Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So, I got scammed...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 12:07am
o well the zip code the poway is 92064. I could get his adress and number but like i said up there..no dice.
thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 12:08am
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/
eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackFromBuyers&userid=rking666&
items=-1&item=-1&de=off

Get it in another window. There is a contact member button.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 12:34am
FYI: Dont delete any e-mail or messages relating to this incident. Print them out as soon as possible. They will be used as evidence in your civil suit and possibly a criminal suit. Good Luck.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 12:47am
Hahaha

Ka1istae?

For the prettiest one eh?
thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 12:59am
HUH???
FAPM- Forumers against PopeMobile.
PbSplintercell View Drop Down
Posting on borrowed time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PbSplintercell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 2:22am
Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

^^^I don't think it really is, he had me send him the money to a western union agent in Cambridge, MA. I already told rednekk98 to hunt him down for me.

i live near cambridge........so do u want a car bomb or house bomb?
<thanx enos

cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:01am
wow that sucks same thing happened to me with a bullet prof vest (level 2) i was out $589
Nrtheastah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nrtheastah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:52am

Good luck with your pursuit of this, but you will have to ask yourself; how far are you willing to go and how much are you willing to spend on lawyer fees and time invested to recoup any of your losses?

Ebay WILL NOT help you.  This transaction was done outside of their normal processes and they have made it clear that they absolutely discourage this kind of thing for this very reason.

Unfortunately, the reality is that Ebay will not assist you, they donít have to.  They wonít do it to be nice, they just wonít do it.  This scam happens countless times every day, too many to ever count or track, let alone try to resolve.

Another reality is that you will have to work with police and lawyers to effect any sort of resolution on this.  Again, this kind of thing goes on all the time and it is doubtful that the police will devote any significant amount of time or resources on this case.  Ask anyone who has been a victim of identity theft and youíll see what I mean.  The same goes for any lawyers you hire.  If you decide to sue this person or otherwise prosecute, you will have to pay lawyer fees.  You could also sue for legal costs but again, the chances of getting anything back out of this are extremely slim.

Good luck.

NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:58am
Originally posted by cadet_sergeant cadet_sergeant wrote:

wow that sucks same thing happened to me with a bullet prof vest (level 2) i was out $589

Why the hell were you buying a bullet proof vest anyways
bigmike102 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 8:42am

Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

uh oh....

[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 8:44am
It may just be a crap lesson to learn...
Don't believe everything you think

I can resist anything but temptation
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 9:01am
Originally posted by paintball5111 paintball5111 wrote:

you can not enform ebay because your biggest mistake was doing that you should of told him to re list it with a buy it now so it could be saw that you acually won it. but sence you did it out of ebay, ebay has nothing to do with it so sorry to break the news becuase ebay cant do nothing about.

†but trust me i believe you

This is exactly correct. EBay won't help you and will probably suspend your account in the process. Their usage agreement is explicit in this particular area since it's such a large problem.

Sorry, man, unless you want to hire a PI and all that jazz, you've pretty much just purchased an education. By all means, read through the EBay stuff on fraud and find the government link they provide for reporting stuff like this. It probably won't help you, but at least it'll be a heads up to the authorities.
Real Men Love Cheeses
pimptastik View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 9:43am

Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

i think he is a cop....or a psycho....hope u get your money back jeep. i would be freakin out. i would be hopping the next plane out there staying with hades...no wait not hades...i would be staying in a motel and then drive down to where ever he lives and tell him money back or we go to court.

Edited by pimptastik
<no ginormous sigs please>
JoeG254-PB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeG254-PB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 10:37am
Yeah Ithink if you do find this guy and decide to sue the lawyer fees would be more than what you paid for the gun 
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 10:42am
Originally posted by JoeG254-PB JoeG254-PB wrote:

Yeah Ithink if you do find this guy and decide to sue the lawyer fees would be more than what you paid for the gun†

Generally, lawyers are not allowed in Small Claims. But I'm sure there would be expenditures associated with tracking the guy down.

Definitely keep ALL communications and paperwork.
Real Men Love Cheeses
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:15am
that sucks majorly.
Big D844 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big D844 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:35am

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

I would never buy anything of Ebay... you almost begging to get your money stolen from them...

I agree.  I buy online occasionally, but only through a major website.  No online bidding.  I wouldn't bid at an auction, much less one that takes place online.  Granted ebay has been around a while, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:36am
ah man. that really does suck. i hope you get  your money back. good luck.

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:37am
If you actually use EBay correctly, it works very well and is quite safe. Perpetrating fraud through EBay is a seriously bad idea.

But there are ways around the security, ways EBay warns you about. Truly, the poster of this thread was scammed because he wasn't careful.
Real Men Love Cheeses
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:56am
i read the 5 or so feedback that the buyer had... one of the auctions he won was from a guy called 'mcpro'.... he has a paintball store on ebay, and is a trusted dealer ... that is where i got my gun from... im not sure, but i dont think the buyer was in on this, and i honestly dont thing he would have to be... the seller could have potentially scammed anyone who bid on the gun before the highest bid, saying that none of the higher bidders had their money or whatever.... i hope you can get this resolved as soon as possible
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic