Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Woodsball Milsim question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: would you prefer a woodsball milsim?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [77.42%]
7 [22.58%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
ms2013 View Drop Down
Strike 1: Political campaigning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodsball Milsim question
    Posted: 18 July 2004 at 2:52pm
hey guys. i'm finishing up my last year at George Mason, in Fairfax, Va. i'm doing a presentation on a business i intend to start, making low cost milsim markers with Tippmanns and Automags. I want to know how many people would prefer to play with a milsim. i appreciate your responses.

john.
ProLite M-16 18 AA
Ak47 A5 Egrip flatline
M-1 Garande Automag 18 AA
98C RT Thompson w/ Drum mag
A5 MP5, Egrip, Armson Phantom,Stock, 12gr
98C RT HK33 Flatline

UTTER DESTRUCTION OF QUIXTAR!
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 3:07pm
Personally I don't like milsim but, I'm sure you don't care. That business might do pretty well because I know alot of people who like milsim.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 5:45pm
i hate milsims but alot do like them so go for it

Edited by The Ho
I LIKE BIKES!
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 6:22pm
As long as its a good gun your milsim will do good.

Coming in May 2005!
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 7:32pm
personally, i think they are awesome.  but thats just me.
A5Mercenary View Drop Down
Turn your head and cough.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Mercenary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 9:27pm
I personally love milsims, if you can do it good luck, maybe I'll buy some of your work when you get goin
=Guns don't kill people, the government does=

C-I Paintball Demo Expert/Support Gunner/Tech Guy
flatlinesupreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlinesupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 11:58am
edited for old email address

Edited by flatlinesupreme - 09 June 2011 at 3:13pm
east coast ballas
not cal
if all else fails, improvise^^^^
a5, 16 in aa, gun camo, flatline, egrip),
ms2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 11:04pm
i've got a prototype of each:

Pro-lite M-16

A-5 AK-47, with flatline and E-grip

Automag M-1 Garand

98C Thompson with R/T, drum mag.

all work very well. i'm looking for venture capitalists to fund me for about $17,000, for ten of each.

my presentation went great, all your info was helpful.

john.
ProLite M-16 18 AA
Ak47 A5 Egrip flatline
98C RT HK33 Flatline

Shotbybothsides View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shotbybothsides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 1:01am

www.opsgear.com

I'd love to see you compete with these guys, they are the #1 tippmann mod company to date

"All you can hope for is the mercy of hell!"
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 1:07am
^^probably because they use the stuff they make for training, like serious training.  not some go out and play in the woods game.  although i like there stuff.  and good luck man, i hope it all goes well.  if i ever get around to buying milsim stuff and your selling, ill def. check you out.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 4:02am
You should be careful askin bout milsims in the Tippmann forum, theres 1000's of haters in here, most of them are speedballers who wanna look perty in them super brite jerseys and hopin to get one them "babes" in the magazines....did I say babes...I meant to say silicone bimbos.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 7:52am
Dude milsims are sweet! I would most likely buy one if you lowered there prices.Good luck.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
tippy_lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 11:57am
i dont like them but i wouldnt advise against starting a buisness for them since they are so popular.
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 12:43pm
Why did you go with the Thompson w/ Drum Mag?? The standard magazine is soooo much cooler. Plus, I'm slightly a lot confused on why the Autococker is the M-1 Garand, and the 98 C is the Thompson??? That kinda really doesn't make much sense...

Now I think if you really really want to be the coolest milsim in the world, you'll definitely need to check out http://www.opsgear.com
and make something else more modern to compete.

Plus, if you want to be Uber cool- make a K98 or 98K Mauser model. Maybe even a Bren Mk I or a Browning Machine Gun... ok need to stop wiping drool of the keyboard.

Oh, and check these out-
http://www.packrat-toyz.com/Paintball/wwii_custom_stuff.htm
http://home.att.net/~ericdengler/gunsl.htm
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
ms2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 12:13am
Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

Why did you go with the Thompson w/ Drum Mag?? The standard magazine is soooo much cooler. Plus, I'm slightly a lot confused on why the Autococker is the M-1 Garand, and the 98 C is the Thompson??? That kinda really doesn't make much sense...Now I think if you really really want to be the coolest milsim in the world, you'll definitely need to check out http://www.opsgear.comand make something else more modern to compete. Plus, if you want to be Uber cool- make a K98 or 98K Mauser model. Maybe even a Bren Mk I or a Browning Machine Gun... ok need to stop wiping drool of the keyboard.Oh, and check these out-http://www.packrat-toyz.com/Paintball/wwii_custom_stuff.htmhttp://home.att.net/~ericdengler/gunsl.htm

okay. first, it's the autoMAG, not autococker that's the M-1. Second, i am determined never to buy anything but raw materials, and work them into real, other than metal magazines, say for M-16'a, AK-47's. but stocks, forward handgrips, if i can make them, i will. i save money. you should try making some stuff sometimes. it's fun. working a piece of oak is very relaxing for me.

john.
ProLite M-16 18 AA
Ak47 A5 Egrip flatline
98C RT HK33 Flatline

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 12:24am
 Lmao.....this is freakin hilarious!!!!!!
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 7:28am
Oh AutoMAG... sorry read that wrong. Post some pics of your stuff- I'd like to see your Thompson and Garand.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 12:38pm

Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

...and make something else more modern to compete...

Who cares what era the guns were from, it's just a milsim copy. Tommy guns and M1 garands are classic WW2 weapons anyway. The M16 is probably the most commonly copied gun around, the MP5 and AK47 are becoming more common too. It's always nice to see some different guns so why not do some classics? Anyway, what I think would be cool is a MILSIM pistol that looks like a Beretta 92F or something like that. I haven't seen any MILSIM pistols so if you made one and fixed up the internals a little then I'm sure the MILSIM crowd would be interested. Good luck.

EDIT: Had an idea for the pistol too. Another thing that would make it cool is if the slide actually moved. On a real gun, the slide will fly back after a shot is fired and chamber the next round so why not simulate that too? Make the slide a separate piece that moves everytime the bolt moves. You could run it off of excess gas like the RT and cyclone or you could find a way to do it mechanically using the motion of the bolt.

Edited by mod98commando
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 12:43pm
milsims r awsome.. good luck man
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 1:12pm

im workin on a milsim field thats perfect for scenarios. i hope i culd open a milsim shop to, but i cant afford anything but a field. maybe i can test ur products?

o yeah any1 in northern illinois or southern wisconsin  can come to my field

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic