Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline Answers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
98sniper View Drop Down

Stike 1: Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 4:01am
wow another unhappy consumer. these r not rumors. i would reply back to the things but thats gettin out of hand. but its not as good as every one makes it sound like it is. i am warning people on what to expect. like i bet visirale heard it was the best hing in the world. now look he has seven paintballs break. thats why i am arguing. because there not all that people make them sound. people don't want to admit that they bought **edited**. you can't deny this because no one wants to go around telling people there stuff sucks. i have seen them do ok things, but a regular barrel would have done the same thing. it is mass produced so there will be flaws. but will a normal barrel its all done on lays. one piece, its hard to screw a normal barrel up compared to the flatline. that takes like three steps. the laying of the barrel, then the bend, an then the plastic foregrip.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 8:41am

Originally posted by Visirale Visirale wrote:

I've had my flatline for a month.. I'm definately not liking it. Something's wrong- or at least I hope so. I went out with about 50 balls in my backyard today and chopped about 7 of them. Not to mention the feed release is stuck, so I can't clean it out either, without completely taking the barrel out, which requires me to fetch allen wrenches...

The best thing about the barrel so far has been the entertainment provided by watching the erratic directions of the balls going through the dirty barrel.

So at the moment, I have a friend who wants to buy the barrel, and I am considering a normal barrel...

Any ideas on what could be wrong with my barrel?

Well, it is a mass produced product so you could have gotten a bad one. Also, you may have screwed up the installation process.

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 8:46am
98 sniper you might as well leave. all you're doing is repeating the same inaccurate facts over and over again. You say you don't want to piss people off, well, you are. You could possibly disuade woodsball players from buying one of the best upgrades they can get with your utterly wrong antifacts.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
The Undertaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 9:01am
u probably said this somewhere in the forums, but for the 98 flatline, which paint works the most efficient with the barrel, ive used many types, none of which i can say have made my play a more desirable act.  let me know brand/type of paint works best...thx
Death, Is Only The Beginning....
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 9:50am
..."well it is a mass produced product..."  as opposed to the barrell you bought, which was hand forged by elves in elvin fire with tiny elvin hammers one at a time?     As for using something that sucks, I don't care what I paid for it, if it didn't work, I certainly wouldn't keep using it to spite myself because of my HUGE EMBARRASMENT.  I need all the help I can get when I play so using faulty equipment would be one of those things I would try avoid.
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 11:25am
my muzzle keeps trying to slip off... i notice after a round of playing, its not on all the way anymore... how can i fix this so i dont loose my muzzle....?
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 2:10pm

Viserale, do you have the A5 flatline or the 98 flatline? The 98 version is much easier to mess up because the installation is more complicated but the A5 installation could be done by an infant. If you really can't get the thing to work then send it to tippmann and see if they can help you out. I'm sure they can get it working for you. And if that much paint is breaking then maybe you're not using good paint. Try using something from RPS such as marbs or PMI premium. Evil is also very good for the flatline. Your barrel is defective or the paint is bad if your results are so horrible because my flatline works very well. If it didn't work I would have found a newbie to buy it already and I would have gone back to my bigshot. And what is with everybody saying that the muzzle is falling off? Is that even possible? I know the A5 flatline has no muzzle to fall off but I thought the 98 flatline and the muzzle are one piece. If the elbow on your 98 will not detach then the screw going through the front site is most likely overtightened. Just loosen it up slightly and it'll work again.

Also, I think we should all specify which type of flatline we're talking about here since the A5 flatline and 98 flatline are slightly different and the A5 version is supposedly better. All the stuff I said applies to the A5 version. It sounds to me like everybody that is against the flatline has the 98 version which I wasn't too impressed with either.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 2:48pm
i have a 98 custom, and the actual barrel and the muzzle are 2 seperate pieces....
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 11:09pm
There's 3 parts, the barrel, shrould and barrel ring which screws into the threads; which one deadeye is loose?  If it's the plastic shrould then take a look at all the screws, mine is very snug, I see no movement in it at all, I have seen some not tighten the barrel ring (allen key ) and the barrel comes right out.
Visirale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Visirale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

Viserale, do you have the A5 flatline or the 98 flatline? The 98 version is much easier to mess up because the installation is more complicated but the A5 installation could be done by an infant. If you really can't get the thing to work then send it to tippmann and see if they can help you out. I'm sure they can get it working for you. And if that much paint is breaking then maybe you're not using good paint. Try using something from RPS such as marbs or PMI premium. Evil is also very good for the flatline. Your barrel is defective or the paint is bad if your results are so horrible because my flatline works very well. If it didn't work I would have found a newbie to buy it already and I would have gone back to my bigshot. And what is with everybody saying that the muzzle is falling off? Is that even possible? I know the A5 flatline has no muzzle to fall off but I thought the 98 flatline and the muzzle are one piece. If the elbow on your 98 will not detach then the screw going through the front site is most likely overtightened. Just loosen it up slightly and it'll work again.

Also, I think we should all specify which type of flatline we're talking about here since the A5 flatline and 98 flatline are slightly different and the A5 version is supposedly better. All the stuff I said applies to the A5 version. It sounds to me like everybody that is against the flatline has the 98 version which I wasn't too impressed with either.

I'm using the 98 custom. I bought it used with the flatline on it. It did it when I first got it, so I took it off and totally reinstalled it... and it still does it.

I've never used anything but Marbs. So I doubt it's the paint...

Perhaps a call to tippmann is in store?
We are the fossils,
The relics of our time,
We mutilate the meanings,
So they're easy to deny...
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 11:36pm

i have an A-5 witha flatline it works great better than my dye in range slightly key word there slightly worse in accuracy i think it works great worth every penny if yours doesnt work right send t in get a new one if that doesnt work send t in get a new one if that one doesnt work i think you are majorly screwing something up the flatline works great end of story

[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2004 at 10:07am
im still not sure what to do to get the muzzle to stay on... maybe some glue or something... electrical tape?
killernoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killernoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2004 at 11:01am
Originally posted by MROD MROD wrote:

Originally posted by Visirale Visirale wrote:

I've had my flatline for a month.. I'm definately not liking it. Something's wrong- or at least I hope so. I went out with about 50 balls in my backyard today and chopped about 7 of them. Not to mention the feed release is stuck, so I can't clean it out either, without completely taking the barrel out, which requires me to fetch allen wrenches...

The best thing about the barrel so far has been the entertainment provided by watching the erratic directions of the balls going through the dirty barrel.

So at the moment, I have a friend who wants to buy the barrel, and I am considering a normal barrel...

Any ideas on what could be wrong with my barrel?

Well, it is a mass produced product so you could have gotten a bad one. Also, you may have screwed up the installation process.

He installed it wrong.  In order for the feed release to get stuck, he over tightened the screw above where the barrel goes in and didn't tighten the one below it enough. I usually tighten the bottom one all the way down, and then tighten the top one until the release doesnt work, then back it it out 1/4 turn. 

Also, you need to be certain you have the adapter screwed in all the way, but still lined up straight.  Then put the barrel all the way in.  You may have to push really hard for it to slide in all the way.  There is an area on the bottom of the adapter where you can see the barrel when it is slid in all the way, it should be nearly closed off.
I make all my own mods.
98sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 12:04am
mrod: they are accurate and what makes you think your not doing the same as i am. you promote the flatline and i tell people that its not worth the money. you r doin the same thing. you could be telling people that there the best go out and by one. then there out alot of money that they could have bought a response and tear drop. (i might add that my teardrop is awsome on my 98, i cover peoples paint up at about 30 40 feet maybe a lil more. man another victim of the flatline. i bet i can hit something as far and more accurate than your flatline. i have proved this be for.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
98sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 12:18am
i always thought sniping was mostly accuracy. being abe to put a shoot where you want it. i bet i can out shoot any flatline with my teardrop at any range. if your accuracy is good you can lob stuff very accurate.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
FlatlinePwnage View Drop Down
Guested - S-Bomb & spamming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatlinePwnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:14am
deffinetally g-unit
Tippmann 98 Custom
Flatline Barrel System
Pistol (james bond style)

and i can still shoot further than ur 1500$ guns
98sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 2:10pm
 flatlinepwnage you might not be able to shoot further than our 15004 guns, and not as fast.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
Sniper06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sniper06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:57pm

I have used the flatline for a year and mine is not that consistant. It works fine sometimes and then the others, lets just say I'm sitten out a few games tring to fix it.

MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 3:00pm
So your impaired and can't do a simple thing like install it.

Coming in May 2005!
Killer Kitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killer Kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by 98sniper 98sniper wrote:

mrod: they are accurate and what makes you think your not doing the same as i am. you promote the flatline and i tell people that its not worth the money. you r doin the same thing. you could be telling people that there the best go out and by one. then there out alot of money that they could have bought a response and tear drop. (i might add that my teardrop is awsome on my 98, i cover peoples paint up at about 30 40 feet maybe a lil more. man another victim of the flatline. i bet i can hit something as far and more accurate than your flatline. i have proved this be for.

30 to 40?! your kidding me thats all you get thats like dealing range lol i can get way more then that with my flat line and i still yet to have a prob with it. i think im geting up to 200 feet maybe even more and i think any barrel can get 100 at least what are you doing wrong maybe not shoting right lol tip the gun up if you dont have a flat lol maybe you get more then you can spit :P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic