FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStarting a field

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BeBalu View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Play Nice (C30)

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting a field
    Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:40pm

me and a bud of mine are thinking of starting a field.  he has some land that would work great.  it will be a speed ball.  I know that we need insurance netting all sorts of stuff to make it legal to be somthing we charge people for.  Where I live there isn't a field within fiftly miles and there are quite a few players that just play around in the woods. 

Talk to me about things that need doing.  I know it will cost both my arms most of my legs and possibly my future children being sold into slavery.

what makes a good field in your opinion?     hot chick at the cash register?  friendly dog that licks the paint off your face?  nice owner who gives you free co2/nitro fills?  great bunkers, cheap/free drinks, clean toilet. 

help me out.  I have been reading about starting this thing up and I am feeling over whelmed

Edited by BeBalu
naked people are gross
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:41pm
build some forts...and just use old junk and stuff...and you should have a pretty nice field...
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:46pm

Don't forget rentals, fill tanks, fill tank certifications, fill tanks are expensive, fill tanks are very expensive, I'll list the expense of a fill tank again: a lot especially for nitro or HPA, insurance, the actual cost of the field, land, taxes, state taxes, insurance goes here beacuse it is expensive, paint costs (you'll need to buy several cases to start off with), fill tanks and insurance costs go here again, advertisement (how else will you get business), taxes and insurance (I'm not kidding, it will get very expensive), mask rental, CO2 tank rental, hopper rental, and more costs here.

Most importantly - People suck.
BeBalu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:46pm

what makes a good field in your opinion?     hot chick at the cash register?  friendly dog that licks the paint off your face?  nice owner who gives you free co2/nitro fills?  great bunkers, cheap/free drinks, clean toilet. 

WHAT!       netting is very expensive

naked people are gross
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:47pm
when youn buy cases...find a site that does deals...or buy from www.pbfanatics.com and get the diablo blitx (rec-sport) 33 dollars for a case
Ilikepaintball1 View Drop Down

Guested - Spam, flaming, selling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:48pm
hay bals is a really cheap way to build a field... and a word of advice.. make more than one field
BeBalu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:49pm

yeah we already have the co2 fill station and everything renting it for 20 bucks a year not bad.   my friends dad already has access to all sorts of wholesale stuff.  

we have a lot of work to do and alot of money to find and spend. 

naked people are gross
BeBalu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:52pm

Originally posted by Ilikepaintball1 Ilikepaintball1 wrote:

hay bals is a really cheap way to build a field... and a word of advice.. make more than one field

maybe at some point but right now that would be impossible.  we will just have to make the bunkers sorta portable so we could change the place around every once in awhile.

naked people are gross
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:53pm

You just may be able to do it.

But to tell you the truth, all you need netting for is to sort of... "Seperate" the barrel plug/safe area to the "live fire" "get your eye shot out by a hot shooting autococker at 15 bps" area...

Just warp the target range, the pro shop, and any other areas that intrude on the safe area with live fire, and flying paintballs.

If one of the fields borders someone elses property netting there won't hurt.

Most importantly - People suck.
BeBalu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 9:56pm

we are going to have to check with the insurance guys to see what the requirment's are.    we will probably have it bordering some woods to we can just not net that area.  use the least amount as possible.

if any of you guys see a site that sells net send me the link,  the best I have been able to find is about twenty cents a square foot.

naked people are gross
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic