Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rumors OF A High End Marker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
98sniper View Drop Down

Stike 1: Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:15pm
once i think about it maybe not the cyclone because i couldn't see how a eye would fit. i think it will have an eye, be because this gun will have a very fast bps. i thin this gun isn't goin to be 400 like you think, i am think 800 or higher for a good high end gun. i think the new company wants to own both speedball and woodsball so there comin out with somethin tthat will do it.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
Stormy Knight View Drop Down
Deactivated by request

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by ~XF~Voodoo ~XF~Voodoo wrote:

Tippmann will release a new gun called...probably the A-10...nicknamed the warthog and be based more or less (for looks/milsim) on the M-4/M68 where the A-5 is based on a MP5 variant.

I would expect to see a higher ROF, cylcone improved and the parts to be essentially interchangeable with the A-5.  This new paintball marker will probably be aimed squarely (pun intended) at rec-ball/scenario players and be in the current price range of an upgraded A-5.

A-5=mp5

A-10=M4/M68

a good guess?

Not a bad synopsis.  Look at the progression in design changes since the Pro/Am came out.  Pro/Lite, 68 Carbine, Pro/Carbine.  It's feasible enough.  Just depends on the new "owners".

A-5
Armson DOT Sight
Armson Raised Sightrail
DOP Bullet Drop
DOP RVA
DOP X-Core
DOP Vertical Adapter
E-Grip(APE)
Flatline Barrel
HPA
JCS Duel Trigger
Lightening Bolt
QEPH
Vortex Mod
98c - baller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c - baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 5:35pm
ppl dares somthing wrong wit dis u see how many bps its "says" it shoots, well the 2 fastest markers on the planet is the angel 4, or the PBX cocker, now my friend has the angel and ive see the PBX cocker shoot, u kno wat happens when they reach 30 bps, paintballs collide and break in mid air, and the fastest loader out dare is the halo b w/ the victory board, or q-loader.....sooo im still not gana fully trust wat dare saying
McProxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McProxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 6:08pm
I like how Tippmann picks guns like the MP5 to base their
markers off of. It would be really cool if they picked some off-
the-wall gun like the FN P90 for their new marker. Something
that shape would be at home in the woods and compact
enough to fit onto a speedball course. Plus think of all the
innovations they could incorporate onto the FN P90 style body
that have never been seen in paintball before.
"Dude! Turn your velocity down you amost blew my nipple off!"
Tippman A-5 with:
12" J&J 2 piece ceramic barrel
Palmer Male Stabalizer
E-Grip
Dead on Paintball drop forward
32* macroline kit
senseless228 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senseless228 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 10:27pm
p90 would be awesome

but if
A-5 = mp5
wouldn't
A-10 = mp10

lol, just bored here, dont mind me

i personally dislike speedball not because of the sport, because i just dont like it, its preference, i have NOTHING against speedballers, i just like woodsball better, because i am a big fan of long term strategy stuff, and thats what woodsball is, the strategy and alertness mixed with patience, is a real blood pumper, atleast for me, i know its diff for speedballers, but hey its preference for everyone, and yea, the extra paint for speedball also makes me prone to playing it often. plus my gun is woodsball made, with camo paintjob and whatnot.

in terms of whether they would make a high-end marker or not, they should, to expand their customers, even though most speedballers would be reluctant because its a tippmann, word-of-mouth will get to them shortly enough and people will flock to it to test it out. This is a very smart move by tippmann...if its true

and for those who say they'll turn away if they make a high-end marker...you guys are quite the loyal crowd aren't you?
"religion is opiate for the masses" ~Karl Marx
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 1:46am
i was thinking about it and if tippmann comes out with a high end gun then more power to em. i hope it is like a dm4 but cheaper.
I LIKE BIKES!
98sniper View Drop Down

Stike 1: Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 2:11am
you guys its not goin to be a woodsball gun like you think with these riffle lie guns. its goin to be high end like dm4 cocker that type of stuff. i wouldn't count on a riffle like gun. i think the new oweners r lookin to expaned into a new world of paintball,speedball. think about it. its not like tippmann to make a speedball gun, well its not all tippmann now theres new owners. think about it
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 2:29am
Originally posted by The Ho The Ho wrote:

i was thinking about it and if tippmann comes out with a high end gun then more power to em. i hope it is like a dm4 but cheaper.
not really they are staying in that military gun stlye.

The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 3:15am
they should make a gun that looks like a uzi or that type of gun.
I LIKE BIKES!
nman729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nman729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 6:01am
hey if tippmann makes a new e marker and it can accept the flatline and a carbine stock hey im gonna sell my tippmann 98 set up just forethat i want a tippy e marker that will accept the stock and i dont want an a 5 ther 2 delacate. aney ways i think tippmann will make a marker with speed ball upgrades and or woodsbakk upgrades that way you can go eather way with it.

on the other hand i also think tippmann will stick with the military style look and maybe cum out with a m4/m16 varent with a grenade loncher on it(whell maybe without the grenade loncher)

or they cold make a m249 saw super automatic gun with like 15-20 maybe evin 25-30 bps

or maybe ther mayking a sniper rifle so advanced it can hit a target in 3 inch grupes @ 200-300 yards away

or like some of you ppl are sayin maybe theyl go with a cloce quarters marker like an mp5 for speed ball

or maybe ther cumin out with a paint zooka like an rpg or a law or at4
idk wot tippmanns cumin out with but ide like em to hurry up pleese

Edited by nman729
98c
flatline berrell
carb stock
zoomabal 3x-9x scope
remote coil
6 and 1 harness 6 pods 1 co2
co2 20 oz
pmi thermal mask fog proof
hevy metal paint balls
son 2 cum responce trigger m16 berrl
sharpshooter7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpshooter7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 10:17am

that rumors not true because my uncle works at tippmann and he said there isnt.

98c,drop foward,aardvark 12'' snort barrel,aligator trigger,20 oz co2 

Greedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 9:58am

Originally posted by TippmannEffect TippmannEffect wrote:

1. Official info released August of 2005
2. Up for sale January of 2006 (shouldn’t be pushed back)
3. Will be able to buy it with different threads
4. Feeds 90, yes 90 BPS.
5. With paint, 68BPS before it turned into spray paint
6. Has an Eye
7. Release price of 800-1200 dollars.
8. Hybrid (electric and air powered) feeding system
9. 6 inch long body, looks like a BKO
10. 2 piece grip, 1 piece holds the trigger mechanism, other works as a reg/exp. Chamber
11. Open-bolt design
12. 150 PSI Operation
13. No quick strip like the A-5 “Doesn’t need to be”
14. Unknown body material, not going to be two shells.
15. Built in trigger so no upgrade
16. Weight is lighter than a shocker
17. Color is black
18. Improved stock barrel “the stock barrel will blow ur mind, similar to boomy”

Extremely Fast $800-$1200

Rumers may be true
This look familiar to anyone?
http://pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24 6536

His original post was made two days later, it's on Page 3 of this thread.

Edited by Greedy
a-5player555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a-5player555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 11:18am

tippmann always makes good guns

If they made a high end gun for speedball it would be good and woulndnt hurt tippmann at all.

If it would do anything it wouyld make woods ballers play speedball, and speedballers see how good tippmanns work and try out the a-5 and paly woodsball. 

And u dont have to spend $200 on paint to paly speed ball, I can go out with just a hopper and 4 pods and get several people out before i even used up my hopper.  But I like woodsball more than speedball cause it takes more skill, and it seperates the boys from the men because at the end of the day a boy will come back clean but with a bunch of paint spot and a man will come back covered with mud and no paint 

A-5
double trigger
230rnd hopper
wisper barrell
on/off drop forward
solid stock
lightened trigger

paranoidperson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paranoidperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 12:36pm
personaly i would love it if tippmann made a speed ball gun. Ill sell one of my angels or something to buy it and try it out. Every tippmann i have every owned worked flawlessly and i could drop it in water then pick it up and pistol whip a rhinasurus with it adn it would still shoot. Case in point i love tippmann guns and would love to see them shoot for a higher end marker.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 12:51pm
Well after reading 4/6 pages of this I have come to the conclusion. Screw the electro hi-end stuff. Tippmann should come out with a pump gun like the SL-68II. Another thing..Why is this in upgrades and customizing?

Edited by Benjichang
Greedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 2:38pm

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Well after reading 4/6 pages of this I have come to the conclusion. Screw the electro hi-end stuff. Tippmann should come out with a pump gun like the SL-68II. Another thing..Why is this in upgrades and customizing?
Good question.

Tricked? Sick? Uber? Hell, what does that make this?!?
www.tippmannowners.com
crossman33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossman33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 2:40pm

I personally would love to see a high-end gun come out from Tippmann.  However, I think $800-1200 is a little too much unless they also focus on the 98 or A-5 as well.  If you focus too much on the high-end gun, you will lose newer players who want an affordable gun.  Likewise, you should focus a little bit on the higher-end market.  I like the idea of TippmannEffect's post, but I guess we will have to wait to find out about this.  I also agree with a-5player555 about it possibly making more players play both woods and speedball.

Oh yeah, it's the player not the gun - a team went to SC Village open play's speedball field with pumps against walk-ons with cockers and angels.  The team won because they moved well!

crossman33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossman33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 3:05pm

Also, you guys need to stop bashing woodsball or speedball.  Even though I am a speedball-type person, I don't hate woodsballers because I live in a town that is mostly woods players.  I bet about 80% of you speedballers started out in the woods, as I did.  Bob Long started out in the woods and look where he is now!  He even still hunts!

Likewise, I think speedball shouldn't be bashed because I don't think it's completely spray and pray.  The most I've used is a hopper and 2 150-rd pods.  You may have some annoying sprayers out there, but wait until you play against them when they have no paint or their loader's battery dies!  Speedball actually does have strategy.  It's called getting good angles on opponents.

Ruff Neck View Drop Down
Guested: Stupid spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruff Neck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Stormy Knight Stormy Knight wrote:

Originally posted by ~XF~Voodoo ~XF~Voodoo wrote:

Tippmann will release a new gun called...probably the A-10...nicknamed the warthog and be based more or less (for looks/milsim) on the M-4/M68 where the A-5 is based on a MP5 variant.

I would expect to see a higher ROF, cylcone improved and the parts to be essentially interchangeable with the A-5.  This new paintball marker will probably be aimed squarely (pun intended) at rec-ball/scenario players and be in the current price range of an upgraded A-5.

A-5=mp5

A-10=M4/M68

a good guess?

Not a bad synopsis.  Look at the progression in design changes since the Pro/Am came out.  Pro/Lite, 68 Carbine, Pro/Carbine.  It's feasible enough.  Just depends on the new "owners".

true true

Tippmann 98c

-Flatline
-2xTrigger
-12v Revvy
-RVA + RCS
-Steel Bolts
-Trigger Stop
98c - baller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c - baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by sharpshooter7 sharpshooter7 wrote:

that rumors not true because my uncle works at tippmann and he said there isnt.

98c,drop foward,aardvark 12'' snort barrel,aligator trigger,20 oz co2 

hmmmmmm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic