Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rumors OF A High End Marker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 7:40pm
Its prolly on the bases on the 98 but with new milling and most of the upgrades installed. Thats what most Companies do, they include popular upgrades with a pretty cover. But Tippmann did come up with an A-5 which is the most popular unique gun out there. So come on Tippmann impress me.

Coming in May 2005!
paintball5111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball5111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 8:08pm

her it is

An investment firm has recently purchased the majority of Tippmann, but there’s little info on the details. Got any inside info or rumors to add to the fray?

All I can say is that only good things will come from the investment. Summit (the investment company) is putting a lot of money into Tippmann to make it an even bigger company. Expect big things in the next year, including the development of a new, high-end marker.....but you didn’t hear that from me

if u want the whole interview pm me

-=Headwound=- View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Watch the language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Headwound=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 8:51pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Tippmann did come out with a new marker. I mean come on, how many more years are they going to milk the 98 Custom & A-5. They've done extremely well for the company getting noticed in the p-ball industry but you always have to stay competitive and up to date. An Investment firm wouldn't consider merging with a company unless they had plans to expand and push the innovation to the limit. Have you noticed Tippmann outfitting Autocockers with flatlines, maybe they're throwing Ideas back & forth?

Makes you think hmmmmmmmmm?

Tippmann 98 Custom
GTA Response Trigger
Crossfire 68ci 4500psi
Palmers Stabilizer Male
Halo Frontman Smoke LED
12" All American
Smart Parts Wood Grip
Grey VForce Profiler

The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 9:11pm

tippmann is making enough money off of every speedball player buying a a5 then tricking the crap out of it with upgrades and then selling it because it still isnt good enough for speedball. tippmanns are woodsball guns. they might go with a high end gun but i hope they dont because speedball = dump $100+ each day on paint and hide behind a giant balloon. woodsball is how real men play, out in the trees and mud running, diving, jumpind and 1 shot kills. if you want a gun to play hide behind a giant bubble then buy a autococker or something.

I LIKE BIKES!
suBsTanC092 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suBsTanC092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 9:22pm
Tippman should make there own version of the
Auto-Cocker, you know it would be the best.
<a href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&am p;t=1">Get Firefox!</a>
grafxguy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grafxguy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by The Ho The Ho wrote:

tippmann is making enough money off of every speedball player buying a a5 then tricking the crap out of it with upgrades and then selling it because it still isnt good enough for speedball. tippmanns are woodsball guns. they might go with a high end gun but i hope they dont because speedball = dump $100+ each day on paint and hide behind a giant balloon. woodsball is how real men play, out in the trees and mud running, diving, jumpind and 1 shot kills. if you want a gun to play hide behind a giant bubble then buy a autococker or something.

I'm going to agree with that. To me I am not impressed by a $1400 marker. It irks me when I see these young kids at the field who are playing with them and they think they are untouchable. To me the marker does not make you a better player. It is the player. My paint will break on you the same way whether it gets there by a Cocker or a C98.
I would hate to see a high end Tippmann. It would ruin the franchise. Why change something that is not broken?

eric
98C
LAPCO Bigshot
Rocket Cock
Double Trigger
Red Dot
RT
XCore Regulator
SenorDingDong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SenorDingDong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 9:52pm
There obviously making a new marker. They cant just keep the 98 and A5 forever. They wont always be very popular. I hope they do make a high end electro gun, not over 1,000 dollars but maybe in the 500-800 range. I would love to see the durability, reliability and innovation of a Tippmann in a high end electro.
Tippmann A5
Lapco Bigshot 12"
E-Grip
Dead on Bullet Drop
Macro-Line
68ci 3000psi Carbon Fiber tank
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 10:02pm
^^^ I'll also agree. However, Tippmann also has that new brand of paint, which is another $100 per 98 custom/a5 user that goes out onto a field carrying it. What do you think a Tippmann owner is gonna buy (at least newbs, and the 98 Custom is definatly used often by newbs) PMI or Werks? That paint was a great idea, but i still use the RPS premium that the fields offer (mostly because it is all most fields offer). I like the way it shoots, and why use 2 different paint types and flip flop on your style and how your gun shoots? Let Tippmann make whatever they want though. I figure, the more money they have, the better for us. I may be wrong though. The new owners might get really greedy and make things worse.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 10:38pm
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they came out with a high end gun, but I'm not so sure it'd be an electro....
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

tipp-ed off View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp-ed off Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 10:47pm
^^^Not electronic huh. Thats an excelent Idea! Maybe Tippmann and AGD will colaborate on a high-end mech with a hAir trigger. Tippmann+AGD=TAGD HTmech marker

But what I do I do because I like to do.
www.chaospaintball.us

mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 11:19pm

I think tippmann will come up with something that we hadn't even thought of doing. The guys at tippmann are smart and they seem to be waiting for sales to die down before releasing a new gun (rather than selling a new model every week like kingman and other companies). On top of that, they give each one upgrades that set it above other guns because there is nothing else like it. The 98/98c has the RT which allows high rates of fire without batteries or electronics and the flatline which adds a ton of range with flat trajectory. Then you have the A5 which comes stock with the cyclone which requires no batteries and is very reliable. They also redesign all the 98 upgrades for the A5 so that they're even better than before. I think they'll follow this trend and release a gun similar to the A5 but with a few changes (based on user feedback) and probably something that hasn't been done before, the equivalent of the cyclone for the A5. Maybe an improved feeding system or mechanical full auto, who knows. Then they'll probably take the A5 upgrades and improve them more for the new gun.

Other companies are more predictable. You know Bob Long, Smart Parts, etc. will always just change the milling and make their guns shoot faster at lower pressures. Tippmann is different though, you never know what they'll come up with because they don't come out with stuff often but when they make something, it's usually something big (flatline, RT, cyclone). My guess is that they've been working on new stuff since the A5 was released and they probably have a general idea of what they want their next gun to be and they've probably tested some new ideas too. I'm sure they'll come up with something great for their next gun and series of upgrades.

I wouldn't sell my guns and turn my back on tippmann if they made something for the speedball market but I would be a little disappointed in them if it was just a clone of other electros. I just wouldn't buy it, that's all. If they just made a great gun that is excellent for speedball but is a good all around gun and isn't very expensive then I may buy it. I think they should make a gun like the A5 but make it capable of whatever the latest speedball guns can do rather than making a gun specifically for speedball. That's pretty much what they've been doing anyway but apparantly they don't meet the expectations of speedball players. I think an A5 with a few performance upgrades would be great for speedball but tourny players love to spend thousands on super-electros that just spray paint everywhere and the A5 just isn't a paint hose. They don't like that they have to rely on skill more because of the lower (and more sane) ROF of the A5.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 12:05am
all i Know is that tippmann guns are meant for woodsball. i guess one speedball gun wouldnt hurt but i think they would make more money just selling stock a5's and having people buy upgrades like the e-grip, e-bolt, r/t, lpk, and all the other stuff. i figure that tippmann is already popular enough for their woodsball guns so why go down the road of darkness when the road of light is clear?
I LIKE BIKES!
Raziel66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raziel66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 12:17am
There's nothing wrong with speedball. It's just another way of playing paintball. Stop criticizing it just because you don't like it. Frankly you oughta be happy if Tippmann get it's name in the speedball market. Maybe more speedballers will decide to play woodsball once they use a tippmann marker. Who knows? Just stop being so ignorant when it comes to speedball.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 12:50am

I will summarize speedball once again

shoot $100+ of paint

spend $800+ on a gun

run from "balloon" to "balloon" and try not to get hit by the 25 shots that one player just wasted on you and only hit you once.

that is what speedball is. any paintball game where a ref is needed to keep things in hand is not paintball but is turing into hockey or something. in woodsball there are no refs  because woodsball is pure fun.

I LIKE BIKES!
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 1:33am

Moid98command hit the nail on the head.

If Tippmann made a high end gun for teh tourney tards, it would make me very angry, but I really do like this company. It would take quite a bit to make me sell my Tippmann and buy another brand of gun. As long as they don't follow in the path of Brass Eagle, or Kingman, I'll be ok with them for the most part.

Look back on Tippmann's 18 year history. You can easily describe it with one word: Innovation. They have been, more or less, the industry leader ever since the SMG60. Tippmann's place is in the woods with the real men, not with those speedballers. (Many people who posted above me dumbed speedball down into one sentance, good job, boys)

As said above, woods ball is for men. Sure, you can get dirty and what-not playing speedball, but the whole purpose of woods ball is to hide in mud, swamps, high grass, bushes, etc; then blast your enemy with a few well placed shots when he walks by. (Ever wonder why most woodsball rec players carry no more than a hopper full of paint and 2 or 3 pods onto the field?) Speedballers, on the other hand, dress in nice clean jerseys, shiney guns, and cleats. (I'm not opposed to cleats, it's just that a pair of boots would do the same job, and then some for about the same price) The day you need **edited**ey shoes to run around and hide behind paint covered ballons is a sad one, indeed. This shows you where our country is going...

I really don't have anything against the concept of speedball. I just don't like the direction it has turned, or the participants. If speedballers played on a field bigger than my room (it sure seems that way, don't it?), and didn't dump a bajillion pods of paint at 30 zillion bps at a giant ballon, I might respect them as little more. Maybe if they did it with a pump, or stock class, I'd respect them a little more. (I know, I know, you enjoy wasting $200 worth of paint per game... guess what? YOU'RE A MORON)

I've played speedball a few times before, and it is a lot of fun. But what pisses me off beyond belief is when you get shot 25 zillion times in a second, when 1 or 2 shots would have done. Hell, 4 or 5 would have been fine with me, but 25 bps is a little excessive, if you ask me. Now, of the 4 or 5 times I've played speedball, I aimed a little, and took shots carefully, in a way. I still layed down the paint on occasions, but I kept my finger off the triger for most of the time (not to say the same for the speedball tourney morons there that day). But I was one of the first shot out most every game. Know why? I wasn't laying down the paint at a zillion bps. (I know, I know, I'm somewhat new to the sport, but those tourney morons blazing at 25 zilllion bps were taking very light fire) Basically the tourney morons look at your gun and make judgements on you before you even reach the field. If you shoot a Tippmann, almost all of them lay it on thick at you for most of the game. If you shoot a fancy race gun, they leave you alone, for the most part.

Woodsballers generally don't have sponsors (a few do, but majority dont) Most of those woods guys pay for their gear on their own. Work for the upgrades, work for the paint, work for the tanks and air fills, work for the field fees. A good number of speedball teams have sponsors. Which means they basically get to play a lot more, they get high end guns, they get to lay the paint on thick for almost no reason at all and use $200 worth of high end paint for a single game... you get where I'm going with that one... You ever watch the woods ballers play? (I do a lot when I'm heading for the dead zone or staging area... Getting shot out is teh sux..) Ever notice how they stay off the trigger unless if they are either: a. laying cover fire b. have a clear shot or c. last ditch effort when they are out gunned, or the last few seconds before the game ends?

Ahh... screw it.

Bottom line:

I hate speedball.

Most importantly - People suck.
~XF~Voodoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~XF~Voodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 4:34am

There is an axiom in economics that goes (paraphrased) If you are not expanding your market, your are decreasing your future revenue.

Tippmann's reputation will help them sell whatever they bring to market. I would like to see Tippy make a more efficient (air usage) A-5 design.

I have 3 a-5s (sold my karnivore!) and think they are the best rec-ball gun out there...just a little hoggish on air.

ambush101
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 5:39am
i kind of like speedball ... not so much the game but the satisfaction of shooting someone thats got a setup worth three or four times more than mine, i have almost a stock a5 except for the barrel, an x-chamber and some trigger mods from a5og, the one time i was playing at a new field and they had 2 woodsball courses and a speedball field, i had already played woodsball all day and twisted my ankle so by the time we got to speedball it was agreed that i was gonna be playin back(since i couldnt run) and after we had played a few speedball games some of the tourny guys had enough time to get their cockers working so they came in and the one guy saw my a5 and said to the ref "i think he should go to the other team" so i did and i remembered what he was wearing... well anyway the game started and right away i shot a tourney guy in the head then some guy with a spyder shot another tourney guy then mr.autococker decided to pull a rambo on me and charge me and of course i couldnt move so i did the next best thing .. i shot him ... the game ended in me gotting shot of course but im proud to say it wasnt by any tourney guy with a $2000 setup, it was by the only other guy on the field that had a tippmann

Edited by rave5910

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 8:40am
Making a high end gun is the worst possible thing tippmann could doi think.

Theyre sitting on a niche market selling good guns to new players and rec players. Arrogant tourney players would never touch anything with the tippmann name, so they wont buy it.

Maybe im just mad because i hate almost all "high end" guns, and if tippmann made something like that it would just convince more newbies that spraying paint and having no skill is what its all about.
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 1:16pm
  They need to have a Cyclone for the 98 Custom out!
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
spaulding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by hashi2008 hashi2008 wrote:

They need to have a Cyclone for the 98 Custom out!

why?

a new gun would be nice, something that comes stock with an electric trigger and very light pull something to compete with timmys and shockers. look you guys can say i can customize my a-5 to the max dude!, but really a 1500 doller stock gun will always outshoot a 300 dolelr gun with 800 dollers in upgrades, im sorry thats just how it is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic