FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStupid Bosses anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stupid Bosses anyone?
    Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:37am

Does anyone else on this forum with a job have a stupid boss? If so, please share stories on what makes your boss so stupid.

On monday I turned in my two weeks notice for my job that I absolutely hate doing. On my work schedual it said I had to be at work from 9-1 and then again from 4:30-9. The 9-1 shift is a training shift, and what my boss was training us on was the EXACT SAME stuff we were trained on just a little bit ago. We were to watch the EXACT SAME videos that we saw and do the exact same 'tests'. She called me thismorning at 8:30 AM to tell me that she had just recieved my two weeks notice *bull, I handed it to her personally on monday* and that I didn't have to go to the training shift, all of this told to me RIGHT before I was about to pick up my car keys and go to work.

My brother is the manager of the store, but even he agrees that our boss is crazy. At the end of this summer, the store will be left with only 6-8 people to do the work of 20; most are leaving for college in the fall. She (my boss) talks down on all of her employee's like they are 4 years old. On more than one occasion, she has tried to do my brothers job and failed miserably, almost causing the store to go out of business. When my brother leaves, she is in so much trouble. He was basically what was keeping the store alive, and I can't say I will feel sorry for her after I leave. There is no modivation for any employee to stay and work for her. She is a terrible boss.

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:39am
I can't say the same, my boss is awesome.

But it sounds like you did the right thing.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:40am
Hmm.. My sister is my boss. I have only worked with her for a few days so we shall see how stupid of a boss she is.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:46am

No, Most of my managers are pretty cool.....Except one....

There is always one. She so super by the book its insane. And its always stupid little stuff but its enough to hate her. Like, Us employees are allowed to have free drinks while we work, but technically they are supposed to be in the 12oz. free water cups. But usually we grab a bigger cup anyway because we are either going to be busy and dont want to keep refilling it or just want more soda. But she will scream at you and make you pour it out and make you get the smaller cup. But its an OPEN FOUNTAIN. Its not like im not going to just refill the 12oz cup that many more times. She is the only manager that cares about that.

Other than her, all my managers are kind and fun to work with.

Oh BTW DaveEllis has an interesting story about "Mopping out the Freezer"....

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:50am
Sounds like you work at Dairy Queen.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:51am

Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Sounds like you work at Dairy Queen.

Close....

Da da da da da Im Lovin' It.

KillerCanuk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:54am
Nope, my boss is awesome. I love the office I work in. The people here are sooo nice. And they love good food. We always good out every couple of weeks for lunch. And my boss sometimes picks up the bill for everyone. I'm glad too, cause we've gone to some pretty ritzy places.

I'll go Home, I'll go Home,
Full of the devil and full of the rum.
I'll go home, oh I'll go home,
I'll go home in the morning.
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:58am
im not lucky enough to have a job.

i need money
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:40am
The owner of the restaurant I work at is stupid. The managers are cool, but the owner sucks.

One time, I made a salad for the daily specials... You know, full presentation-quality stuff... Well, my job when making salad with chicken on it is to throw the chicken in the fryer for 10-15 seconds to heat it back up before it goes out front since it's supposed to be completely cooked beforehand.
I heated the almond chicken thing up, cut it, and put it on the salad. The problem is, when things come out of the fryer, they look cooked even if they aren't... So the chicken had an uncooked spot in the middle (not my fault since I'm not even supposed to cook the chicken)...
My boss picked it up and threw the burning hot piece of meat at my head from across the kitchen while I wasn't looking, then threatened to demote me if I served undercooked chicken again....
I was pissed, since that wasn't even my fault that it's not cooked, and you can't tell when it comes out of the fryer...

The guy is also one of the cheapest people on Earth. Our brooms are disgusting; covered in sticky stuff on the bristles as well as the handles. They hardly even sweep anymore, but he won't buy new ones.
The trash cans are covered in grime, and getting to where the bottoms are going to fall out. The only one he replaced is the one that broke open and spilled trash all over the floor.

Oh well... At least I got to shoot him playing paintball the other day.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:44am

The Owner/Boss Is an Awsome Guy, I went hunting with him last winter.  His wife is a Big ! though.

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:45am

i applied for a job at this place called save-rite.(its a cheap grocery store). I didn't get the job because the boss said he didn't like me. I don't really understand how that can happen from getting asked a couple questions.

YONK~!~
Check This Out
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 1:31pm

Well, if you answered any of the questions with "Kerry is like Hitler," that makes perfect sense.

I actually AM a stupid boss.  It's the best way to be a boss.

:)

ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 1:39pm
Ah..sometimes. She can get a little nosy and get into other peoples busniess and say stuff that makes me kind of mad. But shes not that bad.
(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
[FI] View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 1:45pm

Both of my managers are great, the three supervisors are cool, and the major boss is da man.

Don't believe everything you think

I can resist anything but temptation
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by boomstick boomstick wrote:

i applied for a job at this place called save-rite.(its a cheap grocery store). I didn't get the job because the boss said he didn't like me. I don't really understand how that can happen from getting asked a couple questions.

I can tell by looking at someone whether to take them seriously as a candidate for a job. I can narrow it down another 75% just by talking to them for a few minutes.

It's easy if you know what you're doing.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 3:06pm
Unionize. Makes bosses much easier to live with.
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 3:13pm
dont havea  job im only 14
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 3:20pm

Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

Unionize. Makes bosses much easier to live with.

All you do is trade your bosses for union officials...   Not sure that is any better.

:)

Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 4:25pm
Can't get a job. So when I need money just hope some old person needs their gutters clean or somethin
Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by Blue Hopper Blue Hopper wrote:

Can't get a job. So when I need money just hope some old person needs their gutters clean or somethin

You win the super special prize for accidentally writing a condensed version of Belt's biography.

I think it's hallarious about how my dad (who is an electrical contractor) complains about how he needs more man power (he has up to 5 people working for him, plus himself, plus his nephew who can be contacted and hired temporarialy in emergencies, plus me on occasions) while I'm standing in the same room, jobless, drinking coffee (and coming ungodly close to a caffiene over-dose) and being bored, complaning about how I need money for paintball, and how I have no life, and nothing to do all day...

The best part is that dad has more or less been "traning" me since I was 4 or 5. When he does electrical stuff around the house, or over a relative's house or (VERY rarely) at a job site, he teaches me all kinds of awesome stuff. (Like how not to literally blow your heels across the room and kill yourself with 800 amps at 208 volts, 3 phase... God, those were good times...)

Most importantly - People suck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic