FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline Answers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by CWS_PhaLanX CWS_PhaLanX wrote:

... The Spyder was outshooting the A-5 in accuracy and distance. I don't even think the A-5 was hitting the advertised 150 ft. even with lobbing paint.

This incorrect statement brings the rest of your post into doubt.

Agreed, in fact, most questionable\least helpfull thread I've read on flatty's ever.
Virndogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virndogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 10:15am
"my barrel came bent"? ha ha   isnt the barrel supposed to be bent so it gives the ball backspin?
Strikes come before free paint. Remember this.

No more advertising -Seb
Virndogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virndogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 10:17am

straight from this website:

The Flatline Barrel System is the first production back spin barrel ever produced. The principle behind the system is Tippmann's newly designed slightly curved barrel, which applies centrifugal force to the ball, creating backspin.

Strikes come before free paint. Remember this.

No more advertising -Seb
snipe66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snipe66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 12:08pm

What type of paint is usable with the flatline? I know marbilizers and Zap are recommended, but what are some other options?

That Sniper couldnt hit the broad side of a.. SPLAT...
Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 2:31pm

From my experiences playing with and against the flatline I've concluded that it is a wonderful barrel for people to have. As a matter of fact, when I go to play at the rec field by me, nothing would make me happier then to see everyone with the flatline.

I would of course, prefer to keep my current barrel.

Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

dragon21001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon21001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 9:41am
In relation to my barrel shroud, the actual barrel is off center.  Is this normal of do i need to adjust the shroud to center the barrel?
neokid170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neokid170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 7:12pm
Some more help

Im really sorry if this has been answered, i tried to read through the thread but there was quite a bit:
( for 98 custom )
I just installed my new flatline, along with a CAR stock and a remote.
but yeh, I went outside to try it out, and there is no, to even worse a difference.
The balls would sort of dribble out kinda, they barely made it to a tree afew feet away.

the barrel is in to about an inch away from the base thing.. I also put in a touble trigger, any idea whats wrong?

Great thread by the way, and thanks in advance for the help.
I am looking for players in CT and Mass
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 3:43am
Originally posted by snipe66 snipe66 wrote:

What type of paint is usable with the flatline? I know marbilizers and Zap are recommended, but what are some other options?

Marballizer is good, I have found that All Star shoots as well or better in my 98C...but the COST of that paint. Lately I have been hitting the deal from <888paintball.com> of 5 cases for $150. The usual paint, though you may get others, has been Diablo Heat. Heat drops the .683 hole in my ball sizer. You cannot get much smaller than that. I have been using a Hammerhead barrel for a few weeks now and found the Heat works well, but at this small size I decided to set up the Flatline again to test it.

Wow, the Heat shot as well as any of my previous tests with All Star. The only thing negative I have to say is that the Heat seems to have a coating or contaminant that eventually appears to deposit on the inside of my Flatline. When the paint starts to shoot erratically, a lot of fliers, I have to clean the barrel with alcohol or something like Windex Multi-Surface cleaner and my squeegee (or plain hot water if it is available). Just running the swab or squeegee does no good as there is no paint deposit...it is something else that makes the inside of the barrel look slick and take on the color of the ball (not the color of the paint inside the ball). I had the same problem with Blaze.

This problem takes almost 1000 shots to show up after I clean the barrel well. For the price of the paint ($30 vs. $65 per case) I'll just clean the barrel more often. BTW, in over 6000 rounds fired I have yet to break Heat in the action or in the barrel. (never broke All Star either)

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 3:50am

Originally posted by neokid170 neokid170 wrote:

Some more help

Im really sorry if this has been answered, i tried to read through the thread but there was quite a bit:
( for 98 custom )
I just installed my new flatline, along with a CAR stock and a remote.
but yeh, I went outside to try it out, and there is no, to even worse a difference.
The balls would sort of dribble out kinda, they barely made it to a tree afew feet away.

the barrel is in to about an inch away from the base thing.. I also put in a touble trigger, any idea whats wrong?

What paint are you using? The barrel should be snug up against the chamber of the receiver...no gap between the receiver and the barrel! The installation instructions actually say tap it with a rubber mallet to seat it. Have you tried turning the velocity up? Send it to Tippmann Custom and they can set it up properly for you...probably at no cost.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank
CWS_PhaLanX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CWS_PhaLanX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

... The Spyder was outshooting the A-5 in accuracy and distance. I don't even think the A-5 was hitting the advertised 150 ft. even with lobbing paint.

Agreed, in fact, most questionable\least helpfull thread I've read on flatty's ever.

Confucius say (and Newton as well):  Two paintball guns set to the same velocity will shoot the same distance using the same paint (unless one has Flatline/Z-Body or other similar device)

The only reason your Spyder was shooting further than your A-5 was because you were shooting hotter.  When set to the same velocity, all guns shoot the same distance.

DUH!! Clark Kent!! Try reading the post again! It's a good thing you didn't name yourself Superman!!

If you both read the entire post, then you would see that I also stated that I bought the A-5 from ebay, and when it arrived, the velocity adjustment was turned all the way down, hence the reason the Spyder was outshooting the A-5 with flatline. I suggest not just reading posts, but making sure you understand them before making replies. It was not meant to be a "technical" thread trying to help someone with their marker, it was basically saying don't buy into the negative hype, and try what people are saying in these posts before coming to a negative opinion about the flatline (unless your on the other end of one).

...After doing some more reading, I started playing with the velocity adjustment. Turns out the moron I bought the gun from had it turned almost all the way down!!!!!!

FYI...I since adjusted the velocity and switched to marbs. It now kicks the Spyder's @$$.  

SO!! JohnnyCanuck and Clark Kent eat your words. Doubt my post all you want. Your saying

Confucius say (and Newton as well):  Two paintball guns set to the same velocity will shoot the same distance using the same paint (unless one has Flatline/Z-Body or other similar device)"

Not true (entirely). Only 2 IDENTICAL paintball guns set to the same velocity, from the same type of source, will shoot the same distance. You have too many other variables to consider for that statement to be true when it comes to paintball. There is regulated and non regulated, HPA vs. CO2, Barrel length, barrel type, low pressure, high pressure, differences in paint. Still too many variables.

Here's one for ya, and it proves you didn't read the origional post very well.

Confucious say: It is better to not speak and let people think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it!!!

Edited by CWS_PhaLanX
A-5 w/ RT
Flatline w/ SD FX Shroud
Flatline Quick Change Kit
DOP Double Trigger
Shocktech Supafly Bolt
Maddman Spring kit
Polished Internals
ACI Remote
tinyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:52am
what is the cheapest and the best paint for the flatline?
Darth_Sicetus View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth_Sicetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:44pm

Younglings:

I have a 98 Custom with a 14 in Progressive barrel. I primarily play woodsball / scenario games and am thinking about a flatline. I play sort of as a sneaky type sniper. I have also considered an 18 in All American.

Any suggestions?

Darth_Sicetus View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth_Sicetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:47pm

tinyman:

I've been hearing mostly that small bore paint does the trick. I'd recomend Big Ball. It's good paint and a good deal @ 40 - 45 dollars per case.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic