Topic ClosedGot A Question "?"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jackal14 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - F-Bomb 10/25

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got A Question "?"
    Posted: 25 July 2004 at 11:10pm
Hey,

Just warning this is ANOTHER Low Pressure and HPA question so blast me for it later. Got to go to work, and then running out for something paintball so have no time for a good search....

I Have A5, and im looking to get a HPA tank, and i also want best performance with it. Now in a previous post i read this person said that "HPA + Reg + LP Kit" was best set up....but if you have a Tank with High output (800psi) and have a low pressure reg. Could it be just as effective as a the same setup With an LP kit ?

So my main question is ^, my second is Could you use a high output tank with low pressure reg W/OUT a LP Kit and still get lots of shots and good preformance or would i have to use a High Pressure Reg...(couldi run the low reg with high ouput tank adn run my gun good or do i need a LP Kit) ?

Thanks
Jackal
-Tippmann 98 Custom
   14" J&J Ceramic
   Palmer Stab (Female-ASA)
-Tippmann 98 Custom
   12" Teardrop
Bugsy View Drop Down

Strike 2 - More flaming

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 12:38am

Well, I used a CIP Powerstation "Low Pressure" and it did NOT work for my A-5 with HPA. So basically, HPA + Palmer Stabilizer + LPK is the best setup.

!   !
!   !
!   !
Mike Barch View Drop Down
Guested

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 12:43am
If not the Palmer Stabilizer then a bob long torpedo reg that way u can ise c02 with any of those 2 regs.
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Walking Dead

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 1:49am
you really don't need a reg, or the LP kit to effectively use high pressure air on an a5. low pressure is a crock, and is mainly used to sell useless upgrades. all you really need is a screw in tank. you'll see better consistency immediately.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 2:18am
Any high pressure tank?
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
SEALLogan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 7:10am
This is what the LP Kit does.

The LP kit does not reduce the velocity or the range of a paintball. The purpose of the LP kit is to reduce the pressure necessary to work the action of the paintball gun. The great thing about this kit is it reveals the full advantages of the Nitrogen system. The pros: more shots per tank, less wear on your gun, and some even say less recoil. The cons: The only con is the price.

If you have the money for the LP kit, buy it. It will expose the full advantages of nitrogen.

To run your gun Low Pressure, you need the LP Kit. It is that simple. There is no way to operate your tippmann at 300-400 PSI without the LP Kit, or some very serious moding which you personally cannot do.

Yes, you can get a low pressure reg, but it will do nothing for you but make your gun not cycle.

If it did work by just getting an HPA tank and LP reg, what would be the purpose of the LP Kit? Even if you buy the kit you still need to buy the reg.

To run your gun low pressure you need both a reg and the kit. Just like to use your electronic hopper, you need the hopper and batteries. Without the batteries, the hopper will be pretty much useless. With the batteries, but no hopper, there is not an advantage.

And yes evil, any HPA tank with a fixed high pressure output will work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic