Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rumors OF A High End Marker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
TiPP*MaNN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiPP*MaNN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 1:58pm

ive been tryin to say the same things about speedball for along time, thanks you guys for gettin it out there, i hate how all the kids just starting paintball are goin strit for speed ball,wuts the fun in spray and pray? i hear ppl talk about all the big pros and teams but i hate hearin about that, id like to see team dynasty playin with all stock guns, that would be a real match, i realy respect those stock guys, there awesome and have excellent aim, playin stock is kinda like airsoft,(i dont play it much though) u have one or two shots at a time, you have to make those few shots count so in lamest terms...

Go WooDS BaLL!!

Boo SPeeD BaLL!!!

PRo/CaRBiNe
12 in. J&J ceramic barrel
2in. shocktech stubby drop
adco hotshot electronic sight
dye econo sticky grips
lightened trigger pull

tipp-ed off View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp-ed off Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Making a high end gun is the worst possible thing tippmann could doi think.

Theyre sitting on a niche market selling good guns to new players and rec players. Arrogant tourney players would never touch anything with the tippmann name, so they wont buy it.

Maybe im just mad because i hate almost all "high end" guns, and if tippmann made something like that it would just convince more newbies that spraying paint and having no skill is what its all about.

I totally disagree. Just because its a high-end gun doesn't mean it wouldn't be good for the average rec-baller. Because it's a high-end doesn't mean its just designed to sling paint. It could have the durability and dependibility of a Tippmann while being ultra compact and 1/4 of the weight. It could be accurate right out of the box while being twice as efficient. If Tippmann never improved on their designs we would all still be using a Pro-lite. And it doesn't have to be a "speedball" gun just because its a high-end marker. What about the Tac-one or Carters. 

But what I do I do because I like to do.
www.chaospaintball.us

Bauerp0weR 18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bauerp0weR 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 2:26pm

Ok first off, I'm gonna defend the game of speedball.  Speedball is a completely different gameplay than woodsball.  They are setup to be a very fastpace game.  It's on a small course and it makes you feel almost trapped and pinned down 24/7.  It's not about stealth at all, it takes agility, strategy, and, most of the time, a fast gun.

Stating this as much opinionated as possible, yes, I myself play both woodsball and speedball, but I think speedball gets your adrenaline pumping at a level that woodsball could never do.  Woodsball tactics are about opposite from speedball.  In woodsball you try to be as covert as possible and steathy, trying not to be spotted.  In speedball, your in a small course and you know where everyone is.

You guys are saying that woodsball is for men, let's see you hide behind those "bubble bunkers" getting shot at by guns shooting 25bps, you'd soil yourselves.  Hidding in some brush with a ghuille suit and a camo'd 98c, waiting for someone to walk by so you could "snipe" them out doesn't take all that much skill.  Stop saying that woodsball is for men, because just because you don't get all that dirty playing speedball, that doesn't mean they aren't afraid do get covered in mud.

I'm not saying that woodsball doesn't take any skill, it's just that the skill needed for woods/speedball are way different.  This is for you guys that say there's no need for guns that shoot 20+bps.  Most of you guys that play woodsball and occasionally play on speedball fields notice that if you try to shoot only when you have a clear shot, you usually get pwned out by the speedball players by their ropes of paint flying at you.  Guess why?  Because it works to shoot faster when your in a tight spot with people all around you.

As I have pointed out, speedball and woodsball are two completely different types of gameplay for the sport of paintball.  It takes different skills for the game you play.  All I ask is that you discontinue the stereotype that woodsball players are "more manly" than speedball players because you get dirtier.

Now for the topic of a new Tippmann "highend marker."  I hope that eventually they do sink their teeth into the game of speedball.  Also opinionated, I believe speedball is for the more serious paintball players, and Tippmann knows that's where the money's at.

Yes, Tippmann makes undisputedly the best woodsball markers on the market, but you can't just stay with the 98c or A5 forever.  The future means change, and change is what is needed in order to keep up with today's society.

Tippmann, I think most everyone would agree, is mostly a "beginner's gun", not trying to knock it's reputation but it is true.  Very good quality beginner's guns none the less, but if they make a new gun for speedball, and it's a success, which most likely it will be, considering Tippmann makes some of the most innovative products on the market (cyclone, r/t, etc.), The community of paintball will look at Tippmann in a whole new perspective.

Overall, I think the idea for a high end gun in the future will only aid Tippmann in the conquest to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!  Haha, just kidding, but it looks like a bright future for Tippmann, but of course, only time will tell.

Good luck to Tippmann if this rumor is in progress, and keep up the good work.

As for you that actually took the time to read this post, I hope I didn't waste your time or seem to bash woodsball, by no means do I try to, but anyway, thanks for reading! 

Black Smart Parts Ion
Halo B
Check-It Unimount
macroline
68/45 Pure Energy tank
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 4:00pm
i dont like fast guns for these simple reasons... 1.they use alot of paint and i just dont have the money to keep up with that kind of paint usage 2. it only takes one hit to get someone out .... soo what about the other 30 balls already in the air after someone has called themselves out i know i appreciate it when someone only pulls the trigger once or twice and i try to do the same

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2004 at 10:42am
I bet if they release a new marker in the next year, it'll be around the holidays.
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2004 at 11:39am
enos is exactly right. they dont need a high end marker. tippmann is a woodsball gun brand.
I LIKE BIKES!
TippmannEffect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2004 at 9:28pm
1. Official info released August of 2005
2. Up for sale January of 2006 (shouldn’t be pushed back)
3. Will be able to buy it with different threads
4. Feeds 90, yes 90 BPS.
5. With paint, 68BPS before it turned into spray paint
6. Has an Eye
7. Release price of 800-1200 dollars.
8. Hybrid (electric and air powered) feeding system
9. 6 inch long body, looks like a BKO
10. 2 piece grip, 1 piece holds the trigger mechanism, other works as a reg/exp. Chamber
11. Open-bolt design
12. 150 PSI Operation
13. No quick strip like the A-5 “Doesn’t need to be”
14. Unknown body material, not going to be two shells.
15. Built in trigger so no upgrade
16. Weight is lighter than a shocker
17. Color is black
18. Improved stock barrel “the stock barrel will blow ur mind, similar to boomy”

Extremely Fast $800-$1200

Rumers may be true
www.tippmannowners.com
check me out there
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2004 at 10:05pm

how did you know that? that is way to much money. it should be like 300 bucks, that way i could buy one and sell it on ebay to some retarded little speedball kid that has no real skills and is going to go broke on paint trying to be like the "pros" that shoot 1000 balls per game. god i hate speedballers.

WOODSBALL!

I LIKE BIKES!
maroon out View Drop Down
Not "moron" - Geez!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maroon out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2004 at 10:29pm
Heard it was supposedly a Timmy with a Tippmann body or some crap like that.

If the paintball world were in fact an actual planet, I would drop an EMP on it, destroying once and for all, all electronics on Planet Paintball.

*Sigh* R.I.P. Tippmann. Once you go down the road of building crappy electronics, there's no turning back.
Watch your thoughts they become words
Watch your words they become actions
Watch your actions they become habits
Watch your habits they become character
Watch your character it becomes your destin
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2004 at 11:01pm

AMEN TO THAT MAROON OUT!!

I LIKE BIKES!
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 12:21am
Originally posted by The Ho The Ho wrote:

how did you know that? that is way to much money. it should be like 300 bucks, that way i could buy one and sell it on ebay to some retarded little speedball kid that has no real skills and is going to go broke on paint trying to be like the "pros" that shoot 1000 balls per game. god i hate speedballers.

And I hate ingorant, opiniated, closed minded newbs.

It angers me that you breathe my air.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 12:54am
Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

And I hate ingorant, opiniated, closed minded newbs.

It angers me that you breathe my air.

I have been paintballin for 8 years so shutup.I am not breathing your air, we all are breathing eachothers air.

I LIKE BIKES!
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 1:36am
Great comeback. 
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

WebHalex View Drop Down
Guested - Spam trash

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebHalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 2:42am
Originally posted by grafxguy1 grafxguy1 wrote:

tippmann is making enough money off of every speedball player buying a a5 then tricking the crap out of it with upgrades and then selling it because it still isnt good enough for speedball. tippmanns are woodsball guns. they might go with a high end gun but i hope they dont because speedball = dump $100+ each day on paint and hide behind a giant balloon. woodsball is how real men play, out in the trees and mud running, diving, jumpind and 1 shot kills. if you want a gun to play hide behind a giant bubble then buy a autococker or something.

I'm going to agree with that. To me I am not impressed by a $1400 marker. It irks me when I see these young kids at the field who are playing with them and they think they are untouchable. To me the marker does not make you a better player. It is the player. My paint will break on you the same way whether it gets there by a Cocker or a C98.
I would hate to see a high end Tippmann. It would ruin the franchise. Why change something that is not broken?

eric

first thing why would it ruin the franchise if tippmann made a electro marker, seeing that theer name pretty much stands for quality and durable I dont think that there gonna make a brake able speedball gun, and maybe some people play speedball that like fast guns and some people like woodsball your talking like "ooh i dont like tippmann because of one product they make" and you have to admit there are advatages over a tippmann from a cocker, cockers are the most accurate gun on the planet. alot of stock tippy 98's are very unacurate and I want to make it clear that i have NOTHING against tippmann, (why would i be on the forums if i did) but why are you getting mad over this ?

The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 12:23pm

Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

Great comeback. 

what you said wasnt the best either.

I LIKE BIKES!
Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by tipp-ed off tipp-ed off wrote:

^^^Not electronic huh. Thats an excelent Idea! Maybe Tippmann and AGD will colaborate on a high-end mech with a hAir trigger. Tippmann+AGD=TAGD HTmech marker
That would be crazy sweet.
Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 1:21pm

WOODSBALL!

I disagree with that I play speedball and I don't spray and pray I use my double trigger as a single man.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 2:34pm

Uh let's see.

Have some multi-million dollar company buy your company out to help you figure out a way to make more money.

"Ok Tippmann company we've done some massive number crunching over a period of months and spent millions on research. Just keep building 98's and give us half the profit. Thank you and please come again"

Edited by Lightningbolt
benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 2:34pm
doubt it..
Sig is WAY too big.
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by WebHalex WebHalex wrote:

Originally posted by grafxguy1 grafxguy1 wrote:

tippmann is making enough money off of every speedball player buying a a5 then tricking the crap out of it with upgrades and then selling it because it still isnt good enough for speedball. tippmanns are woodsball guns. they might go with a high end gun but i hope they dont because speedball = dump $100+ each day on paint and hide behind a giant balloon. woodsball is how real men play, out in the trees and mud running, diving, jumpind and 1 shot kills. if you want a gun to play hide behind a giant bubble then buy a autococker or something.

I'm going to agree with that. To me I am not impressed by a $1400 marker. It irks me when I see these young kids at the field who are playing with them and they think they are untouchable. To me the marker does not make you a better player. It is the player. My paint will break on you the same way whether it gets there by a Cocker or a C98. I would hate to see a high end Tippmann. It would ruin the franchise. Why change something that is not broken? eric

first thing why would it ruin the franchise if tippmann made a electro marker, seeing that theer name pretty much stands for quality and durable I dont think that there gonna make a brake able speedball gun, and maybe some people play speedball that like fast guns and some people like woodsball your talking like "ooh i dont like tippmann because of one product they make" and you have to admit there are advatages over a tippmann from a cocker, cockers are the most accurate gun on the planet. alot of stock tippy 98's are very unacurate and I want to make it clear that i have NOTHING against tippmann, (why would i be on the forums if i did) but why are you getting mad over this ?

actually accuracy has to do with the quality of the barrel and apaint to barrel amtch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic