Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

on/off type co2 bottle valve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
svrider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: on/off type co2 bottle valve
    Posted: 26 July 2004 at 2:34pm

does anyone out there in tippmann world know how hard it is or isnt to take off the old valve off the co2 tank and put on a new valve with a on/off knob? by the sounds of it you just have to use alot of loctite (red) so it stays put. anyone else know about this? cause i'm going to buy some on/off valves for my tanks and want to put them on myself....

svrider 

A-5kid View Drop Down

GUESTED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 2:40pm

DONT put it on yorself,read the co2 warning post(it is a sticky), just take it to a licenced dude btw, if you dont have one already get a smartparts one they work good. the firts one i got was a DYE it didnt work to well look V

Guy at paintball plus: Your on/off is ready

Me: cool

Guy: let me test it

Me: ok

tssss

Guy: this dosent really have an on

Me: WHAT?

guy: wait, it dosent really have an off either...

it turned out that the co2 kept leaking out of the tank, not to fast but you could hear it so he took that one off, put the normal one one, i chose a new one, and all they had was smartparts stuff so thats what i had to get and it workes YAY (thates the only time you should go with smartparts instead of DYE)

Edited by A-5kid
A-5
Flatline
phyco B drop
32* Expansion chamber
JCS duel trigger
homemade sling
Trigger mod
E-grip

violence is not the answer, its a hobby
svrider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 2:44pm

OK,OK i wont put them on myself!!!! like i said i was just wondering what everyone else thought. i guess i got to find an airsmith in my neck of the woods to do it for me. (still dont sound that hard...)

svrider

Ruff Neck View Drop Down
Guested: Stupid spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruff Neck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 11:47am
yeah just get someone to do it is ur best bet..
Tippmann 98c

-Flatline
-2xTrigger
-12v Revvy
-RVA + RCS
-Steel Bolts
-Trigger Stop
scull20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scull20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 1:13pm
You could get a new valve or get a drop or ASA with a On/Off on it, thats what i did

-scull
"Nyquil comes in two colors, red and green. It's the only thing on the planet that tastes like red and green."

- Lewis Black
Bass654321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bass654321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 1:36pm
like the others have said, you really don't want to put it on yourself.
"You have to be trusted, by the people that you lied to. So that when they turn their backs on you, you'll get the chance to put the knife in."

Pink Floyd- Dogs
davey_crokkett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey_crokkett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 10:45am
i agree with all of the posts.
Paintball...    just do it!!

Woodsball all the way!
pballraper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballraper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 10:52am
i wouldn't put it on myself either.  but in case that you do it any way don't use locktite or any sealant for that matter because the co2 valve has an o ring on the bottom part so it wont leak.  I wouldn't use locktite for anything.  it is too messy and you need a lighter to remove it just use teflon tape for stuff like that.
98c - baller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c - baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 11:09am
ya dont install it ur self, one worng move and the next time ur playing ur tank fires back at ur face, and the smart parts on/off works very well my friend has one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic