So why dont you call the UPS hub. I dunno about UPS, but i know the USPS turns into total nazi mode when they suspect someone is stealing mail. My dad is a postman, and he told me someone that worked at his station was fired for stealing 25 cents out of an envelope.

At the very least youll be notifying the local manager that someone along the line is stealing crap.

Or maybe the suck-gnomes showed up and took your naziparts gun to the land of crappy stuff.

Semper Durus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:37pm
No, no, no. It ISN'T the UPS guys that are stealing, it is thieves that steal when the UPS men are not at their trucks.
I don't have a sig anymore
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:38pm

My UPS truck guy is cool. He delivred all of my favorite things, computer stuff and paintball stuff, he locks the truck every time, not a thing stolen.

If you UPS guy is dumb, go to the shipping center and complain.

It isn't UPS just the Delivery man.

Coming in May 2005!
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:39pm
Ah i didnt notice that part.
RfUiLreZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RfUiLreZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:40pm
My mom works at UPS as a Security Manager. She sets up bait packages with ink in them to get people to steal from the company. At which point they are instantly terminated. She's had a few people steal watches that were "worth" over $12,000. I quoted worth because they were really $5 watches, with a $12,000 price tag.

And it is sad, but true they do leave they're doors open. It's at their own risk though. If some inspection agency sees them even driving around with the door open they get screwed big time. $17,500 fine for both the driver, and the company. Instant termination, and I believe their License is revoked.

If you saw the way they handle packages and stuff, it's amazing. Most of the sorters and stuff just throw boxes from belt to belt without taking care.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

Makes sense to me.
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:44pm

at least it was insured

jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

ouch that really sucks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Makes sense to me.

It's not UPS that made the mistake, it was the delivery man, who left the truck open.

I am saying that UPS is nice, you might just have a bad delivery man.

Coming in May 2005!
-The Unknown View Drop Down
Guested - Nudity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -The Unknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by 98God 98God wrote:

at least it was insured

thank god...

matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:54pm
you got hosed
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Semper Durus Semper Durus wrote:

When a UPS driver pulls into a McDonalds, he leaves his truck unlocked. A theif walks up, climbs in the back, and looks for packages with a special tag. One that shows it is insured and over a set amount of money. He opens it up, steals the most expensive thing, and goes on his marry way.

Sounds like a scam to me...
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:04pm
USPS > UPS
///AMG What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:05pm

Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

USPS > UPS

Its all the same to me.

Coming in May 2005!
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Semper Durus Semper Durus wrote:

The box came, I opened it to find that the Shocker box had no shrinkwrap, a badly scratched All-American barrel, and the instruction manual.

So with the marker missing, did you figure out what scratched the barrel?

98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:11pm

my ups man kinda sucks...whenever i get boxes they are like kicked in...he must like punt them from his truck to my porch

Edited by 98God
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:15pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Makes sense to me.

It's not UPS that made the mistake, it was the delivery man, who left the truck open.

I am saying that UPS is nice, you might just have a bad delivery man.

I know, I was agreeing with you, you made a good point.
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:19pm
so you got the gun right? or did you get your money back?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic