Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rumors OF A High End Marker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
flatlinesupreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlinesupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 3:54pm

You guys are crazy, the a5 is a high end marker, as much as i hate the term "high-end".  Someone(not me yet) could take a pgp and make it high end, by using it to its fullest.  I will again say, its not the equipment, its the user.  A high-end gun is a gun that can compete with other markers in a "high-end" tourney.  That could be any marker.  I would personally use my egripped a5 in any tourney before i used an angel, timmy, w/e.  

Just my 2/100

east coast ballas
not cal
if all else fails, improvise^^^^
a5, 16 in aa, gun camo, flatline, egrip),
flatlinesupreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlinesupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 3:55pm
        You guys are crazy, the a5 is a high end marker, as much as i hate the term "high-end".  Someone(not me yet) could take a pgp and make it high end, by using it to its fullest.  I will again say, its not the equipment, its the user.  A high-end gun is a gun that can compete with other markers in a "high-end" tourney.  That could be any marker.  I would personally use my egripped a5 in any tourney before i used an angel, timmy, w/e.  

Just my 2/100

east coast ballas
not cal
if all else fails, improvise^^^^
a5, 16 in aa, gun camo, flatline, egrip),
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 3:56pm

[/QUOTE]
actually accuracy has to do with the quality of the barrel and apaint to barrel amtch.[/QUOTE]

It's true that this is PART of the equation.

There's ball condition, recoil, shot to shot consistancy, wind, the individual behind the trigger. There must be more.

SEALLogan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEALLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 5:19pm
To the truth, I didn't read this whole thread.

But I am going to give you my .02 anyway.

If tippmann comes out with a gun with an electronic sear tripper stock, I will sell my gun and get a good one. Their next gun better be the traditional mechanical, or the all out electropneumatic.

The sear tripper reminds me too much of spyders.
[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Bauerp0weR 18 Bauerp0weR 18 wrote:

Ok first off, I'm gonna defend the game of speedball.  Speedball is a completely different gameplay than woodsball. Nope...once contact is made in the woods, it's largely the same.

They are setup to be a very fastpace game.  It's on a small course and it makes you feel almost trapped and pinned down 24/7.  It's not about stealth at all, it takes agility, strategy, and, most of the time, a fast gun. Wrong, stealth plays a huge part in the game.

Stating this as much opinionated as possible, yes, I myself play both woodsball and speedball, but I think speedball gets your adrenaline pumping at a level that woodsball could never do. Nope, wrong again. Depends on the person. 

Woodsball tactics are about opposite from speedball.  In woodsball you try to be as covert as possible and steathy, trying not to be spotted.  In speedball, your in a small course and you know where everyone is. Wrong...once contact is made, it usually turns into speedball in the woods.

You guys are saying that woodsball is for men, let's see you hide behind those "bubble bunkers" getting shot at by guns shooting 25bps, you'd soil yourselves.  Hidding in some brush with a ghuille suit and a camo'd 98c, waiting for someone to walk by so you could "snipe" them out doesn't take all that much skill.  Stop saying that woodsball is for men, because just because you don't get all that dirty playing speedball, that doesn't mean they aren't afraid do get covered in mud. Be quiet. You've already proven yourself ignorant.

I'm not saying that woodsball doesn't take any skill, it's just that the skill needed for woods/speedball are way different.  This is for you guys that say there's no need for guns that shoot 20+bps.  Most of you guys that play woodsball and occasionally play on speedball fields notice that if you try to shoot only when you have a clear shot, you usually get pwned out by the speedball players by their ropes of paint flying at you. Wrong...again (surprise surprise). The basics remain the same: shoot, move, communicate. 

Guess why? Because it works to shoot faster when your in a tight spot with people all around you. Probably because those guys are better at playing tight...

As I have pointed out, speedball and woodsball are two completely different types of gameplay for the sport of paintball. Nope, get this outta your head, you keep repeating it.

It takes different skills for the game you play.  All I ask is that you discontinue the stereotype that woodsball players are "more manly" than speedball players because you get dirtier. I ask that you stop and realize speed/woods is the same with different settings once contact is made.

Now for the topic of a new Tippmann "highend marker."  I hope that eventually they do sink their teeth into the game of speedball. Ever heard of Tippmann Effect? 

Also opinionated, I believe speedball is for the more serious paintball players, and Tippmann knows that's where the money's at. Which is why Armotech and Pro-Team has shot up.

Yes, Tippmann makes undisputedly the best woodsball markers on the market, but you can't just stay with the 98c or A5 forever. Wrong, there are better.

The future means change, and change is what is needed in order to keep up with today's society. Not true...sometimes steadiness is required. Pick your battles.

Tippmann, I think most everyone would agree, is mostly a "beginner's gun", not trying to knock it's reputation but it is true.  Very good quality beginner's guns none the less, but if they make a new gun for speedball, and it's a success, which most likely it will be, considering Tippmann makes some of the most innovative products on the market (cyclone, r/t, etc.), The community of paintball will look at Tippmann in a whole new perspective. Just like they did with the EM1...

As for you that actually took the time to read this post, I hope I didn't waste your time or seem to bash woodsball, by no means do I try to, but anyway, thanks for reading! Don't worry, you thoroughly wasted my time.

Don't believe everything you think

I can resist anything but temptation
[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by The Ho The Ho wrote:

woodsball is how real men play, out in the trees and mud running

That has more than a little inuendo in it and doesn't seem very...manly to me to go out in the stix and begin "running" in the mud.

[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

On top of that, they give each one upgrades that set it above other guns because there is nothing else like it. The 98/98c has the RT which allows high rates of fire without batteries or electronics And isn't always tournament or field legal...

and the flatline which adds a ton of range with flat trajectory. And then bounces...

Then you have the A5 which comes stock with the cyclone which requires no batteries and is very reliable. Except with paint shell in it...and when it wears down...

They also redesign all the 98 upgrades for the A5 so that they're even better than before. Like the E-Bolt and LP Kit...which got worse because the A-5 is a sear-tripper.

Maybe an improved feeding system or mechanical full auto, who knows. Why mech F/A? Who could use it?

Other companies are more predictable. You know Bob Long, Smart Parts, etc. will always just change the milling and make their guns shoot faster at lower pressures. Yes, because the Shocker, Impulse, and new Shocker are all the same gun with different milling and stock accessories.

My guess is that they've been working on new stuff since the A5 was released Or working on getting upgrades out...

That's pretty much what they've been doing anyway but apparantly they don't meet the expectations of speedball players. I wonder why...it's long, big, slow (trigger pull stinks as much as an Impulse, stock), loud, and kinda ugly.

I think an A5 with a few performance upgrades would be great for speedball but tourny players love to spend thousands on super-electros that just spray paint everywhere and the A5 just isn't a paint hose. Hence it does not "meet the expectations of speedball players"

They don't like that they have to rely on skill more because of the lower (and more sane) ROF of the A5. Or maybe because if two equal teams play and one is shooting faster, the one with faster guns will win?

lexlaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexlaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 1:03pm
Done right, the a5 can hose paint with as much kick as a dm4...not lying, i am there. However since its semi, I can stop shooting when I want to (i.e when I am broke or target is hit)
thick woodland games...yup
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by [FI [FI wrote:

]
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

On top of that, they give each one upgrades that set it above other guns because there is nothing else like it. The 98/98c has the RT which allows high rates of fire without batteries or electronics And isn't always tournament or field legal...

and the flatline which adds a ton of range with flat trajectory. And then bounces...

Then you have the A5 which comes stock with the cyclone which requires no batteries and is very reliable. Except with paint shell in it...and when it wears down...

They also redesign all the 98 upgrades for the A5 so that they're even better than before. Like the E-Bolt and LP Kit...which got worse because the A-5 is a sear-tripper.

Maybe an improved feeding system or mechanical full auto, who knows. Why mech F/A? Who could use it?

Other companies are more predictable. You know Bob Long, Smart Parts, etc. will always just change the milling and make their guns shoot faster at lower pressures. Yes, because the Shocker, Impulse, and new Shocker are all the same gun with different milling and stock accessories.

My guess is that they've been working on new stuff since the A5 was released Or working on getting upgrades out...

That's pretty much what they've been doing anyway but apparantly they don't meet the expectations of speedball players. I wonder why...it's long, big, slow (trigger pull stinks as much as an Impulse, stock), loud, and kinda ugly.

I think an A5 with a few performance upgrades would be great for speedball but tourny players love to spend thousands on super-electros that just spray paint everywhere and the A5 just isn't a paint hose. Hence it does not "meet the expectations of speedball players"

They don't like that they have to rely on skill more because of the lower (and more sane) ROF of the A5. Or maybe because if two equal teams play and one is shooting faster, the one with faster guns will win?

why is people quoting and pasting like this???

98sniper View Drop Down

Stike 1: Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 2:05pm
time out all you haters of tippmanns idea of comin out wit a new gun. i can't believe you don't have faith in them. here you sit here and tell the speedballers they suc. why i bet half of you can't snap shoot. that is an art. saying that all they do is spray. thats a lie you should play it first. i play more woods than speed and i don't care what it is as long as i get to play. belt#2 is saying that they shoot way to much so he can't respect them. why, there playin the same sport. they have sponsers to buy there paint for them. if someone did that for you you would take it. woosdball is slowly goin down the drain and you know it. i like speedball as much as woodsball, i just love to play, unlike you ungreatful people sayin this is better than that and all this bull crap. in my eyes your not bad a$$ if you r awsome at woodsball. and your not bada$$ if you r awsome in speedball. but owning people when you play both. yes like you guys say its not the marker that makes the playa its the playa that makes the marker, 100% true. but if a guy goes out and plays woosdball with a **edited**er you think your goin to take him because he has that and not a 98c or a5. most **edited**ers r just as or more accurate than your tippmanns. no joke you should shoot those guns before you talk crap. i have a bko and a 98c and soon to get a e orracle and i don't complain about any of this speedball and woodsball crap that you guys pull.grow up. this is bullcrap what you guys r doin. why not a high end gun. it could be the best thing that tippmann has came out with. have they ever made anything that sucked. no. there guns get better and better.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 2:19pm
"Sport is Sport no matter where it's at."

Coming in May 2005!
Nick Papagorgio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Papagorgio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 2:35pm

Why do you guys rip on speedball. I like speedball much more than woodsball, I have friends that like woodsball more, I guess its preference. And about the whole being a man business. You act like your three years old you probably play with G.I. Joe's and everything. Because G.I. Joe is manly too. You probably cut trees down with axes and use a lot of power tools because there manly too. And lift weights and everything. I don't know who you play with but most of the woodsball players Ive played with are idiots. I've played with people who have thought it would be cool to have to wrestle the gun from other players and everything. Heck they even bring bowie knifes with them when we play. WTF. I hate woodsball players.

Whats wrong with tippmann making a high end electro marker. You sound like my grandma because shes afraid of technology. You basically say you wouldn't buy a tippmann if it was high end. thats like saying you wouldnt buy it if it was good.

Edited by Nick Papagorgio
98 custom
red dot sight
14" smart parts progressive barrel
9 oz co2 tank
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 3:06pm

wow i wish i saw this thread sooner. i think tippmann does need to make a new gun. they don't  have many. more guns mean more money, you have to think business like, all they want to do is make money. but there is two sides to this,  tippmann is a beginner gun, and if they did make a 800 dollar gun i don't think it would be for the best. beginners look up to tippmann, for good relieable guns, now thers going to be a 800 dollar gun and i don't think thats how beginners to the sport should learn the game, shooting 25 bps that is.

just my 2 cents.

pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Nick Papagorgio Nick Papagorgio wrote:

Why do you guys rip on speedball. I like speedball much more than woodsball, I have friends that like woodsball more, I guess its preference. And about the whole being a man business. You act like your three years old you probably play with G.I. Joe's and everything. Because G.I. Joe is manly too. You probably cut trees down with axes and use a lot of power tools because there manly too. And lift weights and everything. I don't know who you play with but most of the woodsball players Ive played with are idiots. I've played with people who have thought it would be cool to have to wrestle the gun from other players and everything. Heck they even bring bowie knifes with them when we play. WTF. I hate woodsball players.

Whats wrong with tippmann making a high end electro marker. You sound like my grandma because shes afraid of technology. You basically say you wouldn't buy a tippmann if it was high end. thats like saying you wouldnt buy it if it was good.

you're just as bad as those who rip speedball. you're sterotyping woodsball players. And nobody's saying they wouldn't buy a tippmann if it was "good." They think the way tippmann designs there prodducts is good. thats the way the way they like it. They say they dont want a "high-end" marker because FOR THE MOST PART the paintball world only considers a marker "high-end" if its electro and extremely fast and often expensive. they dont wnat a marker with those qualities. Im not sure whats best( a "high-end" marker or a woodsball marker) but I know one thing for sure. Tippmann will do whatever is best for them. I love tippmann, they have great customer serviceand have morals(unlike SP) but they are a company. They wnat the money.
98sniper View Drop Down

Stike 1: Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 5:23pm
wiil you guys drop it. i think that newbi won't go out and buy a 800 gun because its tippmann. or they would be buying cockers and crap now. i think this is one of the best moves by tippmann. now they will own every playin type not just woodsball. you guys doubt them to much. look it was a big thing when the 98 came out, then the a-5 now they just sell a bunch of crap for them. face it tippmann does own woodsball but now they can move into the speeball fields. you guys think that there turn into kingman but tippmann aint like that or else they would have **edited** like  that know. what high end gun does kingman have. yeah think about it a lil. thats what i thought so don't even compare to that **edited**. i think this is the best move for them. the guys at tippmann r smart and they will come up with somethin sweet. i htink they should combine the old with the new. get out of this hole woodsball and move into speed ball. they would sell more crap then. jsut think they make a bunch in the woodsball area and if they move into the speedball part that would mean more money. more money = more testing and making new stuff to expan.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
Nick Papagorgio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Papagorgio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 6:06pm
you guys don't even know if they are making a high end gun. Why do you talk like they deffinately are
98 custom
red dot sight
14" smart parts progressive barrel
9 oz co2 tank
The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by lexlaine lexlaine wrote:

Done right, the a5 can hose paint with as much kick as a dm4...not lying, i am there. However since its semi, I can stop shooting when I want to (i.e when I am broke or target is hit)

Wrong, the DM4 is semi to and an A-5 will NEVER equal up to a DM4. this thread is acctually getting really funny with all the newbs throwing in there opnions which are not correct and just plain stupid. Tippmann will come out with a new gun they have to every couple of years to keep the money flowing in.

Stupid thread IMO.

Good Luck!
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
RENEGADEJESUS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENEGADEJESUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:26pm
I think i might have to go to the bank for a withdrawl. That tippy will be the last marker i buy even if its $1200 crappola.
Somebody has to do something its just incredibly pathetic it has to be us
                ~Jerry Garcia
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:55pm
What is all this nonsense about woodsball being  a game where you sit and wait for your opponent to walk by. Where the hell did this come from? Last time I checked, as long as your not a n00b hiding behind a rock all the time, woodsballers move a hell of a lot. Atleast I do. I don't like to stop moving unless caught up in a firefight, where I try to lay down a slow, yet steady stream of paintballs (not 20bps, more like 1 or 2 every second, maybe even less) just enough to get the other player pinned behind their obstacle. While doing that, I move up.

Whats this about woods not having the adreniline of speed? You can see where all the players on the opposing team are, its a 100x50 box. Running and hiding behind small balloons. Exciting.

In woods, you are walking around a heavily covered area, not knowing when or where your enemy will appear. Nothing gets your adrenline pumping like when you get ambushed and have to dive behind a 2 foot wide tree for cover.

I think I have yet to meet a woodsball player that is an ass, who treats you on how your gun looks. I know quite a few speedballers who do that.

Don't get me wrong, speedball is fun, but in retrospect, Woodsball>*.

I would never become a tourney player.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 7:33pm

Like i said before

WOODSBALL!!!

I LIKE BIKES!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic