FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So, I got scammed...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:24pm
Seller is rking666, buyer is ka1istae. If it comes down to it, I may have to win whatever the next thing he sells is, that way I can get his info...
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:26pm

Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

Seller is rking666, buyer is ka1istae. If it comes down to it, I may have to win whatever the next thing he sells is, that way I can get his info...

Ok, I'm revoking that other Super Special prize I gave out earlier....

Follow their sales, and wait until they sell something you want, or something cheap... (but be aware of the statute of limitations) Win it, and try to get their info...

You're brilliant...

Most importantly - People suck.
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Belt #2 Belt #2 wrote:

Ok, I'm revoking that other Super Special prize I gave out earlier....

Follow their sales, and wait until they sell something you want, or something cheap... (but be aware of the statute of limitations) Win it, and try to get their info...

You're brilliant...

But I won it first. MWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRGGGGGG

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
paintballaluke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballaluke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:31pm

Oh man that sucks jeep. Yeah make sure you serve him. Both the buyer and seller are in on this im guessing. Good luck.

Edited by paintballaluke
New Black Matrix.
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:36pm
Im no lawyer but I believe anything over $500 in stolen goods constitutes a felony. I would talk to your local police dept and see what they advise, I thinkthis is a god case of fraud. You do still have proof of payment(right?), and SAVE all of your e-mails!!!!   I think E-mailing e-bay wll be a long process, and probably useless.   Good luck and PLEASE keep us all informed
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:42pm

Originally posted by CarbineKid CarbineKid wrote:

Im no lawyer but I believe anything over $500 in stolen goods constitutes a felony. Depending on the county, city and state. Some cities, it's only $250...

I would talk to your local police dept and see what they advise, I thinkthis is a god case of fraud. Oh yeah... TWO felony charges... woot... go, Jeep!

You do still have proof of payment(right?), and SAVE all of your e-mails!!!!   Not only that, but save the emails to a floppy disk, also... and photo copy any documentation or proof of payment you may have... just incase...

I think E-mailing e-bay wll be a long process, and probably useless.   (I wouldn't be suprised) You win.

Good luck and PLEASE keep us all informed

thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:42pm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=
16048&item=3687264781

Look at the item location. He lives in poway, california.
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:45pm
Do I sense another P-p-p-powerbook type deal?

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:46pm
I'm going to inform the police, I have all the emails saved, and the receipt from Western Union.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

spydero99 View Drop Down
Guested: Spamming, immaturity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydero99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:46pm
Great seller, good communication, quick to ship. Buyer   ka1istae( 5 )  Jul-26-04 15:56 3687264781
erm, eh, well, ok, your right, i am sorry Enos, i dont know what i ever did, but you have jurasdiction over the forum, so, i am sorry for all i have done to offen you Enos

Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by thecorpseman thecorpseman wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=
16048&item=3687264781

Look at the item location. He lives in poway, california.

If thats really where the guy lives Hades could pay him a visit because thats about 20 miles from San Diego.

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but this is God's way of telling you that you don't need a stinking Smart Parts gun

On another note, I hope you get your money back, even though the situation doesn't look good because you essentially made the purchase outside of ebay.

Edited by Solipsism
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:49pm
Yikes! That's one of the risks of eBay, can't tell if the person is honest.

Ebay usually helps me out when I sell/buy stuff and hit snags, last time I did it I got a response in about an hour.

Good luck, and I'm betting you'll get the money back somehow.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:49pm

I'm going to inform the police, I have all the emails saved, and the receipt from Western Union.

If this is a felony, Ebay will be REQUIRED to give out either the IP address(es) of the people involved, or any other contact info they have (which is street address, city, state, zip, etc).

So yeah... this guy is screwed...

Do you live in the same state as this moron? Beacuse if you live in different states, isn't it out of the jurisdiction of one state or the other? Wouldn't that mean that the feds would have to get involved?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:50pm
^^^I don't think it really is, he had me send him the money to a western union agent in Cambridge, MA. I already told rednekk98 to hunt him down for me.

VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:54pm
Jeep can you get me the item number of the auction, i think i may be able to get his phone number and stuff for you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:55pm
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&
countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&
searchtype=address&address=&city=poway&state=ca&
zipcode=&search=++Search++
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 12:00am

I think that the buyer and seller are the same person. If you look under the buyers feedback he never got any from the seller but the buyer gave some the the seller. Another way of ripping people off.

It wont let me get his info either cuz he hasnt been involved in any recent transactions. I think it means recent recent. Like yesterday recent.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 12:02am
Jeep whats your ebay name?
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 12:04am
TheCorpseman give me the guys adress i have an idea. If you have it. You posted something with map quest up there, thought you might.

Edited by VisionIMP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 12:06am
No adress sorry just showing where poway,california is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic