Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDo you think "snipers" are real?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Poll Question: Do you think "snipers" are real?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
731 [61.69%]
454 [38.31%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Betterdays View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2004 at 1:16pm

Wow, five whole pages of acrimony all over the word sniper, plus a second thread running concurrent to this one. Sheesh, and as far as I can tell the whole arguement is really over the definition of the word.

Everyone agrees there aren't true snipers, not as defined by the military anyway (this is obvious because paintball markers can't simulate a true sniper rifle.)

So what's left? A debate whether or not a well executed ambush from concealment by a single player makes a sniper...I don't think so. Why? Because if two or more people team up and do the very same thing its just an ambush...and also a great deal more effective. The need to give specific individual honorifics seems to me excessive.

Edited by Betterdays
*-Badger-* View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 8:05pm
wow.. that took about 25-30 minutes to read.. all 6 pages.. and now I have the same view... I believe myself a sniper, I do not believe i am a sniper(military sniper) i have my own definition like so many others, just because someone calls themselves a sniper does not mean they are a nub, im not a nub, only been playing 2 years but ive played with the good and the bad, cheaters and the... non-cheaters. I have my names for the diff players on different fields in different games and with different guns. I am just stating my opinion but this sniper stuff is . If someone calls themselves a sniper dont flame them or anything, thats just how they define the way they play in certain games or field, and oldsoldier may have had 22 yrs or somewhere around there in the military(sorry about how many yrs didnt feel like quoting) but that doesnt make him god, if you define yourself a sniper by your style, then your a sniper. thats it. thats everything. thats all there is too it. btw, oldsoldier is more childish than any other 13-17yr old i have ever had the chance to meet/see. To all the new players out there, call yourselves snipers or whatever you want, it may improve your game by helping you get a feel of everything and help you develope your own techniques.
Tippmann A-5, Remote System, just got my flatline b*atch! *Soon to have pic*
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 10:59pm

You actually bumped a thread that's been dead for almost 3 months?

Don't do that. It's annoying. Really.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic