Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTough guys donít use weapons.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Belt, I have studied many martial arts, and many that deal mostly with self defence such as Hopkido, Akido, and Krav Maga. Bah... All I've done is studying Chinese Kenpo (I've only been in since... mid may). Sadly, I'm still a white belt, but I am deathly close to orange. All I need is a set of block to learn, 4 or 5 combinations (easy, beacuse all I'm doing is combining moves I already know), I know my two Katas (long 1 and short one) and I have 4 or 5 more self defence moves to learn. But still, I know almost 20 selfdefence moves, plus another 20 strikes, and their variations. But I know the most important thing... DISTANCE... I have knowledge and control of distance. That is more important than life itself in a fight (well... distance IS life in a fight... if he cant hit you, you cant get hurt). <insert more long winded boring crap here>

As a matter of fact I was at a 2 hour class on the Human Phylosiphy of Self Defence at my martial arts school the other day. I find myself a good mind on this subject. I wouldn't be suprised..

Basicly it comes down to this. The BEST fight ever is the one that never happens. Try the best you can to not fight. I know, I know. I have been told this by my private instructor, all of the other instructors, and the head-master instructor (a 9th degree black belt, in chinese kenpo, over 30 years teaching experiance)

In your situation, I dont know, but could you have walked away? I could have, but this kid was asking for it (I know, thats a bad excuse, but still). To tell you the truth, it was all a reaction... He cocked his fist back, so I took a half step back with my left foot, then he sort of jumped at me (to intimidate, and get a reaction out of me), so I sort of did a modified block. I kind of made it up as I went. It was sort of a combination of an outward block, a downward block, and a shoulder grab. It's aim was to get him far off my left side, and to get my arm between him and I. (then he cant hit, even if he did swing, I could block or reverse it) It was all a pure reaction, and it happened in about 1 second. You know when you hit someone, and the shock affect kicks in for a brief second? where their eyes get huge, and their mouth makes a uge circle, sometimes their face turns slightly red or white? Well, this happened. I could see the pain in his face as he stoood up and stepped back. At this point I basically did a cross over, and a side step, sort of, to get behind him, then to his side. etc, etfc, etc.

Trust me, You can call me a wussy or a girl, but I dont have an ego, I will walk/run away from a fight if it comes to it. I can understand that. I never ment to hit the guy, but it was reaction. I didn't have time to think. Basically all that went through my head was "<pooey> cocked fist, flexed muscles, now he's jumping at me..." WHAM. I strike. It all went through my mind in what seemed like a half a second... then I hit him. I was actually aiming for his Occipital lobe, to knock him out cold, but I missed. I ended up hitting him in the rear-left corner of his skull. You know how when you hit a concrete well, how it makes a crack/a pop sound? When I hit his skull it made that hollow sound. Not hard enough to actually injure him (he may have a bumb on his head, or a bruise, but that will be gone in a few days)... but he definatly felt it...

There is a definate line between when the situation has gone from the point where you can resolve it by leaving or talking. I realise this. This is important. Talk and timing is important in a bad situation. Talk your way out, try to reason with them, try to run, what ever... but worst comes to worst, you have to hit him... but you do it in a way as not to endanger your life or the life of innocent bystanders.

To me, cheak slaps and shoves are warnings that escalate into a fight. You will know when you have crossed the line from warning into "Ok I need to do somthing now". I've seen it happen, man... I've seen quite a few fights at school. But what I notice is they always start out the same way. The cause is always a huge ego. Every one has an ego, but people who are desirable to be around either dont have a big ego, or they are good at hideing it... Almost all fights start out as some stupid little thing... smacks, <pooey> talk, etc...

In my opinion, there are certian levels of power to use in a fight. Dirt basics are if you dont feal really that threatned and know that the person dosnet have the ability to really do THAT MUCH harm. In thoes situations I think that moves such as Forearm/Elbow, Palmheel to the nose, and basic Hopkido and Akido take downs will work. I think the next step up is punches. Once again, it was all reactionary (I made up a new word...). What ever... I'll leave the wording to you... but my point is, I didn't have time to think "oo, I should palm this dood in the nose..." it was basically: "oh <pooey" he's attacking me" block, WHAM... 

Enough said. Kicks can be used and can be very very dangerous. I dont take kicks lightly in self defence. A strong Mui Thai kick to the groind or knees will work. But it will also rupture his testicles, or blow out his knees... 

Then comes the more nastyer of moves that I really dont want to use unless I feel that I am in alot of trouble and somthing has to be done. This is stuff like Throat strikes, Throat gouges, Eye gouges, Punches to the spine/back of the head, and kicks to the floating ribs (Has the potential to crack the ribs and send them into the lungs/kidneys/liver). This is a life and death/life and limb sitaution. I'd only strike like this if the guy serioulsy injuried me (like broke my rib, or something) or if weapons were involved.

I think that one of the best things to do is know basic phylosaphies of self defence. Keep humble. If -Like in your situation- somebody is coming twords you, put your hand up, palms exposed, like a 'surrender' pose, with your eyes downward. Nine out of ten times the person coming at you will take you lightly, let his ego get the best of him and drop his hands. He gets squashed like grape. I never knew this tactic existed... you learn something every day... But basically, I kept back up in this situation, keeping my mouth shut, eye contact with him (now I realise that was a misteak, eye contact is a sign of agression), backing up, etc... I was at the very edge of the basketball court pavement... I was ready to back into the field, and down this small hill that was there, but at this point he basicaslly jumped at me... that was a misteak on his part...

Basicly what it comes down to is knowing what the situation calls for. Know that you have to be willing, if it is called for, to take a fight to death. A punch to the back of the neck/head or a strong kick to the head WILL snap sombodys neck. A kick to the floating rib CAN cause them to peirce an organ and bleed to death. A throat gouge CAN collapse there airway. You have to know when that is nessisary and when that is not.  I'll admit I should have used a different strike. In my opinion, a back fist then a reverse punch (reverse punch to solar plexus, back fist to the nose) was PERFECTLY suited to this situation... but my reaction... get him the hell away from me (far off to my left side) then strike, then when he gets pissed (natural reaction) get the hell out of dodge and get to a safer position (fighting horse stance)

Moral of that - Best fight is on that never happens. You win.

Go in peace, Grasshopper.

Most importantly - People suck.
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by TippmannA5User TippmannA5User wrote:

I read the whole thing, good work ,but make sure to stare him down, then hit.  They never see it coming.

PS, I don't smoke too, and I also have a nice Top Thrill Dragster (at Cedar Point) Zippo

Ill get some pics of my zippos ;ater tonight or tomorrow.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:56pm

Originally posted by NMLvaio NMLvaio wrote:

using guns make you a little girl I think.

EXACTIALLY.

But in this situation, the "Weapon" was more of a huge ego, death threats (this guy literally said "I'll kill you <female dog>), and a kicked soccer ball which was aimed at my face. I noticed he was also calling a jock friend (I over heard a name of a jock at our school... and some other crap) so I high tailed it out of there.

I like the 60s and 70s attitude of using weapons (other than life or death, or home defence, or if your are female (I'm not being sexist, it's just that, quite frankly, your average girl won't fare well in a bar room or street fight)) is girly, and sissy-like. It's a sort of "put that gun down, you sissy" or a "Live to fight another day" attitude...

I like that...

See, my dad was an blue belt in chinese kenpo back in the late 70s and early 80s... which was good for that time period. That was right in the reign of the mighty Sid Gee, when he was at his prime... Believe it or not, my dad's instructor was Sid... This studio I am studying at is known for producing top fighters, who are basically unrivaled by other competitors.

The only time I'd ever use a gun is if I'm fighting multiple attackers (I'm talking 5 or more... when the <poop> REALLY hit the fan!) or if it were life and death...

MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:04pm

That is wise. I don't mind reading, we all have been in that situation. I don't like getting into fights, it's not the fight it's self it's that unbased hatred that follows after.

I actually ran away from a fight, literally I said "But can you keep up, he said yea and I left him in the dust"

After this High School Exeptence test me and my freinds decided to go to the park, 4 of us, just throwing the ball around, 3 other guys came to the park and asked for a 3 on 3, we said we were just throwing around the ball and talking, but they took away and we were forced to play.

We were winning by like 3 TD's and we wanted to go home, one of those guys is like 4 feet ball, crooked teeth, rat face and older than me, he was hitting me and my freinds with the ball and stuff cause he sucks at everything.

We said we want the ball so we can go, they said next score wins, so ok we get away from this. I gave it in and I didn't rush but he scrambled and they got a TD, they cheated and though they won. By this time on of my freinds just went away to the basketball court. They wouldn't get the ball back and one kid started intimitading my freind.

He got his ball back and the kid started walking back to his other freinds. Which were following me home and one was calling me **edited**, and kiding around, his retard freinds saw it as a chance to mess with me.

They left my freind out of this because he's nerdy, chinese and quiet. So their following me down this big avenue and one threw a stick at me and their asking me what I would do if I punched them. I couldnt asnwer they were like slapping me around and stuff. I thought than one of them is a big talker, other is lighter than my foot, and the "Main" kid is not strong. But one of them will bother me with his freinds at school for months to come, other has high school freinds that will feel sorry that I picked on a small kid and kick my arse. And the other is Mexican or Puerto Rican and has "tough" freinds that do drugs and are crazy.

So I just ran away. Not just because 3 on 1 is unfair but because I had 3 years of avoding getting jumped and fighting kids and I was sick of it.

Those kids are cool with me now, the skinny kid is afraid to talk to me when I am with my football buddies, the "talk" kid is one of those football buddies that can't play but talks alot and is impressed by me. And the Latino kid just plain respects me, but we don't talk, I hit him in the crotch with a Basketball, not hard but enough to start poop, he didn't he laughed.

So it's cool now, exept now and then nerds that I pick on and outnerd(although I am not nerdy, I am smart) will have tough brother with drugged up gangstas.

So my point is don't be afraid to run, the way I truned out, and I ran away from a fight. And be good at a sport and join a team.

EDIT: Sorry for the long post and spelling, I just had this memory come back to me.

Edited by MSG.Mobius

Coming in May 2005!
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:18pm

Alright, I don't want to sound like a racist or anything... but I basically have to outright say it... (Hoping the mods won't get too mad...) I can't come up with any more clever euphamisms anymore... so yeah...

But these racially confused kids gang up. At my school it's the bosnian kids that are the worst (along with blacks)...

They gang up on you, in fights it like 5 on 2, or some other outrageously unfair thing... sometimes weapons are involved... etc...

But I love how they try to push me around... Last year it was this kid named "almin" (sort of like "almonds" ... yeah...)... He is about 5'0" 95 lbs... but yet he thinks he can beat me up... I'm serious, the gym teacher that year broke up about 10 fights that were just starting beacuse of that arrogant <illigetimate child>

But I love how when a fight starts how the yell out "NOW IT'S PERSONAL, YO" but yet they have multiple guys on their side... When they say "personal" don't they mean just you and them?

Nope, they mean that their rgos are over inflated, so big they are about to burst, and if you hit one guy in self defence, you'll quite literally have death threats, and you'll have literally at least 20 guys jumping and attacking you forever... until you snap and kill someone... then you go to jail... (ignore that last part)

Not all bosnians, or blacks are bad... it's just those that follow the stereotypes... as in, shorts hanging down to their shoes (if they want their shorts that low, they should just get pants... har har har), white shoes... you know... they dont want their shoes getting dirty... but yet they failed to notice that their shoes touch the ground... which is dirty, huge amounts of cheap calogne (which is so smelly and thick you can hear your brain cells die off and your brain cell count dropping as you try to struggle for precious oxygen as you are choking to death.....)

You get the idea... It isn't a certain race, ethniticity (wow... just... wow.... I failed miserably at spelling that), or national origion that pisses me off... it's those individuals (nah, not even that, dont even give them that much credit) I mean... those puppets of pop culture that start crap with me... then when I get tired of it, and snap and hit one, I have the whole lot coming after me (St. louis metropolition area is aproaching 30 % bosnian/croation/that european area people (mind you, the St. Louis metropolitan area is about 3 million people...))

Blah blah blah

bottom line:

If you start crap with me, and then get hit, then send your whole possey against me to kill me and gut me, expect me to really mess you up next time I see you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic