Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDo you think "snipers" are real?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Poll Question: Do you think "snipers" are real?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
731 [61.69%]
454 [38.31%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Joined: 25 December 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3714
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by mercenary4hire mercenary4hire wrote:

alot of people will say no cause markers have a short range. range is important, but not as important as the ability to move silently. This is effective when done right, but few in paintball know how to do it right and call themselves snipers because they think its cool after seeing enemy at the gates or sniper. 


I'm sure you are the epitome of stealth. Stalking through the woods unseen, listening to the ragged and unawares breath of your prey before you strike with your godlike skill.

go home.
Back to Top
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Joined: 10 June 2002
Status: Offline
Points: 6544
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 7:53pm
Again...why do the "sniper" crowd think that they are the only ones who "sneak" or use "stealth" on the field. I guess the rest of us travel with a brass band and flags waving just so we get noticed. Get a clue folks.....Small Unit Tactics, INFANTRYMAN basic one each, nothing special, nothing high speed, in our game a good player using BASIC INFANTRYMAN tactics and techniques does all that you all seem to feel is so special. We use camoflauge, cover, and concealment, we move using techniques wherein not to get noticed, and or observed, we use select, accurate, direct fire upon our targets, NOTHING SPECIAL THERE FOLKS......BASIC INFANTRY

And hard to believe we do not have to wear silly "clown suit" to accomplish it.
Back to Top
GunSamuri View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Spam

Joined: 05 January 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 249
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by DeathFromAfar DeathFromAfar wrote:

GunSamuri

ur gona try and say that i am just saying stuff because i just joined THIS fourm? guess what u lil punk you realy need to get a life if you think that because unlike you i dont spend all of my time on a computer, i actuly get off my a** and do something with my life

you get up and do something with you life? dont you mean you SIT ON YOU BUT AND TRY TO SNIPE?lol

me on the other hand i play paintball with my life....

Tippmann A5
Flatline Barrel
Egrip W/DF Trigger
6 stage X chamber
Rear Velocity Adjuster

Yea I may be Cocky but I have the skills to back it up :P
Back to Top
GunSamuri View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Spam

Joined: 05 January 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 249
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 10:38pm
btw old soilder i love you your my new idol lol jk
Tippmann A5
Flatline Barrel
Egrip W/DF Trigger
6 stage X chamber
Rear Velocity Adjuster

Yea I may be Cocky but I have the skills to back it up :P
Back to Top
PaintballWizard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Flatstang is my HERO!!!!

Joined: 26 April 2003
Location: Antarctica
Status: Offline
Points: 3785
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 10:52pm


Paintball Videos.
www.smacktalkpaintball.com
webdogradio.us
www.forceofnature.com
and www.google.com
Back to Top
Menohl View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 586
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 1:21am
It has become blatantly obvious to me that I should have never spoken in the first place about pro-paintball-snipers. Several people have pointed out that since I am somewhat new to the forum and have under 100 posts that I am a newb, and therefore should be treated like a stupid paintball newbie who thinks he's the bomb...

I would like to thank several people for helping me to reach this decision (excuse me if some of these are sarcastic):

†Sniper† - for misquoting me, and by misquoting me, making me look like I said that I have a barrel for my marker that makes no sound whatsoever... Next time I would appreciate it if you are to quote me, that you quote what I said, not what you edited of what I said to try to make your point.

SR_Crewchief - Thank you for bringing the subject up in the hopes of an honest and intelligent conversation, and thank you for speaking up on my behalf for giving an honest and intelligent answer. I'm just sorry that you didn't get what you wished.

S\/\/4T-L()G4N - For being the only other person to not bash me for giving my personal opinion about a topic, and recognizing that we all have opinions, and that everyone isn't going to agree all the time, but that doesn’t mean we have to bash those that do disagree.

and finally to oldsoldier - Thank you for reminding me that your 23 years of infantry service have made you so omnipotent that you can pass judgment on your brothers in arms so fast. allow me to quote you:

First off, the first mistake you are making as an amateur is assuming since you are in the military this comes "naturally". Infantry for 23years and I still work on the skills,

I would assume that with your extensive training and experience that you would not underestimate another military member especially when you don't know their experience... but then again, I’m new to the forum... so therefore I’m some new-to-paintball-and-the-military dork who is more than worthy of your verbal abuse.

I've been serving my country for over ten years, which is just as long as I’ve been playing paintball, and it honestly saddens me to see a vet bagging on an active duty member for the sake of status in an online forum to impress people who you don't know and will never meet. I just hope it makes you sleep better at night. I may not have served as long as you, but i am pround of what i do for my country as i hope you are for what you did, and i would just hope that you could even slighty understand how angered i am at your comments to myself.

Believe in snipers or don't, be one or don't. Don't let anyone else bring you down for you playing technique.

I'll see you all at the Tippmann World Challenge in September.
Back to Top
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Soup Can Guy

Joined: 18 March 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 6664
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 1:30am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Again...why do the "sniper" crowd think that they are the only ones who "sneak" or use "stealth" on the field. I guess the rest of us travel with a brass band and flags waving just so we get noticed. Get a clue folks.....Small Unit Tactics, INFANTRYMAN basic one each, nothing special, nothing high speed, in our game a good player using BASIC INFANTRYMAN tactics and techniques does all that you all seem to feel is so special. We use camoflauge, cover, and concealment, we move using techniques wherein not to get noticed, and or observed, we use select, accurate, direct fire upon our targets, NOTHING SPECIAL THERE FOLKS......BASIC INFANTRY

And hard to believe we do not have to wear silly "clown suit" to accomplish it.


Hey now. I love being the center of attention on the paintball field. It draws attention away from my teammates. Its fun dancing in a clearing while people lob balls from WAY out of range hoping for some magical lucky break off my gun or something.
Back to Top
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Joined: 25 December 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3714
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Menohl Menohl wrote:



†Sniper† - for misquoting me, and by misquoting me, making me look like I said that I have a barrel for my marker that makes no sound whatsoever... Next time I would appreciate it if you are to quote me, that you quote what I said, not what you edited of what I said to try to make your point. I don't edit things that I quote in a debate. I only edit quotes when someone is acting like an idiot. I do, however, only quote the part that I need for my argument. And nothing of your's that I quoted was taken out of context either. Please come again.



ehh...I didn't miquote you, I quoted the part of your argument that I disagreed with...

Originally posted by †Sniper† †Sniper† wrote:

Originally posted by Menohl Menohl wrote:



Following what i said for your 5th point. If you have used a quiet barrel and only shot 2-3 rounds, and you are in a situation like i've just described, you can use conceled movement to egress the area and move to your next shooing point. I do it alot, where i've shot one, the rest of the team are blidly shooting in my area, and i egress move to a new point, and take out another one.

Now obviously alot of this is dependant as you said on how well you can move without detection, but i'm in the military and have quite a bit of expierience at camoflague and evasion tactics, so alot of this comes naturally to me now. Also the other major factor is how quiet you marker is, if you marker is loud this ain't going to work. and finally, the terrain is always going to be a huge factor in whether or not this is going to work.

The bottom line is your expierience at stealth, your marker, and the terrain will always determine whether sniping is possible on a woods field, sometimes it will work, sometimes it will not.





If you can find a paintball gun that fires three shots without being heard, then you deserve to be called a sniper.

Back to Top
mercenary4hire View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 147
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 9:02am
Originally posted by GunSamuri GunSamuri wrote:

Originally posted by DeathFromAfar DeathFromAfar wrote:

thank you...now i know that about 1/2 of the people on this are just newbies

no offence...but for all yall who said no...go talk to some people who play war games and some of the people who took this sport from nothin to a everyday thing

you should thank people like that for that...without them who knows...ur so loved speed ball might not be around

NEVER FORGET THE ROOTS!!!

wow thats big talk coming from someone with less than 20 posts LOL. also I noted that U joined may of this year thats 1 month and now U are being tunnel visioned saying "yes theyre are snipers no matter what" How much of the roots do you know? why dont you right us a nice little history of paintball snipers so I can hear why theyre are some? Because if youve only been playing paintball for a few months I think that would make you then newb....

just because someone recently joined the tippmann forums and has less than 20 posts dosnt mean theyre a newbie. ive been playing for 5 years and just joined the tippmann forums 2 days ago cause i was bored. dont be so quick to judge
model 98
lp kit
vigilante reg
polished internals
drilled feedneck
dye stickies
hammerhead 14" barrel
sling
paintjob
sureshot sight
Ricochet AK hopper
a whole lot of skill
Back to Top
mercenary4hire View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 147
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Shut Down Shut Down wrote:

And I'm sure you are one of the few that does it right...
i didnt even say i wuz a sniper <KRL'ed>

Edited by Evil Elvis
model 98
lp kit
vigilante reg
polished internals
drilled feedneck
dye stickies
hammerhead 14" barrel
sling
paintjob
sureshot sight
Ricochet AK hopper
a whole lot of skill
Back to Top
Aggie View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Lifetime FFA Member

Joined: 20 February 2004
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 177
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 10:23pm

I don't want to know the debate... So I'll say, I believe in Snipers!

 

Make It Happen
Back to Top
GunSamuri View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Spam

Joined: 05 January 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 249
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 10:39pm

dude mercenary I never said someone is a newb if they just joined the forum I said hes a newb because of his arguments I just pointed out that he was new to the forum because it helps make the fact that hes a newb all the more obvious. Look KNOW the roots ok heres your history lesson: paintball was developed by bored forest rangers who used their tree markers to start shooting each other in the early 80s I believe. warpig along with many other sites have it posted? now lets clear some things up i DO believe in paintball snipers except not in the same context as you people do. but <poopy>DOES THE ROOTS HAVE TO DO WITH SNIPERING? NOTHING!!! deathfromafar is an idiot and he should learn the roots before he goes making arguments about paintballs roots.

btw I believe a paintball sniper is anyone who "snipers" people not from long range or a concealed poition but from a point of vantage because thats what a sniper is look it up it means shooting from a point of vantage, many snipers in the military ect the specific special forces sniper dont use high powered sniper rifles or scopes they just sit on a rooftop with an assult rifle and shoot at other enemy soilders whos wepons have about the same range as theirs its about the same in paintball go to a pointof vantage and light someone up thats in range. It cant be someone whos stealthy because every paintball player should be and it cant be someone who can hit in one shot or from long range because all guns have the same range (except flatline which isnt accurate) and even with a very accurate gun I would pay to see someone hit a person at 300ft with 1 shot its just not statistically possible. but going to a vantage point and lighting someone up with your marker is very possible.

btw i dont to me paintball snipering is really not possible in speedball becaise its basically a firefight with no real concealed position or points of vantage.



Edited by Rambino
Tippmann A5
Flatline Barrel
Egrip W/DF Trigger
6 stage X chamber
Rear Velocity Adjuster

Yea I may be Cocky but I have the skills to back it up :P
Back to Top
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
My title got <krl>’ed

Joined: 16 September 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4148
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by GunSamuri GunSamuri wrote:

dude mercenary I never said someone is a newb if they just joined the forum I said hes a newb because of his arguments I just pointed out that he was new to the forum because it helps make the fact that hes a newb all the more obvious. Look KNOW the roots ok heres your history lesson: paintball was developed by bored forest rangers who used their tree markers to start shooting each other in the early 80s I believe. warpig along with many other sites have it posted? now lets clear some things up i DO believe in paintball snipers except not in the same context as you people do. but <poopy>DOES THE ROOTS HAVE TO DO WITH SNIPERING? NOTHING!!! deathfromafar is an idiot and he should learn the roots before he goes making arguments about paintballs roots.

btw I believe a paintball sniper is anyone who "snipers" people not from long range or a concealed poition but from a point of vantage because thats what a sniper is look it up it means shooting from a point of vantage, many snipers in the military ect the specific special forces sniper dont use high powered sniper rifles or scopes they just sit on a rooftop with an assult rifle and shoot at other enemy soilders whos wepons have about the same range as theirs its about the same in paintball go to a pointof vantage and light someone up thats in range. It cant be someone whos stealthy because every paintball player should be and it cant be someone who can hit in one shot or from long range because all guns have the same range (except flatline which isnt accurate) and even with a very accurate gun I would pay to see someone hit a person at 300ft with 1 shot its just not statistically possible. but going to a vantage point and lighting someone up with your marker is very possible.

btw i dont to me paintball snipering is really not possible in speedball becaise its basically a firefight with no real concealed position or points of vantage.

off the break, front player runs to the 50, the other teams back player catches him in his lane, the back player had a vantage point, because he had a bunker and the lane covered, so is he now a sniper? by saying that any1 who shoots from a vantage point is a sniper, you might as well say that every paintballer=sniper.  because isnt any form of bunker a vantage point against a running player?

and arnt bunkers non see through solid objects large enough for a player to hide behind? isnt that concealed? a player can sneak halfway down the field by using the snake just like they could use brush. very quiet guns and blind spots on the field allow players to remain hidden in the confusion of speedball, just like they could in a fire fight in woods ball


Edited by Rambino
Back to Top
Salem View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 18 October 2003
Location: Djibouti
Status: Offline
Points: 1903
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2004 at 12:38am

why do i even bother but i guess I will.

ur telling me a sniper shoots opponets form a concealed location and doesnt get caught. well expain to me how anyone could miss the signs of a sniper.

ok me and my squad are moving through the woods. suddenly a buddy of mine gets shot out. now lets check what evidence we have to find you.

1.the splat. just by looking at my friend i can get a general direction that your in.

2. the sound-if were within range, your gun is within earshot. another indicator of direction.

3. the cloud of white c02- thats a dead give away buddy. its going to be hovering right at your location.

okay all of the above is ways we use to find you. annd thats assuming that your very good at camoflaugeing yourself and I didnt spot your gun or mask.

okay after taking your shot you have 2 options. turn and run (in which case your shot immediaetly. or 2 sit tight.

assuming you sit tight i can use the above evidence to track you down. which wont be hard because your probably behind/in a brushpile/bush. and just by using our evidence before we'll be able to narrow the options to 1 or 2 piles of brush unless were playing in ungodly thick woods.  so now it would be very simple to decide where you are. surround you using supressive fire, and light you up for bein so dumb.

so if we were playing in extremely thick woods and you managed to shoot me/ my buddy, we must have left ourselves standing in a clearing or something. in which case we desrve to be sniper by a noob sniper wanna be

-Kasey


Back to Top
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Joined: 10 June 2002
Status: Offline
Points: 6544
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2004 at 6:31am
Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, Oh MY..........again

I was a TRAINED MILITARY SNIPER had the MOS the School and everything, and I say they are NO SNIPERS IN PAINTBALL....so there (with hands on hips and a pouty face)

Only arguement you amateurs understand...facts, tactics, training, all mean nothing to a child with a "perception" and a "I am better than all of you" mentality, and still for the life of them do not UNDERSTAND the simple concept of TEAMWORK.....

No Problem, Reigns of Ruin July 31 to Aug 1, Joliet Il, I along with OMHW will be there, I am the General for the HUMAN side, PLEASE all your sniper wanna-bes....be there prove it to us, show us, hiding behind a keyboard armed with a concept is one thing.......

Oh and by the way I am a fighting General, I don't hide at the HQ, I LEAD BY EXAMPLE, a true INFANTRYMAN armed with skill, talents and a TEAM.

But alas here come the excuses, mom won't let me, too far to go, to expensive, as our Snipers again "hide" behind their frail egos, armed only with a concept.
Back to Top
MarkS9542 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 June 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 29
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2004 at 7:50am

Well if your the sniper your a waist of paint balls if u got a gun and u think its really accurate and u call it a "sniper gun" then the move up, the more u move closer to ur opponant the more accuracy u will have.  Usually snipers are the ones afraid of being hit.

New Dye DM4 Matrix Blue pic
Pasted on Freak barrel
Empty Box of paintballs
Back to Top
Hide>n<seeK View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 75
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2004 at 8:26am
why cant people just drop the whole "sniper's are real or not" subject
Back to Top
mercenary4hire View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 147
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2004 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Hide>n<seeK Hide>n<seeK wrote:

why cant people just drop the whole "sniper's are real or not" subject
i second that
model 98
lp kit
vigilante reg
polished internals
drilled feedneck
dye stickies
hammerhead 14" barrel
sling
paintjob
sureshot sight
Ricochet AK hopper
a whole lot of skill
Back to Top
firerz05 View Drop Down
Member
Member

Guested - Sexually explicit crap

Joined: 16 November 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 449
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2004 at 11:35am

In speedball there are deffinately not snipers, theres only back players, and they usualy dump paint left and right.

I'm not sure about woodsball, I've never played. Its not as fast as speedball so I dont know if I would like it. But I would like to try a senerio some day.


Back to Top
Shut Down View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Guested - Flaming

Joined: 10 January 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1979
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2004 at 12:43pm
If everyone wnats it dropped so bad...why do you keep brining it to the top?
!!**~~My Hate List~~**!!

Yes, that means you too!

Bill Gardner is ImpyKing's pimp!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.203 seconds.