FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

very much crushed....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

Sandman should go on Loveline.

That's not funny.

Seriously, even though guys often gloss over some of this crap, the mind and emotions are fragile and intricate; Even in guys who act tough.
Real Men Love Cheeses
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:32pm

We are simple minded.

Coming in May 2005!
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

We are simple minded.

Hehe... You said it. I'm not arguing, but you said it.
Real Men Love Cheeses
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

Sandman should go on Loveline.

That's not funny.

Seriously, even though guys often gloss over some of this crap, the mind and emotions are fragile and intricate; Even in guys who act tough.
Exactly why going the "friends" route is a bad idea, at least right now. Being friends with guys is a bit easier. Sure, maybe they'll have a nagging shrew girlfriend, but if they do, chances are you won't be bothered by it too much, heck, it'll give you something to rib him a bit about. Now when your ex gf who's now a "friend" meets someone you absolutly despise, you get to think about what they've got that you didn't, and if you're really a friend, it'll bug the heck out of you to keep quiet if the guy's a jerk.If you're careful with guys, you can tell them their old lady is a royal pain. Tell a girl that their guy is a jerk and expect her bf to hear about it, and think you want to get back with her. Guy's she's with in the future, even ones you don't mind, may very well have a problem with you hanging around still. Just wait until this is far enough behind you if you want to be friends. Going from a 4 year relationship to friends wuill be weird, for both of you and anyone else you have a relationship with. Besides, if you stick around and she decides to use you as an emotional crutch, she'll be able to get that from you and be free for all the jerkwad guys,one-night stands and all that good stuff as long as she's got a guy to give her emotional backing. And if that would be tough on you, forget it. Get some space from her, NOW.
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

We are simple minded.

lol speak for yourself

I say just forget about her...go find someone else

MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 5:00pm

I am sure that most of us are shallow enough and prefer beuty over personality.

One case where being freinds work(not perfectly though)

You meet a pretty girl with a good personality, she's not shallow and is nice to be around with.

Most girls that are pretty have dumb points of views a selfish mind and can't stand being around you and your freinds, while your being yourselves.

Coming in May 2005!
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 5:03pm
Being attracted to good looking people is fine. Allowing it to consume and control your mind, while typically American, is mindless, pointless, and fruitless.

Now wipe that drool off your chin.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by reifidom reifidom wrote:

Let's just be friends = Please be there for my as a boyfriend in all but the physical affection aspects and remain my emotional sponge while leaving me free to date and complain to you about other people all while maintaining the illusion that things between us are just as great as they've ever been.

Pegged it. She's a psychic leach. Dump her ruthlessly in public.
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:15pm
screw that. 4 years, and shes doesnt know u anymore? why would u want to be her friend
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:16pm

Let's just be friends = Please be there for my as a boyfriend in all but the physical affection aspects and remain my emotional sponge while leaving me free to date and complain to you about other people all while maintaining the illusion that things between us are just as great as they've ever been.
so true.
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:25pm
i know how it feels. no worries
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:50pm
ehhh your best bet is to move on...yeah i know its hard but its the only way
[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:16pm

Alright, three things have helped me not really care:

1. Sub-standard intelligence...I'm not going to lie to you
  2. Very shallow personality; if you're hot, we can be friends
  3. Something else I had on my mind, can't think of it right now, I'll post later

That's about it.

I don't understand the shallow comment? At first it was funny because shallow is often associated with water, but if I were any more shallow...how would I drowned?

Anyway...friends, parties, dip, and beer can help (no joke, I'm not making light of it, it helps!)

This is why I want to dump the girl I'm with because at some point, it will happen (more than likely) and it will hurt less if I do the dumping and hurt both of us less if we aren't too close.

Don't believe everything you think

I can resist anything but temptation
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:21pm
I dont know what sort of junk everyone else said, as I skipped right to reply after reading your thread. I am really, really sorry to hear it. My gf of over a year did that to me too, and it sucked, a heck of alot, so I sort of know what you are going through. I hope everything turns out ok for you man. good luck.
thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 8:06pm

Let's just be friends = Please be there for
my as a boyfriend in all but the physical affection aspects and
remain my emotional sponge while leaving me free to date and
complain to you about other people all while maintaining the
illusion that things between us are just as great as they've ever
been.

hahahahahaha i like that.
FAPM- Forumers against PopeMobile.
Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 9:14pm
that sucks, now go to a strip club and get over it

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
KillerCanuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerCanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 9:44pm
Hey guys, thanks for the concern and sentement. Sandman, you're really cool about this.

Well, I've spent the last 5 hours or so with her, talking things over. Turns out she does still have alot of love for me, but it turned out that she thought she was focusing too much of her time around me. All the other stuff was more of a side note. We talked alot and worked things out more or less. She's going to spend less time with me, and more time with her friends and stuff. (which is fine, I never wanted her to focus entirely on me)

I donno though, I really want this to work out. Lets just hope she doesn't have another change of heart.

I'll go Home, I'll go Home,
Full of the devil and full of the rum.
I'll go home, oh I'll go home,
I'll go home in the morning.
Ajreaper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Paintballer and United States Marine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajreaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 10:39pm

My gawd that's about as close to a definition for that as I've ever heard - you are to be congratulated!!!

Edited by Ajreaper
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:47pm
one thing is fr sure, if you go back with her, and she has another change of heart, you need to drop her like a sack of wet dirt. Or mud. Whatever you prefer.

At least you had a girlfriend. Plenti isn't exactly popular with the ladies.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Fallout_soldier View Drop Down
A-5 Speed Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallout_soldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:48pm
ask for benefits

†††††† †† Canada
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=atomicbomb.wmv
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic