FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYour Velocity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ItalianStallion View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Horse what??

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Velocity
    Posted: 16 July 2004 at 1:17am

Ok I gotta know this its bothering me... the Maddmann spring kit it gives you a lighter drive spring, does this decrease your velocity?? and the powertube velocity adjuster, when you turn your velocity up does your accuracy get worse?? lower, it gets better?? where should i have my powertube velocity?? screwed in? screwed out?? If you know please help me out here.

Reviews may be harsh,But all IMO,so dont get offended.I just say what I think of your gun.You posted it for review rite?
Dont get somethin worse just cuz it cost less,save and get somethin good!
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 7:19am
About the velocity and accuracy: Lower velocity doesn't make it more accurate. 280 fps (uhh I think thats the right unit) is the best velocity. Anything over will decrease your accuracy as well as anything lower.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
LordJovian View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 9:13am
The main drive spring does two things: it pushes the sear bolt into the valve (the force from this spring + the valve spring determine how long it's opened) and the spring must not have too much tension to allow the sear to return from the gas blowing back. The velocity screw blocks/ unblocks the amount of the air going toward the ball.

Think of it like a boomerang (minus the coming back part)- if you throw it too lightly it ain't going nowhere. If you throw it too hard it's gonna fly wildly in the general direction you threw it.

The accuracy, based on velocity of the ball, is shaped like a bell curve with about 280 being the peak.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 9:40am
You want your accuracy around the 280fps range.  Anything that is a lot higher isnt safe and you will have horrible accurcy.  Anything that is a lot lower will make you ball go short.
ItalianStallion View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Horse what??

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 1:06pm
OK so a lighter drive spring does give it less velocity but you can counter that with the velocity screw?
Reviews may be harsh,But all IMO,so dont get offended.I just say what I think of your gun.You posted it for review rite?
Dont get somethin worse just cuz it cost less,save and get somethin good!
S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 1:33pm
Yes.

A stock tippmann, the exact same amount of gas is released everytime you shoot the gun, no matter what the velocity setting is. The allen VAS (velocity adjustment screw) just blocks/causes turbulance which effects the ball speed.

Since the stock spring is heavier than it needs to be, most people have their VAS screwed in most the way, or only 1-3 turns out. Because of this, there is a lot of wasted air since most of the air being released is blocked by this screw.

Putting in a lighter main (drive) spring will decrease the velocity. But, you are then able to unscrew the VAS most of the way, so then little of the air is wasted. When you unscrew the VAS most of the way, very little of the air is blocked, thus increasing velocity back to where it should be, and increasing air efficiency.
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 1:38pm
Stick with stock internals.

Coming in May 2005!
S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 1:53pm
I can't disagree more. For bolts and sears, keep um the same. For the springs, change them all but the sear spring. Pen spring for the trigger return spring, lighter drive spring.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic