Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTough guys donít use weapons.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tough guys donít use weapons.
    Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:41pm

So you're a big, tough, mean dude who can kick major butt, right? Not even Bruce Lee can touch you, you'd kill that whimp.

Then why do you use weapons?

This thread does not have a purpose, correct?

Wrong. If you disagree, you suck, stop reading my posts and get a life, you newb flaming arm chair snipers.

If you don't quite get what's going on, then you wern't there. I congradulate you, you don't hang out with me. (This is the point where you scream "YAY, I have real friends!")

Ok, so earlier today (5:30 PM) I go to karate. 30 minute private lesson and a 1 hour group lesson (work out).

It took 30 minutes for my instructor to teach me this new move (he is the top fighter in the country, only one or two guys can fight him and give him a good challenge). What was the move? Why, it was "Attacking Circle", silly. What's the purpose of this self-defence move?

Well, the purpose is simple. The purpose is just that, simplicity. It really isn't a move, or a strike, or block... It's is nothing more than an idea: End the fight as quick as possible with one or two well placed strikes, while presenting the smallest target (yourself) for your opponent to hit. It's also about ignoring intimidation and trash talk. Not being scared rattled, or jarred in a fight is good. If you do not get too excited and aproach the situation as calmly and as cooly as possible, you will be victorious and live to fight another day.

Now, what does this have to do with this post? A lot, that's what.

You know what makes me laugh? Caucasions who are "Racially confused". Now, I don't want to break a rule, get myself banned, or sound like a racist... but what I'm trying to say is these white guys aren't sure of their race. They have white skin, but yet they think they are black or "Gangstas" or rappers, or what ever. Stupid, if you ask me.

Now, do you know what the bully's best weapon is? FEAR, Intimidation, etc. They want you to be so scared of them, you soil your brand new spiderman underware, and run home screaming to mommy. (ha... spiderman...)

What happens when you take this intimidation? They have no weapon, and you hjave a huge advantage.

Ever witness a fight in a public school in america with in the past 2 or 3 years? The ones whom are fighting aren't really fighting. They are trying to scare eachother and scre brownie points with the slutty girls standing over to the side of the fight, waiting to shower the "winner" in... uhhh... well... never mind... moving on...

But fights these days, at least on the street, are not really fights, they are insult throwing poo slinging contests who's main purpose is looking tough and cool.

With martial arts, this situation turns into nothing at all. It is nothing more than an annoiance. You take away the attackers biggest weapon, intimidation. Then you can use a swift strike to take the attacker out, quickly, with out hurting yourself, or innocent bystanders. (My instructor told me a story of one time he got in a fight in the parking lot... of somewhere, probibly a bar, or something. He was more annoied by the attacker beacuse it was 2 am and he was tired and wanted to go home and sleep)

Now, does this have a purpose? Yes, beacuse this exact situation happened to me about an hour ago.

Now, I got back from karate, and was locking the expedition as my friend and his cousin walk up the street, they are going over to the school's soccer field to kick a soccer ball around and just plain waste time. I changed out of my Gi (karate uniform) put on a pair of shorts and went up there.

Un-eventful crap goes here (mostly wasting time).

Eventually, we all go up to the basketball court and they play basketball, and some skater doodz come buy and do suicidal things like jump over a set of 7 steps. Two of the hootest girls in the school come to the court and stuff. (I was too busy staring to notice what was going on at this time) Some other bosnian dood comes down (a "Racially confused" lad that I was talking about earlier).

Now, I've known these two girls for a while. One of them (who I will not name) I've known since second grade. The other I've known since 4th grade. They joke around quite a bit (pretending to flirt, play fighting, etc). Now, this racially confused lad cannot detect sarcasm, nor can he see that me and two guys who were there were kidding around.

He gets more and more mad. I'll shoot a basketball once in a while and miss the rim by an un-godly far distance (2 or 3 feet). Then I mumble "This is why I play paintball". This racially confused lad uses this as an attempt to mess with me. BIG misteak.

"Dood, u play paintball?" "Yeah" "Ill whoap u" "No, you wont" "y not?" "You'd get lit up like a christmas tree" (he takes this as a threat) "no, id whoap ur <butt> u <vulgar term for a female reporductive organ located below the waist line>" "You can keep talking that <poop>, dude."

Blah blah blah... girls go sit down on a concrete ledge (too bad they wern't wearing mini skirts) Bosnian racially confused lad takes this as somewhat of an insult (probibly beacuse the girls wern't standing next to him, and how they were talking about how much skinner I've gotten (went from 180s to 150s, 3 lbs))

Ok, racially confused guy comes back over, starts more crap. I basically brush him off, by noding and keeping my mouth shut. If he said anything too vulgar, or insuleted my family, I'd step in and let a few bad words fly, but I never directly did anything to him (I.E. engage him in a fight, or provoke him).

This is a pretty bad thread, beacuse he is getting more and more angry (and his two cousins were there, plus a few skater doodz (although I'm on good terms with the skater doodz, and I'm respectful, its never bad to be cautious)).

Aparently this 5'4" 130 pund dude thinks he can push me around (6'0" and about 160 (I've been slowly gaining weight, 10 lbs in 2 months)). Now, I'm trying to defuse this crap before it blows up (full blown fight, police, possible arrests for assualt). Man, I kid you not, I could snap kick at about this guy's head height. I could snap kick him in the chin, in optimal conditions (I.E. I'm warmed up and streched).

He decides to engage me. Big misteak.

You know how tough guys get in REAL close? Like almost close enough to kiss you? Then they cock their fist back and sort of jump at you, to scare you?

Well, he did this. Misteak (on his part) #12435273725328483.

What did I do? I blocked, only instead of going after his hand, I went for his face and neck. I basically hit him with my forearm right in the side of his neck, then pushed downwards (sort of on his shoulder) the shock affect on his part kicked in. He didn't resist (he wasn't expecitng me to fight back). He was bent over, neck at about wasit height on me (about 3 feet). I let up on pressure, he starts to stand up. WHAM. One quick hard punch to the back of his head.

The shock affect kick in on him... his mouth basically made a huge circle, his eyes got wide, he kept his left hand on the back of his head, and he backs up. He started to come in closer, so I basically spun around (i was at his side at this time) then I took a few steps back, then 5 or 6 side steps to my right. He freaks out a little (not expecting this kind of foot work), and turns and faces me, and he starts to walk forward.  I'm facing him head on 6 feet away. So I basically jump to a fighting horse stance. (side ways, left side forward, left fist up along my side, right fist cocked at waist height, legs spread out 3 feet, knees bent, hopping on the balls of my feet (like a pro boxer), etc.)

He laughed. Another misteak. He used my wierd looking stance to back off. I kid you not, he basically said (edited for the fourm) "HA! u <female reporductive organ>" walked off... sat down...

Left me alone for a half hour (me looking out of the corner of my eye, he really was ready to strike me... I could see his muscles tense up when I got close...)

Then he makes another misteak, he decides to kick a soccer ball at my face, when I'm bent over stretching.

What do I do? Well, I spin over to my right side, right side facing him, (still bent over) snapped my left hand and my right hand up to my face (to avoid missing teeth (beacuse I seriously would have killed him, I'm not kidding, I would have killed and gutted him if he knocked any of my teeth out, or drew blood on me). Well, I block it with my left hand, and it bounces off... etc...

He decides to talk more <pooey> and try to intimidate me. I seriously felt like laughing. Someone a full head shoter, 20 lbs lighter, less muscle, and a not too good fighter wants a piece of me (I'm not claiming to be tough <poo>, but at least I'm not op[enly cocky...). He gets close in, I side step and avoid him... this goes on for 5 minutes until his friend yells (if this moron got any closer than arms reach, I serioulsy would have ruptured his tiny testicles with a mui thai kick... moron...

blah blah blah...

Ha, I have tricked you into reading all of that gibberish, when my point could have been summed up into one sentance....

You thought that was a typical Belt post?

You were wrong.

I actually tought you something, this post had a point...

Do not fear your attacker. (all you really needed is this one sentance)

Edited by Belt #2
Most importantly - People suck.
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:43pm
that was a lot
Super NEWB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:45pm
um long winded

Angel guys get all the girls
Steve Zissou: I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. Possibly with dynamite.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Belt #2 Belt #2 wrote:

This thread does not have a purpose, correct?

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

My god, this is the best post by belt ever

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by 98God 98God wrote:

that was a lot
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:52pm
longest belt post, ever.
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:55pm

Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

longest belt post, ever.

Sadly.

Read the last few lines. Probibly the last 6 or so.

Then you'll realise that you're a sucker for reading it all, and I tricked you into 30 minutes or more of reading...

Muhahaha.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

30 minutes?

Good god.

JoeG254-PB View Drop Down

good story I applaud you
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:00pm
I read a little less then the first half then got bored and stopped

PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:01pm
That was a great story.

Something like that happened to me, but not as exciting. Me and some of my friends were at the local playground playing basketball at around 8:00, and it's kind of dark, I think this may have been to Fall's ago. It's dark out, we're shooting hoops, and  alot of the moron drinkers are sitting on the swings, drinking beers, etc.  hat really has nothing to do with it, but anyway....

This racially confused kid comes up, he was shorter than me,  and skinnier. I'm about 5'5" 180. My one friend that was there was a little taller than me, but he is ripped, like crazily ripped.  2 other of my friends were there too. This kid comes up and asks us if we have a lighter. I say no, even though I had my zippo on me (I dont smoke, I like zippos....and fire. :D). And a little earlier I laid down on the court lit my lighter for some warmth, it was chilly. Next this hardcore G asks us for a dollar, screw that, it's our money. We say, sorry, we dont have anything on us, just to be polite. Then, he starts acting tough and tells us to line up in order of height, from tallest to shortest. I look at him and chuckle, and my ripped friend says to me, pass me the ball. We continued our game. Gangsta boy walks away with his tail between his legs with his friends laughing at him. Good times.

Great post belt.

*Edit* By the way, why don't you come in the chat anymore?

Edited by PlentifulBalls

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
paintballaluke View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

longest belt post, ever.
New Black Matrix.
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:16pm

Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

That was a great story. Long and boring. But the important part is I dropped the guy in two strikes, one of which was a block. (He was actually on his cell phone later that night (right as I left when it was getting dark) talking to his jock friends (who could quite possibly fight too much) My guess was that he was planning to get me very messed up by bringing sheer numbers of his co0cky, racially confused friends. So yeah, I pretty much high-tailed it out of there...

Something like that happened to me, but not as exciting. To tell you the truth, this wasn't exciting, it was annoying. Basically I did the same thing my karate instructor does. Get my point across, and make it stick. Examples helpquite a bit, so does hitting things. But basically, instead of saying "dont fear your opponent" (which most people don't believe when they are fighing a 6'4" 250 pure muscle, ripped bad guy...)... but it's simple. Don't fear him, or anything else. All that exists at that very moment is your foot and his groin. Nothing else matters, get your mind set, and he cant do ANYTHING, EVER. All he can do is stay out of range of your legs and arms, and run off with his tail between his legs, and his tiny genetalia sagging (his ego just took a major hit also). 

I had my zippo on me (I dont smoke, I like zippos....and fire. :D). Aparently, I'm not the only one who thinks this. You're teh awesomes.

<Long> post belt.  Let me edit that for you.....

*Edit* By the way, why don't you come in the chat anymore? Paintball chat. net, or what ever? I think I'll come in there later tonight if I'm not doing anything else <insert sexual euphamism here>

TippmannA5User View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spam is t3h sux

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:17pm

I read the whole thing, good work ,but make sure to stare him down, then hit.  They never see it coming.

PS, I don't smoke too, and I also have a nice Top Thrill Dragster (at Cedar Point) Zippo

Edited by TippmannA5User
Just shoot yourself and save me the trouble.
click the pic!
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:17pm

Belt, I have studied many martial arts, and many that deal mostly with self defence such as Hopkido, Akido, and Krav Maga. As a matter of fact I was at a 2 hour class on the Human Phylosiphy of Self Defence at my martial arts school the other day. I find myself a good mind on this subject.

Basicly it comes down to this. The BEST fight ever is the one that never happens. Try the best you can to not fight.

In your situation, I dont know, but could you have walked away? Trust me, You can call me a wussy or a girl, but I dont have an ego, I will walk/run away from a fight if it comes to it. There is a definate line between when the situation has gone from the point where you can resolve it by leaving or talking. To me, cheak slaps and shoves are warnings that escalate into a fight. You will know when you have crossed the line from warning into "Ok I need to do somthing now".

In my opinion, there are certian levels of power to use in a fight. Dirt basics are if you dont feal really that threatned and know that the person dosnet have the ability to really do THAT MUCH harm. In thoes situations I think that moves such as Forearm/Elbow, Palmheel to the nose, and basic Hopkido and Akido take downs will work. I think the next step up is punches. Enough said. Kicks can be used and can be very very dangerous. I dont take kicks lightly in self defence. A strong Mui Thai kick to the groind or knees will work. Then comes the more nastyer of moves that I really dont want to use unless I feel that I am in alot of trouble and somthing has to be done. This is stuff like Throat strikes, Throat gouges, Eye gouges, Punches to the spine/back of the head, and kicks to the floating ribs (Has the potential to crack the ribs and send them into the lungs/kidneys/liver).

I think that one of the best things to do is know basic phylosaphies of self defence. Keep humble. If -Like in your situation- somebody is coming twords you, put your hand up, palms exposed, like a 'surrender' pose, with your eyes downward. Nine out of ten times the person coming at you will take you lightly, let his ego get the best of him and drop his hands. He gets squashed like grape.

Basicly what it comes down to is knowing what the situation calls for. Know that you have to be willing, if it is called for, to take a fight to death. A punch to the back of the neck/head or a strong kick to the head WILL snap sombodys neck. A kick to the floating rib CAN cause them to peirce an organ and bleed to death. A throat gouge CAN collapse there airway. You have to know when that is nessisary and when that is not.

Moral of that - Best fight is on that never happens.

Go in peace, Grasshopper.

Edited by Tae Kwon Do

XenoSabre View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
o@_ _ _ <-- Snail with diarrhea

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:19pm
hmm, cool.
I've never been in a fight, I've come close but the guys always backed off when they realized I was more than willing to fight them. Which is a good thing because I'd probally wind up seriously hurting someone if I did fight (I'm a 3rd degree Black Belt in tae kwon do... yay me!).
[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/Xeno-Sabre/kutaragi.png">
http://xeno-sabre.deviantart.com/
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:26pm
yeah good one belt
[FI] View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Belt, I have studied many martial arts, and many that deal mostly with self defence such as Hopkido, Akido, and Krav Maga. As a matter of fact I was at a 2 hour class on the Human Phylosiphy of Self Defence at my martial arts school the other day. I find myself a good mind on this subject. When I first read this, I was winding up for a long speech about what the MacDojo teaches and real-life self-defense.

Basicly it comes down to this. The BEST fight ever is the one that never happens. Try the best you can to not fight. Ten I read this and realized that you may know what you are talking about.

In your situation, I dont know, but could you have walked away? Trust me, You can call me a wussy or a girl, but I dont have an ego, I will walk/run away from a fight if it comes to it. There is a definate line between when the situation has gone from the point where you can resolve it by leaving or talking. To me, cheak slaps and shoves are warnings that escalate into a fight. You will know when you have crossed the line from warning into "Ok I need to do somthing now". Now I realized you know what you're talking about.

In my opinion, there are certian levels of power to use in a fight. Dirt basics are if you dont feal really that threatned and know that the person dosnet have the ability to really do THAT MUCH harm. In thoes situations I think that moves such as Forearm/Elbow, Palmheel to the nose, and basic Hopkido and Akido take downs will work. I think the next step up is punches. Enough said. Kicks can be used and can be very very dangerous. I dont take kicks lightly in self defence. A strong Mui Thai kick to the groind or knees will work. Then comes the more nastyer of moves that I really dont want to use unless I feel that I am in alot of trouble and somthing has to be done. This is stuff like Throat strikes, Throat gouges, Eye gouges, Punches to the spine/back of the head, and kicks to the floating ribs (Has the potential to crack the ribs and send them into the lungs/kidneys/liver). I agree...the difference is a school-yard throwdown vs. combat, fight or fly. You have to be careful, throw in an eye gouge in a bash and it may escalate into combat.

I think that one of the best things to do is know basic phylosaphies of self defence. Keep humble. If -Like in your situation- somebody is coming twords you, put your hand up, palms exposed, like a 'surrender' pose, with your eyes downward. Nine out of ten times the person coming at you will take you lightly, let his ego get the best of him and drop his hands. He gets squashed like grape. Possibly, this can happen. But the other side of that is he thinks he so much better that you get used as tread or it turns into a fight. I'm not saying you are wrong, rather, just another side of the story, as I'm sure you know, there is not set, piece answer for all situations. What I'm saying is, you can make him back down! You can stare right at him and go berserk, contort your face, and he may think, "Oh dip, I just messed up!"

Basicly what it comes down to is knowing what the situation calls for. Know that you have to be willing, if it is called for, to take a fight to death. A punch to the back of the neck/head or a strong kick to the head WILL snap sombodys neck. A kick to the floating rib CAN cause them to peirce an organ and bleed to death. A throat gouge CAN collapse there airway. You have to know when that is nessisary and when that is not. Yep...and it may not work. Think about this: what about someone who is deranged? How about someone that don't feel pain. Sure, you can bust his face open, but if he keeps coming...you need to know how to SNAP joints so they do not work and he literally cannot fight. OR choke him out, etc. Or, and I don't mean to be an E-thug dramatizer...kill him.

Moral of that - Best fight is on that never happens.

Go in peace, Grasshopper.

Good advice, listen to the man!

Don't believe everything you think

I can resist anything but temptation
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:47pm
using guns make you a little girl I think.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic