FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Projekt Panzer Luftgewehr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
MuRdoc18 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
aka ALWAYSRIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuRdoc18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by proballer proballer wrote:

That has to be one of the best mill jobs I have ever seen Love the paint, great looking marker. Good Job

Im guessing you havent seen many....i guess the good idea is there but eeehhhh its pretty ugly.

Member of Forumer Against Most Forumers.
PerfectDark96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectDark96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 8:20pm

if the gun itself wasnt so long, it would be one of the coolest looking guns out there.  thats including DM4's and Timmies.  but tippmanns are just too long to look great.  the gun is probably a little unbalanced because the reg is not right below the feedneck.  im not 100% liking the open linkage arm, but i shoot a cocker and its got a lot of moving parts, so i guess it cant be that bad.  finish it up too.  like make the trigger and the fittings look better and itll be hot.

as for teh good things.  that has to be the MOST coolest freaking milling i have seen on a tippmann.  ever.  its got full rear cocking, and the milled in rocket cock is bangin. cant wait to see the shroud.

Accuracy by Volume
impmaster2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impmaster2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 8:23pm
from a 1 to 10 shes a certified 20 lol from yeah
2003 IMPULSE
new designz low rise
fbm mercury bolt
45/4500 crossfire tank
*SOON TO COME*
vision board
otb frame
freak barrel kit
Commander Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 8:29pm
the exposed linkage arm reminds me of a procarbine

-=PEACE OUT=-
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 8:45pm
Can't please everyone. I would put money on it that some of you hate the Mona Lisa as well.   
Which falls faster, a lead ball or your IQ after reading some of these posts?

PSU Paintball

DacK44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DacK44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:05pm

mona lisa is hot.

hey you used the same t gas fittings as me! i think this should qualify you as my pier(however u spell that). i feel so special .

id give ur gun a 10/10 mostly cuz atleast some1 agrees with me that this is a great idea. i love the paintjob, and by the way did u just use like a toaster oven or wat.

i would say the only thing i wouldve changed is the way you obviosly got a little carried away with the bondo hehe... i also dont like how, alright u got a rocket cock under the bondo and all... but forget about going electric right?

i love that thing u did where the safety should be, just cuz it looks cool but i think it would be cool if some1 could engrave that instead of using bondo. note- i will most likely steal that little idea and use it.

by the way all my pics i think are still up but... are really out of date, i think thats what they looked like... like last year? oh well, i totally agree with u not showing ALL of ur custom work. but gun looks nice.

keep up the good work.

Ashran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:09pm
Looks pretty ugly IMO (Shape) paint is nice and I respect people when they can od their own work on their gun.  You probably have one of the fastest non RT blowbacks ever.  tell me if i am wrong.
2k4 Viking
SCM, MM
JMJ roller trigger
WAS 1.6 WAS eyes, WAS switch
Dye Minidrop
CP on/off
evil-98 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
evil 98 pwnz joo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil-98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:22pm

thats a lot of body work, you overlayed the body with another piece steel? looks ok

man you got you change out that screw lol

not bad needs to change out those brass..

evil-vision

DacK44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DacK44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:24pm

lol go to http://www.umbrellacorporation.co.uk, funny picture...

thats snakeeyes  site so its not my fault!

Edited by DacK44
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:29pm
Dack, I do not plan on going electro with my Tippmann.

Ashran, hopefully it will be the fastest non-RT blowback gun ever.      And if not, it will still be stupid fast for a fully mech gun.

Evil, what screw are you talking about? As for the brass fittings I am working on a cosmetic alum. shroud to cover them, but most likely I will just resort to spraying them the same color as the gun.

And Dack again, glad you enjoy my webpage index. Unfortunatly its really just a place holder. I haven't updated it in a long time. But you can tell that at the time I was planning on starting up some paintball industry.

PSU Paintball

SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by PerfectDark96 PerfectDark96 wrote:

if the gun itself wasnt so long, it would be one of the coolest looking guns out there. thats including DM4's and Timmies. but tippmanns are just too long to look great. the gun is probably a little unbalanced because the reg is not right below the feedneck.

I have to agree with you on the length of the Tippmann. Because I didn't feel like reworking the internals to shrink stuff up only a small bit, I opted to move the from grip back and replace it with a vert mounted reg.

What's really funny about the length of my gun though is that I put my gun without a barrel next to my teammates 04 Shocker with a 45/4500 tank and 12" Freak and the Shocker was only 1" longer.

PSU Paintball

DacK44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DacK44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:35pm

i do agree that picture would be an awesome trademark logo.

DONT PLAN ON GOING ELECTRO! i love my bse-bolt.....

i never worked with car paint before so plz help me bout the paintjob... what kind of oven did u use? i want to have a solid paintjob and not have it scratch up or none of that nonesense.

omg dont post again i have 707 posts and u got 606, we must be like long lost brothers or something! destiny is bringing us back together.

Edited by DacK44
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:38pm
Oops, sorry, I meant to address that.

What I did was spray down a half dozen or so coats of the base red paint. Followed it with 3 finishing coats of red and then 2 finishing coats of black allowing each coat to air dry before repainting.

Then I clear coated the whole shebang with a spray can of automotive clear coat from Wal-Mart.

Then I put all the painted parts into my regular house oven and brought the temp up to 250*F for about half an hour.

Turned the oven off and left the door open to cool everything down.

After that it was rock hard.

As for electro, I have a brandy new black 04 Vision Shocker with Free Flow bolt on my order list so I felt it wasn't necessary to electro the Tippmann.

Plus there is something very primal about a fully mech gun that tears.

Edited by SnakeEyes

PSU Paintball

DacK44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DacK44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:43pm

arent .... ehm...

im not sure if i dreampt this up, but wouldnt the air in the oven be toxic after baking something painted in the oven?? just curious! thats alot of coats... i was only planning on doing 2 light coats and then one final coat to get the shimmer on it cuz my paint is got sprinkles .

also with that toxic air thing, would it be safe to cook food in the oven after this whole procedure? i might just buy like a $10 toaster oven and do this instead....

Edited by DacK44
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:44pm
Pish, toxic, those fumes smelled happy to me.

But seriously, my house is a machine/paint shop first, living quarters next.

PSU Paintball

DacK44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DacK44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:47pm
oh, well since i still live with my parents i would guess it probably wouldnt be smart. i love happy fumes. my brother used car paint on his prolite, but im not sure if its cuz the metal wasnt right? too many layers or just didnt bake it, cuz that was like 2 months ago and u can still dig ur nail into it. its hard, but u can.
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:49pm
Yeah, originally I wasn't going to bake it, but when you bake it it changes the molecular lattice of the paint and makes it really hard.

Baking it is the trick.

PSU Paintball

bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:50pm
i dont like it.
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:54pm
Oh yeah, just did some trigger tests.

Trigger pull is now 6 ounces over 1.5 mm at the longest point. I believe I can drop the trigger weight down even more if I switch out the sear spring.

PSU Paintball

evil-98 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
evil 98 pwnz joo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil-98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 1:28am

i mean the trigger stop lol

not bad for a pull at that you can already run up over 13, mine is probally lighter but sounds good

im think about changing the sear it self. ill talk to you about it later

evil-vision

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic