Author
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Belt #2 Belt #2 wrote:

Originally posted by Blue Hopper Blue Hopper wrote:

Can't get a job. So when I need money just hope some old person needs their gutters clean or somethin

You win the super special prize for accidentally writing a condensed version of Belt's biography.

I think it's hallarious about how my dad (who is an electrical contractor) complains about how he needs more man power (he has up to 5 people working for him, plus himself, plus his nephew who can be contacted and hired temporarialy in emergencies, plus me on occasions) while I'm standing in the same room, jobless, drinking coffee (and coming ungodly close to a caffiene over-dose) and being bored, complaning about how I need money for paintball, and how I have no life, and nothing to do all day...

The best part is that dad has more or less been "traning" me since I was 4 or 5. When he does electrical stuff around the house, or over a relative's house or (VERY rarely) at a job site, he teaches me all kinds of awesome stuff. (Like how not to literally blow your heels across the room and kill yourself with 800 amps at 208 volts, 3 phase... God, those were good times...)

So why not just ask him?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
sort View Drop Down
I make no sense. Then I argue about it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 6:09pm

Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

The owner of the restaurant I work at is stupid. The managers are cool, but the owner sucks.

One time, I made a salad for the daily specials... You know, full presentation-quality stuff... Well, my job when making salad with chicken on it is to throw the chicken in the fryer for 10-15 seconds to heat it back up before it goes out front since it's supposed to be completely cooked beforehand.
I heated the almond chicken thing up, cut it, and put it on the salad. The problem is, when things come out of the fryer, they look cooked even if they aren't... So the chicken had an uncooked spot in the middle (not my fault since I'm not even supposed to cook the chicken)...
My boss picked it up and threw the burning hot piece of meat at my head from across the kitchen while I wasn't looking, then threatened to demote me if I served undercooked chicken again....
I was pissed, since that wasn't even my fault that it's not cooked, and you can't tell when it comes out of the fryer...

The guy is also one of the cheapest people on Earth. Our brooms are disgusting; covered in sticky stuff on the bristles as well as the handles. They hardly even sweep anymore, but he won't buy new ones.
The trash cans are covered in grime, and getting to where the bottoms are going to fall out. The only one he replaced is the one that broke open and spilled trash all over the floor.

Oh well... At least I got to shoot him playing paintball the other day.

Hmm...If my boss threw something like that at me, he'd be looking at the back of his eyelids cuz I'd knock him out. Throwing things is a punk move, and throwing HOT things is downright dangerous. I certainly wouldn't put up with that for a second.

Besides the fact that any respect I had for the guy would go right out the window.

Revelations 6:8--It's not revenge, it's Punishment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic