Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So, I got scammed...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
ThEeViLcHiCkEn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThEeViLcHiCkEn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 1:36pm
can i see the item #?
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 1:41pm
sue the bejesus otta him.
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 1:53pm
Who's to say the guy who claimed to be the seller was actually the seller? A lot of times, someone poses as the seller after the auction to scam you. I seriously doubt it was the same guy.

You can't go by EBay feedback when you buy outside of a protected EBay transaction. It doesn't mean anything.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Nrtheastah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nrtheastah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 2:33pm

Sandman is right, Ebay WILL NOT help out with this.  And as far as suing the seller, or whoever he is, that costs time and money to organize and follow through with. 

Local law enforcement is unlikely to do much besides file a report.  Believe me, there are not going to be detectives assigned to this, staking out his house.  Private investigators cost money. Lawyers cost money.  Even if you do get as far as identifying the individual and charging him with something, recouping any money will be a monumental task, even if you won any civil proceeding.  It will be years and many thousands of dollars later.  You could do it for the principle of the thing, but be prepared; doing it for that reason is great, but only if you have the funds and time to burn.   

Sorry to sound so negative, but this is the reality.  Chalk it up to experience and learn the lesson from it.  Hopefully, you will have helped to prevent it from happening to someone else, based on the information posted here.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM EBAY_USER, BOUGHT \

WHERE \

(A.FUNDS_SENT > {1} \

AND A.PACKAGE_RECEIVED = {1} \

RETURN ALL ROWS

[0 Rows Retuned]

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:28pm
Uhhh... If you're selecting COUNT(), wouldn't you get a return value of 0 instead of a '[0 Rows Returned]' message?

That syntax is a little different from the T-SQL I'm accustomed to (guessing it's Oracle), but I'm thinking COUNT() works basically the same.
Real Men Love Cheeses
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:46pm

Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Uhhh... If you're selecting COUNT(), wouldn't you get a return value of 0 instead of a '[0 Rows Returned]' message?

That syntax is a little different from the T-SQL I'm accustomed to (guessing it's Oracle), but I'm thinking COUNT() works basically the same.

Exactly....

Coming in May 2005!
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 5:51pm
this is why im not a fan of ebay
-The Unknown View Drop Down
Guested - Nudity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -The Unknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:13pm
P-A-Y-P-A-L
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 9:30pm
Cripes jeep. What were you thinking? If you were going to do a deal out side of ebay at least do escrow. They warn you about this stuff all the time. Western Union is not protected. Geez.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
rootsradicals View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootsradicals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 9:46pm
well, Jeep won another Shocker tonight, and he did go with PayPal (thats what I'm told)
WWBDD?

j2duhr View Drop Down

GUESTED FILTER DODGE & F-BOMB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j2duhr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by rootsradicals rootsradicals wrote:

well, Jeep won another Shocker tonight, and he did go with PayPal (thats what I'm told)

Hmm, if at first you don't succeed throw money away until you do.
yay do i win?
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by j2duhr j2duhr wrote:

Originally posted by rootsradicals rootsradicals wrote:

Hmm, if at first you don't succeed throw money away until you do.

Nope, didn't work out this time either. I was about to pay, when the seller emailed me saying he alreadu sold it. So I lose out again. I'm having crappy luck trying to get a hold of a Shocker....
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:32pm
How are you paying for a new shocker if u just lost
$724???????
FAPM- Forumers against PopeMobile.
j2duhr View Drop Down

GUESTED FILTER DODGE & F-BOMB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j2duhr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by thecorpseman thecorpseman wrote:

How are you paying for a new shocker if u just lost
$724???????
yay do i win?
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:43pm
^^^I've got money in my savings, that's where the first $700 came from, now I'll just have more to pay back than expected.

New news on the scam, I got an email from the seller today from a different email adress, he says he has no clue what I'm talking about. Either he's playing stupid, or more likely, it was someone different that scammed me.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:48am
Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

^^^I've got money in my savings, that's where the first $700 came from, now I'll just have more to pay back than expected.

New news on the scam, I got an email from the seller today from a different email adress, he says he has no clue what I'm talking about. Either he's playing stupid, or more likely, it was someone different that scammed me.

tippmann89c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann89c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:50am
WoW... that sucks really bad... sorry man.
paintballaluke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballaluke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:35pm
So any news jeep?
New Black Matrix.
Ilikepaintball1 View Drop Down

Guested - Spam, flaming, selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilikepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:55pm
Jeep we need updated news?!!!

Autococker Fund 100/500$$$$
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic