Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline Answers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
VaNDaLiZe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaNDaLiZe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 2:44pm
My friend was wondering if rocket cock 2 interferes with the installation of the 98 custom flatline. Could someone tlel me if this is true or not? Thanks
Tippmann A-5
Flatline Barrel
Response Trigger
Expansion Chamber
68cu Crossfire Fiber Wraped

tony d. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony d. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 2:47pm

I know you are talkin about somethin else but can anyone tell me what the response trigger does???

jrod1321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod1321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 1:06pm
i was wondering for the longest time...... can you put an a-5 flatline on a 98c with a barrel adapter?
Evil PIMP
Smart Parts ION
2-98 customs
Ariakon Sim4
Ariakon Overlord
Mech DragunFly
jedistud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jedistud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 3:33am
i've been thinking of upgrading my 98 custom with the flatline barrel.  I'm trying to decide if i should just buy the barrel and install it on the gun i already own, or get the sniper package so I can change the style of playing easily.  right now I'm leaning more towards getting the sniper package.  what should i do as far as convience and the performance of the flatline?
Wanna know where ice cream really comes from?
My Link
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 8:30am
Originally posted by jrod1321 jrod1321 wrote:

i was wondering for the longest time...... can you put an a-5 flatline on a 98c with a barrel adapter?
No, No you cant.

Originally posted by jedistud jedistud wrote:

i've been thinking of upgrading my 98 custom with the flatline barrel. I'm trying to decide if i should just buy the barrel and install it on the gun i already own, or get the sniper package so I can change the style of playing easily. right now I'm leaning more towards getting the sniper package. what should i do as far as convience and the performance of the flatline?
You can buy the parts of the sniper package seperatly and it will be much cheaper.

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
tuil123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuil123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2005 at 8:52am
I know this may sound stupid but is there any way other than a chronograph or whatever it is called to get your velocity around 270fps i just got the flatline for my a5 and it shoots good and alot farther than my 16 progressive barrel but i just need to get it around 270fps any help would be veryuseful thanks
St. Jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St. Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by VaNDaLiZe VaNDaLiZe wrote:

My friend was wondering if rocket cock 2 interferes with the installation of the 98 custom flatline. Could someone tlel me if this is true or not? Thanks

I have these both. You may have to sand down one a little but it will otherwise work properly.

jedistud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jedistud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 12:31am
thanks for the advice "You Won't See Me," i'll probably buy the parts and install them myself.  kind of gives your gun a unique sense when you put it together yourself, ya know?

Edited by jedistud
Wanna know where ice cream really comes from?
My Link
DflyNchimp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DflyNchimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 11:59pm
definitely  cooler when you self upgrade. and for my opinion on the flatlines:

The A-5 flatline is easier to install and fine-tune/use, plus it's much more compact than the 98c flatline. And yes, it's VERY accurate.

The 98c barrel can be a very good buy, but only if you calibrate it just right, some of my friends love it, others hate it, I've shot a few, and there does seem to be some fluctuation in the accuracy from gun to gun)

overall tho, I's say that the flatline is not for everyone, it really does depend on your style of play. I own a 98c but I decided to buy a generic PMI Razor 14" barrel instead of the flatline (I was lacking in cash, and my experience with the 98c flatline had been inconsistent)
silence is golden, ducktape is silver
Astroman1296 View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astroman1296 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 10:35am

I am going to get an A5 and i really enjoy sniping and i am pretty good at it, but i'm un sure if I should get a flatline barrel or one of the "sniper" 12'' or 14". 

Which should i get? COMMENTS?

tuil123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuil123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 1:56pm
i have the flatline on my a5 and love it the only bad thing is that paint is kind of expensive other than that easy to install and shoots great
colddawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colddawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 10:24am
I come in on the side of having some troubles with the flatline.... it was a
tad bit innacurate.. and I really think some of it was the fact that I
installed it myself, or maybe it was a paint problem. I dunno, it ended up
on e-bay, and now I run a 12" JJ ceramic.

However, the extra range was nice... and if I ever drop the coin for an A-5
I will get it with a flatline.

I am looking into one of those 98 RT's. they look pretty sweet.
98 Custom
JJ Ceramic 12 Barrell
(now a lapco 14 Big Shot as well )
Pro Team Power Feed
EC
Rocket Cock
Double Trigger
12 & 20 oz Tank

Whats Next

12V VL Revolution
Drop Forward
tinyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 12:07pm

hi

just how hard is it to install the flatline

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by tinyman tinyman wrote:

hi

just how hard is it to install the flatline

• A5-easy
  • 98-a bit more challenging; a couple of folks (myself included) posted on that earlier in this very thread
CWS_PhaLanX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CWS_PhaLanX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 2:17pm
FYI...I have to say from first hand experience that, for those of you thinking about buying a flatline for your A-5, listen to those who are telling you to work with it and tune your gun to the barrel, as well as try different paint. I straight up bought the A-5 with the flatline. I wanted to have the best gun with the best barrel for woodsball. I bought the A-5 on ebay used (got a great deal, if you don't have the $$$ to buy it at an online store, ebay is the way) as well as the flatline new with the SD F/X Shroud already on it. For those wanting to know about getting a better shroud, this is it, or check the new Raider shroud on OPSGEAR that has the Weaver rails already on it (very cool looking). Anyway, I got the A-5 first and to be honest, I was disappointed with it. I already had a Spyder TLX and right out of the box kicked the A-5's @ss. The Spyder was outshooting the A-5 in accuracy and distance. I don't even think the A-5 was hitting the advertised 150 ft. even with lobbing paint. I figured that would change when I got the flatline. When I got the flatline, I installed it immediately and tried it out. I noticed improvement already, but was still disappointed. I still had to lob paint to get distance, and it wasn't that accurate. Then I signed up on this forum and started reading. After reading some posts about the A-5 and the Flatline and started tweaking. First of all, I started off shooting that lame walmart paint, so I stopped off at a paintball store and got some RPS Premiums. I shot a few of those and noticed an immediate difference. I didn't chop or barrel break any of the Walmart paint, it just was not getting the accuracy or distance. After shooting the RPS paint, I noticed I could hit targets more consistently, was getting better distance, just not the advertised distance. After doing some more reading, I started playing with the velocity adjustment. Turns out the moron I bought the gun from had it turned almost all the way down!!!!!! Once I started adjusting the velocity, I started getting the advertised difference. Basically I started from where it was at, then opened the adjustment 1/2 turn at a time then firing 3-5 shots (for those who do not believe, try this method and you will see for yourself). I instantly saw a difference with each 1/2 turn. Finally, I took a shovel and a 5 gallon bucket, paced out 150ft., put the shovel in the ground and the bucket on top. Out of 10 shots, I only hit the bucket 3 times BUT, mind you this is WITHOUT the gun being chrono'd. Mind you, I was actually very happy with the results. Why?? you say? Because even though I was not quite getting the accuracy, every shot that missed went past the bucket went past at least another 100ft.!!! The only reason I think I was missing the bucket was because the velocity was too high. Most that missed were dead on target, but would then curve up, or to the left and right. SO, I am taking it this weekend to put it on the chrono and will repost with the results. This coming from a newbie, but a newbie who's smart enough to do research before juming in head first in and making stupid comments. Confucious say: It is better to not speak and let people think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it!!!
A-5 w/ RT
Flatline w/ SD FX Shroud
Flatline Quick Change Kit
DOP Double Trigger
Shocktech Supafly Bolt
Maddman Spring kit
Polished Internals
ACI Remote
DflyNchimp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DflyNchimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 11:51pm
wow that was a long post

yeah, flatlines operate the best in the 270fps-290fps range, any slower and the paint wont break in targets and any faster you'll start seeing barrel breaks or balls curving up

Edited by DflyNchimp
silence is golden, ducktape is silver
flyingWjustin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingWjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 4:00pm
i have found that the best balls to use are the marbs. i went out and split the money with a few buddies and got 500 of just about every above average ball out there (no wrek balls) and tried them the blazes worked really well and so did the premiums the evils just sucked bad the like to bust and not go straight. the allstars were about as good as the blaze. the marbs out shot all of them in distance and at long range they were super accurate. i did this test with my A-5 flatline no response and my gun was shooting at 273fps.
house View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote house Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 2:03pm
nice post, i dont know why people have to be such b1tches about the flatline, and say oh it sucks or oh i hate it. its an awesome barrel, best one i think on the market for the 98 or A5

Edited by house
CWS_PhaLanX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CWS_PhaLanX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 9:59am
Yeah, haven't tried marbs yet, that's next. I wanted to shoot something other than just marbs to have something to compare them to. So far though, it seems as if any RPS paint shoots fine.
A-5 w/ RT
Flatline w/ SD FX Shroud
Flatline Quick Change Kit
DOP Double Trigger
Shocktech Supafly Bolt
Maddman Spring kit
Polished Internals
ACI Remote
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 2:36pm

Originally posted by CWS_PhaLanX CWS_PhaLanX wrote:

... The Spyder was outshooting the A-5 in accuracy and distance. I don't even think the A-5 was hitting the advertised 150 ft. even with lobbing paint.

This incorrect statement brings the rest of your post into doubt.

Confucius say (and Newton as well):  Two paintball guns set to the same velocity will shoot the same distance using the same paint (unless one has Flatline/Z-Body or other similar device)

The only reason your Spyder was shooting further than your A-5 was because you were shooting hotter.  When set to the same velocity, all guns shoot the same distance.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic