Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDo you think "snipers" are real?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Poll Question: Do you think "snipers" are real?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
731 [61.69%]
454 [38.31%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
wonk22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2004 at 10:03pm
sniper

n : a marksman who shoots at people from a concealed place

A skilled military shooter detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.

One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

i think the question should be is there shooting in paintball???....shooting or marking...hmmmm
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2004 at 10:28pm

Paintball snipers are actually around, but its not the same as the "real world sniper", paintball snipers jus sit around wit their ghillie suits or whatever type of camo that he or she is wearing and the paintball sniper doesnt hafta to shoot like the real ones...paintball snipers jus sit in whatever foliage is around and wait and blow away their opponents wit whatever marker he/she has when they walk right pass the sleathy paintball sniper.

If you wanna more....look it up in www.paintballstar.com they have a dvd video available if anyone wants to know whata paintball sniper is really about.

Edited by evil_fingers
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
wonk22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2004 at 10:42pm
there are people in paintball that call themselves snipers....that doesnt make them one....nobody "shoots" anyone in paintball....they mark them
KillerCanuk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 6:28am
There are paintball snipers, but they're not guys that hang back at the end of a field and drop paint between the eyes of their opponents on the other side.

Paintball snipers are the guys that sneak around so well, that you walk right past them and dont even know they are there, until you get a few quietly placed shots on your back.

Thats at real paintball sniper.

I'll go Home, I'll go Home,
Full of the devil and full of the rum.
I'll go home, oh I'll go home,
I'll go home in the morning.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 7:20am
Lions, and Tigers, and Bears.....oh my.....

Again on the New Players Forum.....go figure.
ares View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 7:30am
the paintball industry reconizes snipers

Edited by ares
LordJovian View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 7:40am

f

Edited by LordJovian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 11:09am
The "industry" "recognizes" "paintball snipers" because too many young troops will buy whatever high speed low drag, fancy named marker in hopes that they actually can improve their skills. Practice and technique takes too much work for the younger generation, when you can buy a "wondergun" that will do it all for you, yeah, right. The hide and hope crowd CANNOT and HAS NOTclearly defined the "paintball sniper" as doing anything "special" that the standard one each woodsball player does as a norm. Shooting from a concealed position.....I guess the rest of us stand up in the open and shoot at the opponants, and only our "paintball snipers" are SMART enough to actual hide and shoot from a concealed position. Once said "paintball snipers" can diferentiate between an "AMBUSH" and a clearly defined TACTICAL APPLICATION of a "paintball sniper" maybe us "older" players might stop laughing for those few seconds, before we overcome the individual "hero" in his badly designed ghillie suit, and poorly picked position.

I use "RANGER" styled tactics, hard hitting, fast moving, and co-ordinated attacks...and I do not, and never will call myself a "PAINTBALL RANGER", for my ego is not that frail wherein I need a "NAME" to feel that I am better than the next guy playing the game.

As the NORM...the PAINTBALL SNIPER posts generally fall into the NEW PLAYER FORUM for those of us with actual expierience and skill already know better, and do not post this useless dribble hoping for a justifacation and a boost to our ego.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 11:15am
Oh and "stacking" the pole results is a real reflection of the opinions expressed........again a few need to justify their frail egos and multi vote....just to make it appear that they have a "valid" point......

We have beat this DEAD HORSE....go find a forum that actually believes...and post there.....we have made the point and the MAJORITY here has voiced their opinion many, many times before, and the results do not change that "quickly". The high percentage here on the TIPPMANN forum...beleive in TEAMWORK and actual TACTICAL APPLICATIONS not a fancy PERCEPTION of a skill.
maddog192 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 11:21am
In the us military snipers are 1500% more accurate than the avarage soldier. In paintball you cannot be that accurate.  Snipers are one shot one kill. In paintball the ball move slow enough that you can see them.  Now many time you can avoid them but snipers only fire one shot to get a kill in real life. Snipers in paintball dont exist only people who pick off people from a distance with 5 or six shots. In paintball there is too many factors that affect the paintball's path and you CANT hit a target at 150 yards with 1 shot. Its not possible especially if they are moving.
Venimus, Vidimus, Pinximus
(We Came, We Saw, We Painted)
Natural_Force View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 11:21am
If you are going to compare paintball to the military, then yes, there are snipers.

Say that the average shooting distance in the military is comperable to the average shooting distance in paintball, then compare a military sniper to what would be its equivilant in paintball. The equivilant would be someone that has a barrel like a flatline and is a very good shot. They stay back and take the longer shots while other players are up closer to the action taking shots in large volume.

However, these "sniper" tactics are usually frowed upon because it isn't in the spirit of the game. You aren't playing with real bullets that can cause you serious harm, and the guns you use don't have near the accuracy or predictibality that real guns have.

So get in the action, mix it up, and don't worry about being hit. If you think you're a "sniper" you should rethink your strategy, or even if the game is right for you.
Menohl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 11:53am
I'm sure i'm opening myself up to a massive flood here, but if so, whatever...

I myself, along with the rest of my team consider me a "sniper".

First off to clear up confusion, my team is a woodsball team, we don't play speedball very much at all, we play woodsball. Now your saying that if you don't compete in speedball then its not really a team. Fine, me and my friends play every weekend agaist other groups of friends in the woods field at my paintball field. Now that we got that out of the way...

Good Woodsball is like speedball in the fact that there are positions, similar to back middle front. We have our pointmen, our flankers, our scouts (aka runners) and I'm the "sniper".

My tactics from my military training basically dictated how i was going to play before i even decided it. Now, i don't wear a guillie suit, but i do wear camo. I spend most of the game in one location waiting for the enemy team to either come into my sights, or my team to flush them to me. I do not move very often, and when i do move its usually via bellycrawl and extremely slow so i the other team doesn't see or hear me moving. When i do shoot i use my scope, and i never fire more than 3 round busts; 1. because I only fire when its a sure thing 2. I don't give away my position by firing a dozen rounds.

On average my teammates go through 200-400 rounds a game and get 1-2 kills. On that same game i usually go through 20-30 rounds and average 2-3 kills.

My marker is set up for the style i play, my scope helps me see enemy coming a long way away, and under 50 feet is pretty accurate for aiming, my stock steadys my aim, my remote keeps the weight off my marker and makes it easier to handle, my barrel is very quiet and doesn't give my position away to the whole woods. I could go on but there is no point.

Being a good sniper requires patience, accuracy, a good sense of stealth, and knowing the terrain you play on like the back of your hand. Most people do not have the patience for it, and when they hear a fight going on in another area they will get up and go looking to join the fight, or they will get tired after sitting in the same area for 15-20 minutes and will move on.

If you are very patient and a good shot sniping can be very rewarding, but if you just like the sound of a bunch of markers going off and paintballs wizzing by your head, then its not for you.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 12:32pm
Old soldier:1,000,000,000

Paintball snipers: 0

Owned again.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 1:12pm
yes i think there are paintball snipers. they are the guys that ssit in bushes or trees that can shoot far and that are hard to see. i think anyone that is in a stationed position is a sniper. they are the ones that try to "snipe" people out from a place where they are barely seen.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Smitty Smitty wrote:

yes i think there are paintball snipers. they are the guys that ssit in bushes or trees that can shoot far and that are hard to see. i think anyone that is in a stationed position is†a sniper. they are the ones that try to "snipe" people out from a place where they are barely seen.
The whole point of woodsball is to be concealed and not be seen. Are all woodsballers snipers?
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
spyderjunke View Drop Down
You heard me: Spyder = junke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 1:36pm

Originally posted by Trogdor2 Trogdor2 wrote:

Not in paitnaball.  In war, snipers are used.

that is ture

I rock to my own beat
unknown_user View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 1:46pm
im a sniper, i wear a ghille suit and i like to eat some twinkies while im waiting and waiting for someone to walk around me . I also like to drink pepsi and fall asleep... hey im a sniper
ares View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 3:56pm
if u know where every one is(like in speed ball) then there is no snipers but part of the game i play(i usually play on a farm near a barn) involves hiding. ussually both teams attack each other but i guess some one could snipe.
tippmann89c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 4:48pm
The exact same question was asked by Mr. Marker on April 18.  Search The ForumSearch
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 6:04pm

If everyone is a sniper is woodsball, whos gonna be in the assault team.

And like I said before there is a DVD video on the subject of paintball snipers available....this I know cus Ive seen it.

But, fer those who still wont believe it, then this thread will go on and on and on.........

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic