FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If you were elected President of USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 5:21pm

*Edit*why not make it manditory that all immigrants be able to complete an in-depth/complex english test

no offense, but in America, english was spoken first, i dont really see why i need to learn spanish, ect. to be able to communicate. *there maybe my point was easier seen*

VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 5:24pm

umm who says we HAVE to learn spanish. The majority of the people speak english. No one is forcing you to speak spanish. You my friend have one warpped view on reality.

WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 5:28pm

well, i am just saying if i wanted to speak to (prob exaggeration-->)1/3 of america then i would need to learn spanish

lukeylouk View Drop Down
y r u wrid abtu grmar? i cn spel fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukeylouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 5:40pm
i would borrow get a whole bunch of nukes from
differnt places. "don't ask how" than i would build a
raft out of the nukes and than go down some white
water rapids!

forget about spanish

Edited by lukeylouk

Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 5:50pm
Yea i understand what you mean...i live in California.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

well, i am just saying if i wanted to speak to (prob exaggeration-->)1/3 of america then i would need to learn spanish

Yeah - it sucks to have to learn stuff.  I prefer to stay ignorant.

**GHOST** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **GHOST** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 10:52pm
Belt#2 for president.
By the time you see me, you will have already been hit.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 12:47am

Yes Clark, I have a bit of communism in me.

I think we should be made to learn a second language, how do you think foreign countries such as Japan and Germany do so well with international tourism and commerce, not to mention education. It's because they must learn English as a second language. I think we should have the same type of law, but with Spanish.

Tae Kwon Doe and Dune for President 2020

Bass654321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bass654321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 5:30am
If I were president, Jenna Jameson would become the first female vice president.
"You have to be trusted, by the people that you lied to. So that when they turn their backs on you, you'll get the chance to put the knife in."

Pink Floyd- Dogs
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 5:49am

why not stop immigration all together?

no offense, but in America we spoke english first, we dont speak spanish and i dont thik we should have to learn spanish. just my thoughts

You wouldn't happen to be in a fraternity called Kappa Kappa Kappa, would you?
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 7:46am
Nice one Homer.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Yes Clark, I have a bit of communism in me.

I think we should be made to learn a second language, how do you think foreign countries such as Japan and Germany do so well with international tourism and commerce, not to mention education. It's because they must learn English as a second language. I think we should have the same type of law, but with Spanish.

Not sure if the communism and the language comments are related, or if the language comment was directed at me...?

In any event, while Germans are often skilled in language, I think you seriously overestimate the language skills of the Japanese.  You also, in my experience, seriously overestimate the business value of non-English language skills.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 10:24am
I know quite a bit about the Japanese culture, especially their business culture, and I know that English is very important to them. However, just the communism comment was towards you. I believe it would be important for Americans to learn another language, but what language would be up to our government.
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 10:26am
^^Commie...
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 10:41am

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I believe it would be important for Americans to learn another language, but what language would be up to our government.

I am also in favor of people learning stuff, including languages.  But why is this the government's business?  We already speak the most pervasive language on the planet - any additional language learned would only serve specialty purposes.  Our situation is unlike that of any other country, excepting Canada (to the extent that this is really a country).  We already have a massive uni-lingual economy of our own, and we already speak the lingua franca of business.

As a result, there is no single second language that is the correct choice for Americans to learn, unlike in Germany or Japan, where learning English is the obvious choice for international communication.

In the US, many people might want/need to learn Spanish, but for other large groups that would be a waste of time.

If the government starts mandating additional language training in schools, there should at a minimum be a selection of languages offered.  Otherwise we might almost as well be teaching ancient Greek.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 11:07am

I'd allow a select few of you to speedball through the corridors of the white house.

Then paint and rename said white house, calling it the "Jay's Palace"

Then, it's down to business.

~The major gun freaks like belt would be locked away. For a long time.

~The criminal policy in this country would be thus: For a felony, you're beaten by the victims of your crime until you're confined to a wheelchair for the rest of your life. For a misdemeanor, you're beaten by the victims of your crime until you need a colonostopy bag.

~As soon as a child hits puberty, they are given a basic intelligence/common sense test. If they fail, they are sterilized to prevent them from breeding more stupid people like the smart parts executives.

Sam Adams will become the National Drink.

Every town and public institution will have a designated government employee who carries a wiffle ball bat. If someone does something stupid, they are punished by this official who shall administer blows with the bat. Citizens are encouraged to rat out their stupid friends, as it's always funny to watch someone else get beaten.

International policy goes as such:

We pull out of Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. and tell them "One more screw up, one more crime against humanity, and we come back...and when we leave, I'm pretty sure you won't be happy."

Canada and England are to be treated with the utmost respect (except the french canadians) Just because they're awesome. We will also send money to Ireland....because it's awesome.

Background checks for gun posession will be alot more grueling than it is now, and the wait period will be just as long. If you have nothing to hide, why gripe about a background check? huh? Anything more serious than a traffic ticket, you'd better start playing with Nerf guns, because that's all you're gonna get.

Also, before owning a firearm, even if the background check clears, you take an intelligence exam. Fail it and it's a no go on the guns. You'll be given a lollipip and a kick in the genitals for being stupid.

Let's see......

Paintball will be introduced in schools as mandatory. It is after all, a terriffic team building activity. If you don't work as a team, you get hurt. I like how that works.

Teachers will recieve more money for having to put up with some of the little cretins that parents have spawned. They will also be allowed to carry wiffle ball bats for the same aforementioned reason.

High school students will be given more, harder work, which they will do well on, or stay in high school forever. The influx of morons into college will end.

I will appoint an official scapegoat, so when things go wrong, I will have someone to blame, so my administration will not suffer. I'm thinking Dave Ellis will fit this position perfectly.

I will also have a presidential smartass. He will be directly responsible for verbally chastizing stupid people. Enos has first pick of this job.

I guess I'll need legitimate laws somewhere....Rambino is responsible for that. I don't know if I'll listen to him, but he'll have a job at least.

One random forumer will be executed.

So my ideas are slightly juvenile in nature, but what the heck...even us old folks have to have SOME fun now and then.

Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 12:55pm
^^  That was brilliant...
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

lol

VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

lol

Starting with Ilovepaintball1.

PROCARBINEϗ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROCARBINEϗ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 4:12pm
O man I've got it so basically you get the whole country to be interested in the same thing but have different views on some issues within this certain interest.  Then we will have a few people with 4 uhh *patches* that are all mighty and wise and try to help.  Then people with 3 *patches* that are most of the time helpful but sometimes return to the ways of the 2 *patches*.  Which brings me to the 2 *patches* that very alot, some are very smart and help the common forumer... i mean citizen but some are very mean and cruel to those who might not be as smart.  Then there are the regular 1 *patch* people that are probably the most diverse, some try and learn some try to teach, some live to flame... I mean put down, some are just not very smart and some are very smart but do not know much about this certian "interest".  Well I think we all know what I speak of just thought I'd write what I thought.

Note: If you do flame me, which is your choice what honestly will you be accomplishing?  We will never come in contact and it will not earn you credibility and if you do it just for fun well maybe there is something wrong with you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic