Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Homebrew drop FWD and RT system (56k ok)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
<Ridd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <Ridd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 10:20am

No...that is not true...

Look at the pic below. This is a gta r/t kit. While plugging the hole with my thumb and while trying to force the piston down STRAIGHT into the tubing with my other finger..it's really hard to do,in fact you can't do it, but when you put the piston at any angle inside the tubing, there will be aire leakage. The 2nd pic actually shows how well the specially shaped gasket/oring? prevents air leakage.

Edited by <Ridd
killernoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killernoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 11:00am
The guide on the gun's handle keeps the piston straight, it is a very close fit.  I'll cut another gasket today to see if that helps a little. The one I cut before was with scissors and it is not perfect. 

The plunger is an aluminum post screw, it is basically what looks like a large nail, but what would be the sharp end is cut off, threaded, and has a screw in it. 

I'll see about the gasket today.
I make all my own mods.
pballer1504 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballer1504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 1:03pm

lol it the next macgyver. very nice job on the upgrade man. keep up the good work.

Shocker-stock,for now
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Godfather1504
mostly play halo 2
favorite quote: "for those who said this day would never come, what are they to say now."
<Ridd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <Ridd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 1:22pm

I think so too...

I just I wished I had thought of it first!

Did you ever made those changes yet? Or got some C02?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killernoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 3:13pm
Not yet, I would go today but I have to work :(
I make all my own mods.
maroon out View Drop Down
Not "moron" - Geez!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maroon out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 3:29pm
I talked to your boss.

He said to go home for the day. And then to go get some co2.
Watch your thoughts they become words
Watch your words they become actions
Watch your actions they become habits
Watch your habits they become character
Watch your character it becomes your destin
Die-Trying View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Die-Trying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 3:31pm

See what boredom can accomplish. Keep up the good work.

to bad i already bought my r-t.

Ion
sanded and bondo'd body
Orange painted body and frame
Dead On Bullet Drop
Evo II
68/4500 crossfire
Evil pipe kit with ultra tip

<Ridd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <Ridd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 3:45pm

Maroon Out..Thanks for the laugh..

I needed it today!

I'm just curious what are the "actual" fab costs to make the GTA RT. I know there is other factors as well (advertising, etc.) But think about it. Look at the parts and tell me it doesn't cost more than 10-20 bucks..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killernoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 10:03pm
It doesnt cost more than 10-20 bucks.. Actually, with mass production I'll bet it is less than 5.
I make all my own mods.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killernoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2004 at 12:25pm
Ok, just an update:

Took apart my gun today and updated the sealing system on the piston.  Now there is a much more airtight seal and there is resistance when the hole is blocked and the piston is very tough to move when doing so.  The actuation is much stickier now, but when the RT is going I guess it doesnt matter much.  Now I gotta wait for the epoxy to dry so I can test it out, but I have to work 3-11 tonight, so I'll update again tomorrow. 

Edited by killernoodle
I make all my own mods.
maroon out View Drop Down
Not "moron" - Geez!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maroon out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2004 at 12:59pm
I'm still confused as to what you made the plunger out of.

Gasket? Rubber washer? Somehow mounted an o-ring?

Picture maybe?
Watch your thoughts they become words
Watch your words they become actions
Watch your actions they become habits
Watch your habits they become character
Watch your character it becomes your destin
Trigga Nometry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigga Nometry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2004 at 1:19pm

That's some good work!  Real good post!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killernoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2004 at 1:23pm
I'll post a picture of the finished revision so people dont go trying to make a crappy one.  It is made of rubber, but the previous rubber became soft when it was used, making it useless.  I gtg to work now, but I'll post either tonight or tomorrow morning.
I make all my own mods.
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2004 at 1:45pm
nice jop
crazedloon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazedloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2004 at 2:44pm

what did you epoxy

sweet mod by the way

98CustomPerson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98CustomPerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2004 at 9:09pm
Do you have to buy a new powertube for this mod? I know when you buy the r/t, it comes with a new one. What's different between the two?
By the way, great idea on the r/t. It stinks that I just spent 6 hours trying to get the LED light mod going. Now that it is working, I'm going to have to take it out.
Also, the GTA r/t comes with a stronger sear spring to keep up with the bolt moving at faster rates. Will we need to do purchase that from Tippmann?

If you've tested it out, or even a beta model, please tell how it works.

Edited by 98CustomPerson
alaskanpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alaskanpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 10:54pm
I know this is an old toppic but could someone show me pics of this homade responce trigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alaskanpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 10:55pm

how do you adjust the speed or the response

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alaskanpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 10:51pm
could someone please respond
Ice1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 2:13am

i know this is an old topic but the guy who made the RT, could you please re-host al your images? try imgspot.com they have always served me well and my sig has been hosted with them for about a year

thanks

Ice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic