FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So, I got scammed...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So, I got scammed...
    Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:33pm
Alright, I've been getting a bunch of PM's asking what happened with my Shocker, so I'm gonna tell all of you, weither you cared or not.

I was bidding on a Shocker on ebay, and lost. The next day the seller emailed me saying he'd sell it to me because the winning bidder didn't have the money to pay for it. So I emailed the winning bidder, he said he told the seller he didn't have enough for a few days, and hadn't heard from the seller since, and wasn't surprised he offered to sell it to me. So I went ahead and sent the guy $665 via Western Union like he wanted, and paid a $59 Western Union fee, putting my total up to $724. He picked up the money, emailed me saying he sent it and it'd be to me last tuesday, and I havn't heard from him since. Tuesday came and went, and I emailed him several times, getting no answer. Now I checked on ebay, and he got feedback from the high bidder saying he got the gun. I talked to the high bidder and sure enough, he has it. So I'm out $724. I'm trying to find a way to get his adress, that way I can take him to small claims court. But untill I can find that, I'm screwed. And I sold my A-5 to afford this gun, so now with the exception of my pump, I'm gunless. It really sucks....
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:34pm
Notify eBay immediately, they will help you out.
That really sucks :|
WANNA BE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WANNA BE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:36pm
i had something like that happen to me when i was buying a digital camera....it sucks
-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:36pm
Yeah, definately let ebay know what's up as soon as
humanely possible.

That really sucks, Jeep, hope you get everything sorted out.
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:44pm
Also, sounds like the winning bidder is in on it. Check to see if his feedback is low and its a fake account. Good luck getting your money back.
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:45pm
ALWAYS make sure you have pay pal so if you get ripped off you can get your money back.
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:46pm
dude seriously talk to ebay get his adress and get his username deleted. i feel real bad for you man. tats why i dont buy the product unless i see it or if its from a major company
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff ZíNuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:47pm
You can take him to court or put a brick through his window or something.
X
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:47pm

People suck.

Coming in May 2005!
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:47pm

i really hope you get your money back

Edited by boomstick
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Fallout_soldier View Drop Down
A-5 Speed Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallout_soldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:47pm

I here western union gets scamed a lot.

†††††† †† Canada
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=atomicbomb.wmv
laughingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laughingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:49pm
thats the reson im afraid to buy stuff online
laugh and grow fat
paintball5111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball5111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:51pm

you can not enform ebay because your biggest mistake was doing that you should of told him to re list it with a buy it now so it could be saw that you acually won it. but sence you did it out of ebay, ebay has nothing to do with it so sorry to break the news becuase ebay cant do nothing about.

but trust me i believe you

Edited by paintball5111
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:52pm
Yea, I wouldn't have done that.

Coming in May 2005!
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:02pm
you got served...
but seriously..talk to ebay..
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:04pm
if that was my money ide be 
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:19pm
I emailed ebay about it, hopefully they can help me, but they probably won't. I also emailed the guy that won it, asking him to send me the guys info. If I can get that, he's gonna find himself getting slapped with a lawsuit. I really hope the winner will cooperate.....
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:20pm
It seems you are up crap creek without a paddle. If you told ebay that he scammed you, they MIGHT contact the proper authorities and give you a break, but I doubt it. But this could be bad publicity for ebay. Oh, and what are the seller/buyer names.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:23pm

Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

It seems you are up crap creek without a paddle. If you told ebay that he scammed you, they MIGHT contact the proper authorities and give you a break, but I doubt it. But this could be bad publicity for ebay. Oh, and what are the seller/buyer names.

You win the super special prize.

If we can get the user names, we can find out who did business with them... Which means we can probibly get addresses...

Most importantly - People suck.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:24pm
I would never buy anything of Ebay... you almost begging to get your money stolen from them...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic