Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Autocockers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
LoCo_HunTer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoCo_HunTer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autocockers
    Posted: 22 July 2004 at 1:48am
hey, im in the mist of buying a autococker .. please
tell me one thats not ultra expensive but is relible
and is a good quality gun .. price range no more
then $450 please
God Bless America
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 1:55am
Get a stock 04 vert. They're under $400. Then save the rest to incest in a barrel kit. The stock cocker barrels are horrible, and you'll want a kit so you always have a good bore size match to prevent roll outs that closed bolts are famous for.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 2:26am

get either a new or used 03 vf or 04 vf cocker made by wgp. i bought mine for about $200 used from a guy on pbnation.com i have seen some really nice cockers on pbnation for ur price range. i say u save up a lil more and get a used ebladed cocker for about 500-600

patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Walking Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 2:52am
Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

Get a stock 04 vert. They're under $400. Then save the rest to incest
in a barrel kit. The stock cocker barrels are horrible, and you'll want
a kit so you always have a good bore size match to prevent roll outs
that closed bolts are famous for.

i don't know about you, but i don't want to incest with a barrel kit..

your best bet is to pick up a stock 03-04 cocker from pbgear or another reputable store. i wouldn't buy used as your first foray into cockers, because some people will try to screw you over sending one that doesn't work as well as claimed.

MoNTYandTIMMoN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNTYandTIMMoN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 8:58am
i myself wouldn't get an autococker.  They are too complicated.  My brother has had so many problems with his.(timing, leaks, velocity adjuster broke, 3-way broke, etc.)  I would just get a b2k4 and if u want to save more get pds with it.

Do not tempt the lord!

MoNTYtheLoRD
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 9:10am
Get a 2k3 vert. Buy a nexus kit. Then buy a J+J ceramic or soemthing.

That should be just around the $450 mark if you know where to shop.

[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 9:15am

Originally posted by MoNTYandTIMMoN MoNTYandTIMMoN wrote:

i myself wouldn't get an autococker.  They are too complicated.  My brother has had so many problems with his.(timing, leaks, velocity adjuster broke, 3-way broke, etc.)  I would just get a b2k4 and if u want to save more get pds with it.

Does he know the mechanics of an Autococker? Did he take the time to learn them and understand how they work? With about an hour or so of research, one can quickly understand how the Autococker works and the proper methods in timing and alleviate this problem completely.

I would purchase the 2004 Stock Autococker, which I think looks very sharp and has excellent pneumatics for a stock Autococker. The first upgrade I would make would be a barrel (leave the internals, with the proper tuming, and springing, your efficiency will be excellent) and then perhaps the reg. There's really not a whole lot that is bad about the '04.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 9:27am

I agree with FI, but understand the cautionary note from montytimmon.  Cockers are a little more complicated than Tippmanns/Spyders.  It's not hard to figure out unless you take the short bus to school, but it will require a little bit of effort.  If you don't like to understand stuff or tinker, a cocker might not be for you.

Otherwise, get a new barrel - maybe even two, depending on what paint you play.  Rollout is a problem with cockers, so you want to make sure that you have a good bore match.

Unless you plan on going electronic at some point, I would make the next upgrade a new 3-way.  If you put a CT or Orracle 3-way on a cocker, you will be able to shorten the trigger pull to next to nothing.

Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoCo_HunTer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 5:49pm
aight thanx for all of yours help ... yea im not one to
tinker wit stuff so i dun have to worry about that .. and
i like doing reaseach on guns to really get to know
them ... and now you all have helped me figure what
gun ima get next :) tanks for the help
God Bless America
vermilionspy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vermilionspy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:05pm
 heres a better idea save up for a bit longer and get a tactical cocker, they look sexy and would work very well for woodsball since you could get it in camo....
A-5 with RT, dead on double trigger, pro team intruder foregrip/x-chamber, SP ( i hate them now) 12" teardrop, remote line, 20 oz. co2, 4+1 harness
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:45pm

Your a new player and your first gun is a Cocker.

You made a big mistake.

Coming in May 2005!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoCo_HunTer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:25pm
i aint a bigginer .. i have a tippmann 98 sniper so i
aint begginer and i have had 3 other guns ... so
shhh! ... i never said i was new to the game i just
thought it was time time to up grade
God Bless America
Chris_paintball View Drop Down
Guested: Flaming, terminal immaturity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris_paintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:35pm
 he never said he was a beginner
<Removed YET ANOTHER "bunker kid" 500kb sig. READ THE RULES!!!!!!!!>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoCo_HunTer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 10:28pm
thanx for all of your help every one but could ya send
me sum links to the guns ur talking about
God Bless America
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:03am
Search for other posts by LoCo_HunTer i swear this has been posted 11,786 times
spydero99 View Drop Down
Guested: Spamming, immaturity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydero99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:12am

Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

The stock cocker barrels are horrible

TAKE THAT BACK! MINE IS FINE!

erm, eh, well, ok, your right, i am sorry Enos, i dont know what i ever did, but you have jurasdiction over the forum, so, i am sorry for all i have done to offen you Enos

plax_are_meth View Drop Down
Official Forum Frenchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plax_are_meth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 2:32am
kid on wgp forums selling a black worrbladed 2k3 with an orracle tickler, a blue delrin bolt and an egg with a better board. timing is already set and the worrblade is set on factory fast and settings for worrblade arent hard to do. all this fer 550 only cause the guns got stickers on it but they can be removed. and yeah, only sum stock cocker barrels are bad. the one on my nightkast was fine and it was only loud.
Ilikepaintball1 View Drop Down

Guested - Spam, flaming, selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilikepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 11:24am

Autococker Fund 100/500$$$$
Ilikepaintball1 View Drop Down

Guested - Spam, flaming, selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilikepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 11:25am
Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

Your a new player and your first gun is a Cocker.

You made a big mistake.

I have had the custom for a year and a half now its times to move on.

Autococker Fund 100/500$$$$
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:03pm
im either getting a fully loaded a5 for speedball or a automag
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic