FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vans Warped Tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vans Warped Tour
    Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:14pm

Tommorow, the Vans Warped Tour is coming to Orlando, and I have a ticket.

Im excited about it because I have never done it before.

Looking at the bands list there are alot of bands I want to make sure and not see, mostly all the whiney emo cry-about-my-girlfriend bands and all the sellout bands. But there are some bands that I do want to see, mostly Flogging Molly, The Casualties, Left Alone, Under Oath, The Briggs, Bouncing Souls and ThrowRag.

Who has been to it in the past? Any last min things I should know?

I will have a write up review of it tommorow night.

Edited by Tae Kwon Do

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:16pm

was tonite here in atlanta. It sux this year. dont bother going. theres no afi, rancid, sum 41. But tiger army is there.

YONK~!~
Check This Out
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by boomstick boomstick wrote:

was tonite here in atlanta. It sux this year. dont bother going. theres no afi, rancid, sum 41. But tiger army is there.

Umm, figuring I already have a ticket, I am probobly not going to just "not bother going".

Not to mention I hate all thoes bands you just listed, Except some of Rancids early stuff.

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:20pm
well since u have a ticket. have fun. go see tiger army. they are really good. they have a new drummer tho. their old one was shot 4 times.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Tippmannshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmannshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:21pm
If Big D and the Kids Table is playing their a worthwhile ska band... I don't remember if they're on the tour this year, they were other years.
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:47pm

Usually big concerts like those are jammed packed with soo many people you cant move. I went to 104 fest in CT a few years back, it was hectic.

Watch what you say to people they will most likely be drunk, try to avoid bumping in to them on accident....bad experience in that...I didnt get in a fight or anything, but close.

Food lines will probably be long and expensive so try not to eat a lot. Bathrooms will usually involve you wandering halfway around the place and missing some of the concerts. You wont be able to bring anything in mostlikely, just another way to rip people off. Atleast here in CT its like that.

Moshing is fun!!! Except when your me and half the size of everyone else, NOT height wise...heh

Other than that its fun, just crowded, expensive and sometimes dangerous. There must have been 4 people or more leaving in an ambulance at 104 fest.

HAVE FUN!

matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:48pm
couple people I know went last week when it was in the area..
Bass654321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bass654321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:16pm
coming down to south florida on Saturday but i'm not going.
paintballu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Stars dont matter to me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:48pm
     I went today, i got alot of signed stuff and other free things. Bring a backpack, you get that much stuff. Just go threw the booths and bring alot of money. There is a good cd i picked up today called waking ashland- i am for you. its kinda emo soft core. If you see the free ring tone things that look like some kind of pass pick up a bunch of them. And if you buy a cd from one of the small bands you might as well ask them to sign it. Last thing, when someone asks you to listen to their cd, dont be an @#$ and say no. Emo people can have their feelings hurt easily.

my xchat died...... no more irc :(
Gold Member
Gold Member
Stars dont matter to me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by VisionIMP VisionIMP wrote:

Usually big concerts like those are jammed packed with soo many people you cant move. I went to 104 fest in CT a few years back, it was hectic.

Watch what you say to people they will most likely be drunk, try to avoid bumping in to them on accident....bad experience in that...I didnt get in a fight or anything, but close.I didnt see any drunks today at all, none

Food lines will probably be long and expensive so try not to eat a lot. Bathrooms will usually involve you wandering halfway around the place and missing some of the concerts. You wont be able to bring anything in mostlikely, just another way to rip people off. Atleast here in CT its like that. yep

Moshing is fun!!! Except when your me and half the size of everyone else, NOT height wise...hehi saw somone that was trampled being carried behid the fence by a security guard to the ambulance be carful not step on somone whale

Other than that its fun, just crowded, expensive and sometimes dangerous. There must have been 4 people or more leaving in an ambulance at 104 fest.

HAVE FUN!

Gold Member
Gold Member
Stars dont matter to me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:54pm
oh yea, if a parent is taking you and they are going to reverse daycare, they need to get there early to get a place to sit.BTW they get free water in there too.

laughingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laughingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:05pm
are all the bands punk rock? i realy cant stand punk music something about it makes me sick
laugh and grow fat
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:07pm
send us some pictures o.k.

Gold Member
Gold Member
Stars dont matter to me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:17pm
no photography allowed NML

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:35pm

Well, It was pretty damn fun.

The gates opened at 12pm, so we got there at about 11:15, and we didnt even get in untill about 1:30.

The first band I saw I actually missed most of, I just cought them on their last song, was The Casualties, and they were good. I saw Anti-Flag and they were OK, they most certianly had the crowd going. The next band I saw, I had never listened to before but they were pretty good, called The International Noise Conspiricy. After they got done playing they started talking about how we should "Get Bush out of office, then in four years get Kerry out of office, then vote in sombody worth a <bleep>".

By then I was hungry so I decided to go get some grub. Suprisingly enough food wasnt as expensive as I thought it would have been, nor were the lines as long. As a matter of fact there was practically no line for food when I went and got it. I got 2 slices of pizza and a large bottle of Powerade for roughly 9 bucks.

Then I went and sat and ate while Tiger Army played (I watched them just on your reccomendation Boomstick) and they were good, they didnt get THAT big of a crowd but they were good. Then I saw The Briggs, who are a not-so-known Oi! style band, I watched them for there set. Then I went and got in the crowd for Flogging Molly.

Ofcourse I got really close to the stage in the Flogging Molly crowd. Man, thats insane. By far the biggest, most rowdy, pit-filled crowd was Flogging Mollys. As soon as the first song started, everybody went insane. It was much much fun. Behind me, in the middle of the crowd was about a 15 foot wide pit, that I decided to stay out of. Anyway, they played Drunken Lullabys, Selfish Man (Dedicated to Pres. Bush and his brother Jeb Bush, the Gov. of Florida), Whats Left of the Flag, Devils Dance Floor (In which the mosh pits stopped and everybody in the crowd started step dancing and jigging), a new song called Drunk Pirate Jig (I think), Rebels of the Sacred Heart, and Salty Dog. The whole day was worth hearing them.

After that I saw Taking Back Sunday, who was the suprise band of the day to me. Im not the biggest fan of their recorded stuff, but they are pretty good live. After they finished, they announced they would be playing a short accustic set and signing autographs at the Virgin MegaStore in downtown Disney. So, being kinda tired, and having Disney on the way home, we decided to go. Needing somthing to get signed, we made sure no event staff was around, and snatched one of the big Warped Tour 2004 banners off of the outside fence and left. When we got them to sign it they looked at us and asked "Where did you get this?". So we told them, we ripped it off the fence. The said "Cool, hey, we got to sign this really big".

So overall it was a good day. Worth going to again? I dunno. Worth doing atleast once? Yes.

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:42pm
sweet
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Then I went and sat and ate while Tiger Army played (I watched them just on your reccomendation Boomstick) and they were good, they didnt get THAT big of a crowd but they were good. Then I saw The Briggs, who are a not-so-known Oi! style band, I watched them for there set. Then I went and got in the crowd for Flogging Molly.

Im glad you got to see tiger army play. Sounded like fun. Im thinking of going next year.

YONK~!~
Check This Out
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 12:36pm

Bump.

Anybody else been/going this year?

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 1:12pm

I went to the milwaukee show.  For me it was well worth it.  I saw 2 of my now favorite bands From Autumn to Ashes and Avenged sevenfold.  They are  hardcore bands.   We also caught Story of the Year, The Bouncing Souls, Coheed and Cambria, and a few other smaller bands that i forget the name of. 

I also picked up a ton of CDs.  If you go, don't pass up the chance to listen to a new bands CD or people that are selling their band's cds for a dollar.  I picked up some band's cd for one dollar and it is really good. 

98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 1:26pm
thats cool...wish i could go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic