Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the states isnt that powerfull

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Fallout_soldier View Drop Down
A-5 Speed Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallout_soldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 10:51pm
I gave up caring about the war when i figured out every one on this fourm is to patreoticto care about american soldiers dieing for a bad cause.  I bet if you asked any of the poor guys who are actualy fighiting (the ones whos thoughts realy matter) Not the ones picked to go on CNN  tehy would tell you how much they are pissed for having to fight a pointless war.  Sure a lot of good came from iraq but in ten years its still guna be a hot bed for terroists 10 times worse then it was with sadam.

Edited by Fallout_soldier

Canada
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=atomicbomb.wmv
Ilikepaintball1 View Drop Down

Guested - Spam, flaming, selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilikepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 11:36pm

Originally posted by **edited**e **edited**e wrote:

Who needs an army when you have nukes

This post really disturbs me.  If a nuke ever hit land anywhere, other than antartica milliions on inocent people would die.  Thats why nukes are never used

Fallout_soldier View Drop Down
A-5 Speed Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallout_soldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 11:44pm
^Nukes have a lot of positive effects almost always over looked.  If you have nukes no one will nuke you effectively eliminating the threat of an attack.  The real scary thing is rouge states willing to sell/give the technology to terroists who will use them virtualy any whare with out warning.

Canada
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=atomicbomb.wmv
Bugsy View Drop Down

Strike 2 - More flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Ilikepaintball1 Ilikepaintball1 wrote:

Originally posted by **edited**e **edited**e wrote:

Who needs an army when you have nukes

This post really disturbs me.  If a nuke ever hit land anywhere, other than antartica milliions on inocent people would die.  Thats why nukes are never used

No.... they aren't used because of a possibility of another World War and many countries would shun the attacker because they used a device to kill countless people.

!   !
!   !
!   !
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Fallout_soldier Fallout_soldier wrote:

I gave up caring about the war when i figured out every one on this fourm is to patreoticto care about american soldiers dieing for a bad cause.  I bet if you asked any of the poor guys who are actualy fighiting (the ones whos thoughts realy matter) Not the ones picked to go on CNN  tehy would tell you how much they are pissed for having to fight a pointless war.  Sure a lot of good came from iraq but in ten years its still guna be a hot bed for terroists 10 times worse then it was with sadam.

So the only people "whose thoughts actually matter" are those that agree with you?
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 3:02pm

If worse terrorists show up then we'll kill them too. And the ones after that and the ones after that. Until everyone is to scared to terrorize anyone. Saddam got what was coming to him and so will anyone else who starts genocide like what Saddam did when had been mass murdering the Kurds and arresting innocent people. We should have done nothing about it sooner. I can't believe people like that Moore fellow who have a problem when we start rescueing a culture. Whats the difference between what we did saving the Kurds and freeing the other Iraqis and what we did for the Jews.

Its better for a good person do die killing a bad person than both of them living.

Edited by Blue Hopper
Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
lant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by [FI [FI wrote:

]

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

we just wouldnt.
Plain and simple, right there. We were good in WW1, then our army was way too big, so they sold it all off, then never put money into rebuilding it, now we are behind.

Which is why America is better (just kidding, just kidding)

\

Im not sure if anyone said this because i skiped page 3-11. i just thought everyone would like to no they were in WW2 as well, they were at normandy,but America had 2 beaches and they were the hardest ones. ohwell

Edited by lant
!!!!All Hail 2006!!!!
Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 4:31pm

Since I'm deployed to the Middle East in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (II), along with the rest of the 3,000 or so members of my brigade can I offer my thoughts? I'm not actually doing any fighting, just base security though. The closest thing I've seen is a couple vehicles shot up on their way in the gates, and of course hearing some shots outside the fence/wall. Nothing big though.
Most of the Soldiers (and Sailors, Airmen, and Marines) that you see on CNN are just regular Joes (and Janes) that were picked for whatever reason to be interviewed. Many just were the closest ones to the reporter, or maybe the reporter saw someone with good hair and asked to interview him or her, or maybe even thought the Soldier was hot and wanted to hook up. It doesn't really matter though. It seems as if the person didn't say what you thought, then they were handpicked to sout off the company line. It doesn't work that way, usually. I was almost interviewed just because the public affiars person is my upstairs neighbor. I was out training though.
Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 4:39pm
Canada has a very goo military. Theyy, and their snipers especially, earned a lot of respect in their help in Afganistan. I really don't want to hear or read any insults directed towards their military. Their government, or their people who are afraid of letting their military do their jobs fine, but don't say jack about their military. The people of Canada don't want a warfighting force. They wan't to be able to ease their conscience by sending off a few people on some peacekeeping missions for the UN. The US will handle any real threats, and if it's popular enough, they'll send some troops.
It's a combination of size, equipment, but also the trainingand type of training. The US Army has among the least caste or classist structures in the world. The British Army is still a pretty classist system, and the former Soviet Union and hence the former republics have no real NCO corps. We've been training them for almost a decade on how to have NCO's do more than bellow smack around new privates. Not too many armies have a history of privates and corporals taking charge and leading others. We were looked down upon by our European colleagues for having our NCO's too close to the privates. Somewhat true so they were seperated, but we were also albo to use our junior NCO's (corporals and sergeants) to fill in positions of the higher NCO's when thye had to fill in Officer slots.
Yes Canada could have an Army about as good as ours if they wanted to spend the money, buy the equipment, and spend the time training, but could they actually afford to do so?
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 4:40pm

Don't beat a dead horse.

Coming in May 2005!
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 5:45pm

I just got back from Iraq a few days ago, though this time I was there as a civilian. To myself, and those over there that I talked to, our cause is worthy enough, though everyone looks forward to coming home.

When you say the the States aren't that powerful, it is obvious that you must feel some kind of deep down inferiority. The state of California is the world's 7th largest economy by itself, so that gives you an idea of the net worth of the entire US.

Using a country's military as a yardstick to measure strength is not going to give you the most accurate results. The US is the engine that drives the worlds economy, and though the world could survive without us, it would enjoy a far lower standard of living.

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by TRAVELER TRAVELER wrote:

I just got back from Iraq a few days ago, though this time I was there as a civilian. To myself, and those over there that I talked to, our cause is worthy enough, though everyone looks forward to coming home.

When you say the the States aren't that powerful, it is obvious that you must feel some kind of deep down inferiority. The state of California is the world's 7th largest economy by itself, so that gives you an idea of the net worth of the entire US.

Using a country's military as a yardstick to measure strength is not going to give you the most accurate results. The US is the engine that drives the worlds economy, and though the world could survive without us, it would enjoy a far lower standard of living.

Don't travel there by yourself, it's dangerous. We don't need another hostage losing his head.

Coming in May 2005!
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 7:01pm

You inconsiderate fool. Did you ever stop to think that maybe somone on this forum has lost a friend in this war, or maybe more than just one friend? Obviously not or you would have chosen better words. The only time a war is truely pointless is when you give up on those who fight it. If I could bring my friends back from the grave and ask them questions about this war I'm sure they would give me answer quite different than what your lolly gaging arse could phatom. My friends didn't die for a bad cause, they died defending jerks like yourself who haven't earned the freedom they sleep under at which my friends put their lives on the line for. Why don't you just not talk until it's your turn to get called up to the front and actually DO something ray than say STUPID INANE thoughts.

IMPULSE-GUY View Drop Down
Guested: Terminal idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPULSE-GUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 7:06pm

Originally posted by Ph34r Ph34r wrote:

Canadians are taxed much more than we are here in the U.S., so that's how they can get "free" asprin in the hospital. Like Sandman nothing is ever free.

no we dont. what are you talking about. we got free health care. we get taxed about the same.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by IMPULSE-GUY IMPULSE-GUY wrote:

Originally posted by Ph34r Ph34r wrote:

Canadians are taxed much more than we are here in the U.S., so that's how they can get "free" asprin in the hospital. Like Sandman nothing is ever free.

no we dont. what are you talking about. we got free health care. we get taxed about the same.

Yea but your taxes don't pay for the military, so if we decide we won't your cold land we can do harm.

*My opinion is based purely on my hate Impulse-Guy

Coming in May 2005!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic