Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how much does it hurt?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
benmorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benmorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:05pm
i mean i can handle it ... oops it not bad at all
benmorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benmorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:06pm
i mean i can* hadle it... lol
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:13pm
OK..I was going to say. If you couldn't handle that then your a wimp. You'll be fine playing paintball. It might be a good idea to go out and rent a gun for the day before you go out and buy one. If you want to get use to being hit by paintballs get one of your friends to shoot you over and over again until you get use to it. You'll realize pretty fast that it doesn't hurt that much and you get use to getting hit pretty fast. If you do that rember you and the person shooting you wears goggles.
(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:13pm

there are a few factors that affect the pain inflicted by a paintball

1. velocity (the higher the fps the more it hurts. i think in tournies its like 300 fps which is pretty high)
2.how close u get shot. obviously getting bunkered will hurt more than a ball shot from the oppostie side of the feild
3. stale (old) paint. stale paint can really mess u up. my friend got bunkered with stale paint 2 years ago and still has the scar to show for it. the reason it does that is, when it hits, u it doesnt brake and the impact isnt relieved so it just bounces off u. its almost like being shot by a rock. a lot of feilds make u use their paint to make sure no one is out there getting lit up by ppl with stale paint.
4. how many times u get shot. if u get hit 20 times in the neck, it definetely hurts more than it would with one hit.

a paintball feels like a whip with a leather belt with a little push on it. it lasts for about 5 secs if u get shot from the other side of the feild but if u get bunkered (shot from very close up), ull feel it all day.

good luck benmorse,

jake

edit: in response to impyking- i got a pball gun before i ever played and the first day i played i loved it.

Edited by jaked588
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by jaked588 jaked588 wrote:

1. velocity (the higher the fps the more it hurts. i think in tournies its like 300 fps which is pretty high)

The max is 300fps but most fields make you set it to about 280fps. 280fps gives you some room just incase you have a velocity spike.

jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by ImpyKing2 ImpyKing2 wrote:

The max is 300fps but most fields make you set it to about 280fps. 280fps gives you some room just incase you have a velocity spike.

ive never played a tourny but soon i will. i asked the owner of my local feild what the average fps is in tournies and he said "300fps" and i said "but the feilds a bigger" he said "much bigger... but u'll get shot from the same distance"

ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:19pm

edit: in response to impyking- i got a pball gun before i ever played and the first day i played i loved it.

Yea I did too but it might not have been a smart idea. What if I went there and hated it. I wasted $225 on something that I'll never end up using again. If he's so unsure whether or not he'll like paintball I think he should rent a gun first. He might end up wasting his money.

ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:21pm

ive never played a tourny but soon i will. i asked the owner of my local feild what the average fps is in tournies and he said "300fps" and i said "but the feilds a bigger" he said "much bigger... but u'll get shot from the same distance"

Well I guess your field is different. In the tourneys I've played in they made you use what ever speed you were shooting as long as it wasn't over 300fps. Most of use were shooting around 280 and 290fps.

scull20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scull20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:22pm
The pain is similar to getting hit with a rubber band (Close range). It stings for a second then goes away. Though there are many factors that determine the overall "Pain" level. Velocity (speed at which the paintball is traveling), Distance (How far you are from the person who is shooting you) and where you are hit. For example- getting hit on the hand it more painful then getting hit on the bottom of you leg. Don't dread it, though all of us did. You can be rest assured that you'll have a great time.

-scull
"Nyquil comes in two colors, red and green. It's the only thing on the planet that tastes like red and green."

- Lewis Black
benmorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benmorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:29pm
thx for teh help guys... ps. nice photoshopping Jaked, that looks REALLY awesome!
PaintbalSoldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintbalSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:48pm
the first time you get hit, it kinda startels you, and it does hurt. but over time, you having so much fun playing that it doesent matter. ive played for a while so im used to the sting. it feels like a cold bee sting, if you know what i mean.
benmorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benmorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:06pm
i cant say that i do know what u mean ...(cold bee sting) 
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:12pm
It's not that bad, the people that say they hurt bad are the same kids that tell you it hurts when you get braces on.  They just think it makes them sound cool cause they take alot of pain or sumthin. 

Getting bunkered is about as bad as it gets, and even thats nothin to cry about.

benmorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benmorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:51pm

lol... thx tippy_182, ill have to make fun of my friend then :P

the i think some other tijmes people say it hurts is just because they wanna make themselves feel tough that it doesnt hurt them... becuz they are so tough.

olderthandirt1s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olderthandirt1s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:49pm

just get your sibling to buy a new gun let them turn the velocity up when it was fine before and let them shoot you 20 feet away thats how i got into it. that hurt like crap but 300fps didnt hurt.

to me it feels like a rubber band snap and im 14 so that tells you something...

but thats me

Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:57pm
I kinda like getting shot..

Lol the first day I went out I was scared but I got shot a few times and realized it wasn't that bad, it does sting a bit at first (to me its just like getting snaped with a rubber band) and after that it stung less and less.

Now I just feel the paint touching me, no sting at all, sometimes I have trouble telling if I got shot or not which bugs me lol. This is probebly from playing 2 times a week for 2 months straight lol.
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 8:03pm
when I got shot the first time it hurt like a ...beep... some one turn up there velicty all the way up and stop me like an inch away.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 8:10pm

Yeah, its jus you! Not everyone is the same, some will say it really hurts (depending the other fool was shootin hot or was shootin point blank), some will say it wont hurt, cause theyre a sadists (a person who thrives on pain).

Now, if you wanna really avoid the pain, jus wear a long sleeve shirt, or jersey....the shirt/jersey will take most of the impact of the paintball and away from the skin, you might experience a bruise from this but, its no big deal, it will heal and go away after a few days.

On the side note: Remember to always "keep yer mask on at all times on the field", the last thing you dont want is to have yer eyes taken out cus you was feeling hot and sweatin and decided to take the mask off.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
bigmike102 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 8:25pm

the first time i ever got shot was last year

I was shot and i was like "Thats it?!?!?!?!?" it didnt hurt at all

untill i got bunkered...

whydoibother View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whydoibother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 9:26pm
neva hurt me (but i'm a lineman in fooooooootball so alot doesn't hurt not pointing fingers)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic