Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ATI or Nvidia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Which Graphics card do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [64.52%]
10 [32.26%]
1 [3.23%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by PaintballWizard PaintballWizard wrote:

Sorry dude but pipelines do make a differance go read some reviews.

Oh the 6800gt favors AMD 64 bit systems  so far.

Sorry for bringing up an old topic.

Oh and most of the stuff is now actually intergrated into the mobo like youm0nt said.

Youm0nt nice bike fund lol 16 grand what a waste.

I meant that so far the extra pipelines didn't make a big difference. I am sure x800PE would have been faster with the same number of PL as 6800

BTW for 16,000 you can buy a sweet ride.

Why dont you lease the bike?

Your not really gonna save that much money?

Coming in May 2005!
Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 8:51pm
i like Nvivdia better i think their cards are faster, but now i have a Matrox, an old one, i was on a tight budget when i got my computer

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 8:54pm

Originally posted by Random_Person Random_Person wrote:

i like Nvivdia better i think their cards are faster, but now i have a Matrox, an old one, i was on a tight budget when i got my computer

No offense but you propably don't know much about computers.

Speed is not about opnion, it's about stats.

And the computer that they benchmark on are MADE for benchmarks, they do all kind od things to optimize that regular people don't.

LOL I have a Matrox too. It's on the shelf as an antique, along with a Pentium I equivalent processor. I believe that system once ran Doom(prolly not)

Coming in May 2005!
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 8:56pm
I really dont see why people complain about the newer nvidia cards taking up two slots.

I havent even filled up all my slots and I have 2 video cards, a raid card, sound card, and a USB add in card.

ATI = Canada = booooooo

and if you want to use Apples new 30" cinema display you have no choice but to get a 6800 because its the only card that will run it.

Edited by Solipsism

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:03pm

Originally posted by Solipsism Solipsism wrote:

I really dont see why people complain about the newer nvidia cards taking up two slots.

I havent even filled up all my slots and I have 2 video cards, a raid card, sound card, and a USB add in card.

ATI = Canada = booooooo

and if you want to use Apples new 30" cinema display you have no choice but to get a 6800 because its the only card that will run it.

Once again it's preference.

Both are equally fast and no matter what ATI or nVidia come up with the other will keep up.

For now the nVidia is loader, has large 2 slot cooler which in turn takes up more power.

IMO Ati for a small Canadian company they have a history of better card and turn cheaper WAY faster.

A 9600 Xt is the same price as 5200 Ultra and is twice as fast(really is)

Coming in May 2005!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

And the computer that they benchmark on are MADE for benchmarks, they do all kind od things to optimize that regular people don't.

LOL I have a Matrox too. It's on the shelf as an antique, along with a Pentium I equivalent processor. I believe that system once ran Doom(prolly not)

i know quite a bit about computers but i haven't kept up with any of the new benchmarks. sry but last time i checked Nvivdia was slightly faster (thats why i said think their cards are faster) 

my matrox is in an 1 ghz AMD and the guy that built it for us didn't know crap and my dad didn't think i could build a computer then.

and i still have another computer with a pentium 166 and i play doom 2 on it when i get bored. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:10pm

i know quite a bit about computers but i haven't kept up with any of the new benchmarks. sry but last time i checked Nvivdia was slightly faster (thats why i said think their cards are faster) 

my matrox is in an 1 ghz AMD and the guy that built it for us didn't know crap and my dad didn't think i could build a computer then.

and i still have another computer with a pentium 166 and i play doom 2 on it when i get bored. 

I wanna play Doom 2...

Coming in May 2005!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:13pm

come over i'll fire up the old computer, it is such an awesome game

DOOM 2 FOREVER!!!

youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:21pm

A 9600 Xt is the same price as 5200 Ultra and is twice as fast(really is)

obviously.= 9600xt > 5200ultra
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:33pm
Im not sure if I will ever own another ATI card, I had one in the past and their drivers were absolute garbage.
PaintballWizard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Flatstang is my HERO!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:54pm

Ohh this started a flame war..... I personally would take a 6800> ati x800pro its the same pipelines and faster although the x800 pro will have 256 mb of memory but if you have enough ram I dont see how it would play a big factor yet.....

/\

Does that sound wrong?

Anyway this round Nivida pulls ahead, good for them actually ati has mainly most of the time been ahead.

Paintball Videos.
www.smacktalkpaintball.com
webdogradio.us
www.forceofnature.com
and www.google.com
BradNowell View Drop Down
Not sensitive to others needs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:00pm
nvida cause i have one. nvida g-force 4 64 meg pci
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by PaintballWizard PaintballWizard wrote:

Ohh this started a flame war..... I personally would take a 6800> ati x800pro its the same pipelines and faster although the x800 pro will have 256 mb of memory but if you have enough ram I dont see how it would play a big factor yet.....

/\

Does that sound wrong?

Anyway this round Nivida pulls ahead, good for them actually ati has mainly most of the time been ahead.

6800 Gt has more pipelines (16 i think) while the x800 pro has 12. Also the x800 pro as 128 mb of memory and the gt as 256. lol paintballwizard
PaintballWizard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Flatstang is my HERO!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 12:00am
/\

uh dude 6800 not 6800gt theres a 6800 non ultra non gt

*edit i could of sworn i seen a x800 pro with 256 oh well.

Edited by PaintballWizard

Paintball Videos.
www.smacktalkpaintball.com
webdogradio.us
www.forceofnature.com
and www.google.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic