Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Moore on O’reilly Factor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
JoeG254-PB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeG254-PB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 7:19pm
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:38pm
Moore is an idiot. I missed the show but read the transcript. He avoid all the questions, and would nbot give a straight answer. I love the line when O'reilly said to Moore "You’re his biggest defender in the media." refering to sadam. Classic, and sadly true.

Edited by CarbineKid
JoeG254-PB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeG254-PB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:40pm
they also have the video on the top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 9:17pm

Originally posted by CarbineKid CarbineKid wrote:

Moore is an idiot. I missed the show but read the transcript. He avoid all the questions, and would nbot give a straight answer. I love the line when O'reilly said to Moore "You’re his biggest defender in the media." refering to sadam. Classic, and sadly true.

You say Moore dodged questions, but I think O'reilly dodged Moore just the same. Claiming that Moore is a defender of Saddam is ignorant. Just because you're against the war doesn't mean you defend the guy.

NotreDamePaintB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotreDamePaintB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 9:55pm
Indeed, moore is a idiot
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by CarbineKid CarbineKid wrote:

You really had to see it before any claims of who dodged what can be made. Moore shut O'Reilly up when he asked O'Reilly if the liberation of Fallujah was worth his own child's life. He also made it very difficult for O'Reilly when he asked him what he would tell the parents of KIA's about why they went. A "mistake" is what they agreed upon. FOX News spent a lot of time this morning on damage control after last night's interview.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:36pm
Like I said I read the interview transcript.   I think Moores question was off base. Its like asking anyone would you want your son to get killed in action. How or why doesn't really matter. Seriously would you rather your son die storming the beaches of normandy, fighting the Japs in Iwo Jima, the commies in Korea, Nam etc. Dead is dead. Now throw in the why part. Did you want your son to die defending a beach in some place called Guam, or because he crossed some imaginary line at the 38th parrel, or how about getting killed by friendly fire. Moore tried to make a point but his logic was clouded.   Noone wants to see their son die.    When my son is old enough I will respect his decision. If/when he chose to join the service he could be in combat, and everyone knows getting killed is a possibility. SO I say again Moore is a moron.

Edited by CarbineKid
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:14pm
Getting killed fighting the Japanese or Nazi's is a lot different than getting killed for an intelligence "mistake." Also, O'Reilly's answer was way off base when he stated that he would sacrifice himself. His educational deferrment from Viet Nam speaks to that. Moore had him pegged for what he is, happy to tout a war that he is safe from.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:18pm
During any major conflict scores of Americans have died from bad intel. I would die for this country, but I would not make that decision for my son, thats his choice. I have to side with Oreilly on this. As far as Oreilly being safe from this war...the first shots hit New york...no ones safe.    

Edited by CarbineKid
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:42pm
That's O.K. we can disagree.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:24am
From what I heard, O'Reilly was really not on the ball, and missed some questions that if they didn't shut that fat pig up, would at least generate some interesting responses. I didn't actually see it though, so don't ask me anything more.
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

From what I heard, O'Reilly was really not on the ball, and missed some questions that if they didn't shut that fat pig up, would at least generate some interesting responses. I didn't actually see it though, so don't ask me anything more.

I think one of the biggest problems for O'Reilly was the rules of engagement. He agreed that each would get to ask a question and get it answered. No fillibustering, no editing, etc. O'Reilly was out of his element of control that he usually enjoys. FOX spent the next morning trying to control the damage. I'll be willing to bet that O'Reilly never makes an agreement like that again.
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:12pm
I read the transcripts and seeing how I think O'Reilly generally does a good job of "handing people their cannisters", neither one of them or the interview for that matter impressed me. All hype...BTW
O'Reilly would never volunteer for the military...

Edited by WUNgUN
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:28pm

It's fully obvious that Moore sets up questions that hold a double standard; no matter what your response is there is a flame waiting to happen. If he were to say that his sons life was worth it then he has no family values and if he said it wasnt worth it then it means he is a hypocrite. If somone were to ask my father that question I'd hope to god he'd say something along the lines of 'If my country deemed my son worthy enoug to go and fight, and it just so happens he is KIA, then your darn right my sons life was worth atleast something near the liberation.'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic